“Great riverside location”

Ranked #166 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Saltash, Cornwall
“Great riverside location”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a good place to start your holiday. I chose it because I was visiting friends and this was near to where they live. The rooms are a little devoid of character and very much typical Ibis, but the beds are comfortable, there is no outside noise and the air con works well. Breakfast was good with a varied spread and good value so worth including in the price of your room. There is also a free shuttle to and from the BTS station at Kron Thon Buri. The real plus points I thought were the location right on the riverbank,the friendly service, and above all the spotless infinity pool with a bar right next to it. Having said that, the cheesy music they insist on playing at the poolside was a little annoying. Overall, have no fear choosing this one as it's good value and operates to a high standard.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a riverside view as some of these rooms while technically facing t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boima H, Gérant at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Kermowchris,

Thank you for sharing the experience you had at Ibis Bangkok Riverside with the tripadvisor community.
Thank you for complimenting our operating team works, as we aim to deliver an efficient and friendly service, in our fabulous location on the river banks.

We are waiting for your next holidays in Bangkok.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed for 6 days. Rooms are small but comfortable. Restaurant is good..breakfast is a little pricey but a lot of choices available. Close to the ferry and skytrain station. Wish the hotel would negotiate with adjoining piers to have their guests picked up to cross the River. That would really benefit the guests. However overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear mkkCalifornia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Ibis Bangkok Riverside.
As mentioned our hotel is close to the skytrain station and the ferry pier. It is conveniently located within proximity of all the cultural points of interest.

Thank you for commenting about our great team service.

We are waiting for your next visit.
Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days in October, and I would probably stay again if I return to Bangkok. This is a budget hotel, yet the location on the river, the pool, and the staff earn this hotel five stars for value.

The location on the "other" side of the river does mean that you will do a lot of walking unless you take taxis everywhere. If you do take a taxi from the hotel, ask the front desk to call one. It is no trouble for them, in fact they prefer you to ask them to call a taxi for you, as this ensures the taxi will use the meter with no objections. Just tell the desk where you want to go, and a taxi will arrive within minutes. As for getting a taxi back to the hotel, the taxi drivers do not know where the hotel is, you will have to do your best to direct them. The drivers can find the main road, then be sure to tell them Soi 17, and if that doesn't work, look for the 7-11 and tell them to drive down the lane next to it. My daughter was coming to meet me at the hotel and had to use the GPS on her phone to help the driver.

The room was plenty big and the bathroom spotless and more than adequate. Hand soap and shower gel are provided in dispensers, but bring your own shampoo and conditioner. There is a refrigerator with two bottles of water provided daily, which is much appreciated. I was always greeted with a "Sawasdee Ka" by the housekeeping staff.

There is no room service at the hotel, but budget travellers don't usually require room service, right? You just go down to the lovely bar in the lobby, and order drinks or food to take to your room. Prices are reasonable for a hotel, but expensive compared to elsewhere in Bangkok of course.

The pool is gorgeous, and I spent many hours relaxing and swimming before or after setting out to discover this marvellous city.

To get to and from the hotel by public transit, you have a choice of the BTS skytrain or the cross-river ferry. Other posts say that it is a closer walk from the ferry, but I believe the distance is the same whether you choose the skytrain or the ferry. To get to the BTS Krung Thongburi station, take the hotel shuttle. To return to the hotel from the station, take exit 4. To get from the hotel to the cross-river ferry, walk up the lane from the hotel to the main street, turn right and walk about 500m to the far side of the park, where you will see a sign for the ferry. Turn right down the lane and walk towards the river (3.5 baht.)

All in all, a winner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank acyvr
Dear acyvr,

It is with great pleasure that we read your positive feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.
It seems you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are glad you appreciated our service as we aim to provide a friendly and relaxing experience to our guests.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Ibis Bangkok Riverside.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

