“"Wonderful"”

ibis Bangkok Riverside
Ranked #176 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great hotel,it is situated next to the Choa Phraya river in a better location than other 4/5 star hotels.
The reception staff are very informative and friendly,my check in time was only a few minutes.
My room overlooked the pool and also had a view of the river,it was a very clean and had plenty of space for hanging clothes and storage.
The bed was very comfortable and had many good nights sleep,toilet and shower very hygeneic and water pressure was perfect.
I would like to congratulate the management and staff of this hotel for making my stay a wonderful experience,everything was perfect for me,a special thanks to Avin my cleaning lady,she a lovely woman and take care my room very well,and she very polite and speaks good English.
Whenever I come to Bangkok I will always stay Ibis Riverside Hotel,thank you all for your warm welcome and friendly smiles,you make me feel I a friend,not just a guest !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just ask for room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful moment at ibis Bangkok Riverside!
It is great to know that you appreciate our services as well as the hotel's location, friendly staff, scenic view, cleanliness and the comfy bed. We will maintain our quality of service to meet our guest satisfaction and will pass your compliments to our team as well as Khun Avin for encouragement.
It is our brand promise to bring satisfaction to our guest with standard accommodation, quality services at great value for money.
We hope to welcome you again in the soon future!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We are here at the moment. The staff, you would swear wish you werent here. The land of smiles has gone missing.
We were here 9 months ago and about 2 years ago and it looks like its aaall downhill for IBIS.
To add insult to injury, the supposed \"hot deal" we got by booking on the internet (NOT) meant that if we wanted to make any changes we would lose our money.
You are better to book just 1 night on the internet if you reaaaaaaaally must stay here, and the rest personally once you get here.
If you like a typically Australian hotel breakfast, forget it. The only thing familiar is an egg, which is OK.
The croissants are absolutely tastless.There are lots of good hotels around so pay a little more and book elsewhere it will cost less in the long run and you will enjoy your stay, which I presume is the main point of being here.
Frank G, Melbourne Australia.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere, somewhere they smile when the staff see you and value your custom and are proud of t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank G

Thank you for your feedback!
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that might have caused by our services. We are providing continuous training to our staff to ensure quality service and that our guests are well taken care of.
Regarding Hot Deal promotion, it is the normal policy that the change and cancellation are not allowed, payment will be made at the reservation process and the booking must be made 3 days in advance. This policy applies for all Hot Deal promotions for Accor Hotel. We appreciate your understanding.
At ibis, we aim at providing our guests with warm welcome and services at great value for money for a wonderful experience, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a very basic hotel in a good location in the city... it feels great when you step into the backyard of the hotel since it faces the river and you also get a good view... the rooms are very basic, more like a bed and breakfast... the persons at the front office are not the best in being cordial, however they are helpful when you ask for it... simple, no frills place to stay if you have a tight budget!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing ibis Bangkok Riverside for your wonderful vacation in Thailand!
It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location and the beautiful view of the Chao Phraya river! It is our brand promise to ensure a smooth stay at great value for money for all our guests :)
We apologise for any inconvenience that might have caused during your stay. We will provide more training to them for better quality of service to our guest!
We hope to welcome you again in the soon future!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stay here whenever we come into Bangkok. We love the family rooms. Unfortunately, the service has diminished since our first stay last year. The travel desk continues to be a challenge to my patience. This time they wanted us to pay for a half day tour, in addition to paying for a hotel limo, even though we only wanted to make one stop on route to airport. Total time should have been less than 2 hours.
We asked for a taxi, the vip desk referred us to travel desk, who referred us to hotel desk, who referred us to... you get the picture. Try as hard as we may, they would not allow me to order beverages with our lunch. We even tried explaining this to the help at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

It is great to welcome our regular guest at ibis Bangkok Riverside!
We are happy to know that our Family Room is your favourite :) ibis aims at providing our guests with good quality, warm services at the best value for money.
We apologise for any inconvenience that might have caused during your stay with us. We will convey your comment to the hotel management for a discussion with the tour centre manager for improvement of the service.
We hope to see you again in the soon future!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