As this was my first time in Thailand, I was not impressed with the service received at reception when we checked in. Yes the staff greeted, but that's where it ended. The receptionist was not the least friendly. The location is not particularly great, given that our room was overlooking a very dingy parking space. However the location issue seems to be a general problem as I found that the location in Phuket was also questionable. The bathroom was really tiny, the shower had no space to move around. Cleanliness is an issue, one could only tell by the fact that the bed has been made that the cleaning staff was there, beyond that, nothing was done. The state of the floors was horrific. They didn't clean out our bin either. Then they advertise that they have room service, when I tried to use this service, I was told to fetch my order downstairs as they didn't have room service. Then the food, more should be done to control the flies. They were everywhere in the eating area. Furthermore, hotels have egg stations, there is nothing worse that eating eggs which have been standing for who knows how long. The only good thing about this hotel was the friendly American gentleman who was working at reception when we checked out, he greeted everyone with a smile and engaged with all the guests in the reception area, if only all staff was trained the same. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, it's not worth it

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Gopotso,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Bangkok.
As we read your comment, it seems we did not provide the service you were expecting.
Please accept our apologies for the issues you raised. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it highlights different areas to be improved.

As we shared your information with our team, we will avoid any such reoccurrence

Hope to see you in a near future
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently I stayed @ Ibis for two nights. I am not happy with stay here. The rooms are too small to accommodate. I stayed with my wife and infant. The WC is so congested that its difficult sit and move a little bit. May be they can say its our model of budget hotels. the bed was unable to accommodate 3 of us. ( later found that there are bigger rooms ???, but i am not sure why this room was given for me (may be my package maker mistake ??)

So called Free Internet is worst I have ever seen. Someone reviewed that its getting connected only from lobby. But when I checked its not even getting connected from lobby also. (so, dont think a working wifi from room). Atleast it has 3 systems in lobby to use net. ofcourse you have to renew the password every 30 minutes.(something is better than nothing).

Checkin check out are very good, it was done in fractions. Pool view was good. Its has a baby pool , where my infant enjoyed a lot.

Never use the phone there in the room for outgoing. they will loot your money.
Charges are 16 Bhatt for landline calls and 42bhats for mobile.
(i think its 1 or two bhatts if you buy a sim). They will charge you for engage calls also.
I tried to call a number, which was engage twice, but they charged me for those calls.
I paid total 125 bhatts for 3 calls.

Location was good for me, but many tour operates denying to pick you from this hotel, as its located very far from city.
Travel desk was good. It has a room for keeping luggage. Late checout has half day charge.

Room service was pathetic. They cleaned my room @ 3PM that too after a request. Cleaned room. didn't bothered to change bed sheet, just cleared and kept same bedsheet back. The toilet tissues were finished (my little one tore a bundle) , they didn't kept new. The next day morning we realized that didn't even bothered to add shower gel.

Staff was neither friendly nor rude.
I don't recommend this for two or more people. for person its ok to adjust.

Room Tip: May be you should loook for family room or room with twin bed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear adityachs,

We thank you for leaving us feedback about your stay.

Please accept our apologies as what you describe does not meet the service we aim to provide.
We provide family rooms that are larger and high in demand for families of up to four.
The matter about the Housekeeping issue has been brought up to our Housekeeping manager in order to avoid further reoccurrence.

We hope you will give us a chance to better serve you.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've returned again to the Ibis Riverside again purely for its location on the river front. I've come to accept the lack of customer service provided and again was unfortunate witness this. The front desk staff and porters need to be more friendly, acknowledge and engage with customers. Sadly when I returned to collect my luggage and handed over my receipt, not a word was said. No smile, no welcome back, no thank you. Maybe training is lacking.
However, that aside once your by the pool, you'll be amazed by its location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boima H, Gérant at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with us on tripadvisor.

Thank you for commenting about our wonderful location. As I read your comment, it seems we did not deliver the friendly and welcoming service we aim to provide to every of our guest.
Please accept our apologies for your unfortunate encounter.

Thank you for highlighting this as together with the team we will work to avoid further reoccurrences.

Would be glad if you give us another chance to better serve you
düsseldorf
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel is a great deal!
The poolarea is amazing, next to the river, see all boats floating by, nice view to lebua hotel.
Rooms are basic but clean and all there for a relaxing stay.nice neighbourhood with malls little foodstall 7/elven etc.
Breakfast is very good and cheap and they have a nice garden to seat outside!highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank praiasecundo
Dear praiasecundo,

Thank you for commenting your stay with us on tripadvisor.

As mentioned, our location is exceptional as it offers calm and plenitude combined with access to many points of interest along the river.

Thank you for recommending us.

See for your next visit.