All windows are very small. I asked for a room with a view of the river...view was only possible with contortions. I offered to pay more for an upgrade but was told that the only availability was exactly the same as I already had.
There are no drawers!!! I had to lay out my underwear and socks on the very narrow sofa/settee/long cushion on a board.
The in-room safe is located on the bottom of the closet which requires that you either lie down flat on your stomach or bring along a one-foot helper in order to access it. There are no safe boxes available at the desk.
As I am composing this review I just had another incident where the maid tried to clean my room while I was still in it! The first time she insisted and I, reluctantly, agreed to let her clean, even though I planned to leave a little later.
There is no room service. Trying to decipher the instructions for in-room dining options in the provided printed brochures is an adventure. Since I could not find a phone number for room service, I went to the restaurant to ask to have some food sent to my room only to be told that I would have to make my order by telephone! This meant I had to go back upstairs, make the order on the phone, wait for it to be prepared, then go back downstairs to pick it up. Try opening a hotel room door with a key card while balancing a tray with a sandwich, dessert and a drink weighing you down. It would not have been possible if the maid had not been cleaning the room at the time so I guess it was a good thing she insisted..
Speaking of dining, the service at the riverside restaurant was slower than imaginable and the famous Thai smiles and hospitality glaringly absent.
The bathroom is not a place for the claustrophobic. there is barely space to turn around. Water pressure and temperature were fine, though.
Also, forget reading in bed. The bedside lamps are of such low wattage that it was impossible.
My idea was to stay on the river rather than amidst the bustle of the center-city. The shuttle service to the Transit system is hair-raising. The driver honked and sped his way through the traffic while I held on for dear life.
I will not return to this hotel or any others of this chain!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, insist upon a room actually facing the river rather than a "side-saddle...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank William K

Thank you for your feedback!
We sincerely apologise for any unexpected experience during your stay with us. We have noted your comments for discussion with the hotel management to find the best solution for the incident. Also, we are providing continuous training to our staff to ensure our guests are well taken care of.
Regarding room amenities, our hotel is an economy hotel brand that offers quality accommodation at great value for money for our guest. And to offer you the great value for money, we need to provide you the essential services. This is to ensure that you will have a worry free trip at the best price.
Again we sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused and hope to welcome you again at any ibis hotels in Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket and Samui) for another ibis experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here from 4/10 till 7/10

What I liked:
-nice location besides the chao praya river & hotel is hide away from the bustling main road (quiet)
-staffs are friendly & check in is smooth
-great pool considering this is a budget hotel (had a relax swim & sunbath)
-shuttle service to BTS & frequency is good
-lots of delicious food right outside the hotel (very short walking distance)
-very near the pier & it's fun to take a boat to Chinatown district
-tv channel : 84 stations
-they adhere my request to get a birthday cake for my girlfriend celebration despite short notice
-room is modern & clean

What I disliked:
-not near to BTS
-no welcome drink
-no porter to assist luggage (save on the tips then)
-tv is rather small compared to the previous hotels I stayed
-tv channel are mostly Thai show or movies translated to thai (that's not tourist friendly)
-wifi in the room is totally useless! I've to go to the hotel lobby to get connected which is now how I did this review (this is poor standard)
-bathroom is really small & lack class-combine shower gel & hair shampoo into one, no hand tower.

FInal verdict
I will stay here again should I visit Bangkok again as overall is still satisfactory for what the type of charges.

Tips
Can do away with breakfast. I find most breakfast buffet menu is typical & boring. I prefer to have brunch of local food.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your valuable comments on our TripAdvisor profile!
We are glad that our hotel met your expectation in many ways and you will be our returning guest in the soon future :) ibis Bangkok Riverside is one of recommended hotels for family getaway with the stunning view of the Chao Phraya river and relaxing atmosphere :)
We have noted your comment on our service and will improve it accordingly.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

it could be a nice hotel, but......The location is excellent, just drop into a ferry, crossing the river and hop on the sky-train, which carries you within minutes to all important places, even to the airport. But the service is most bad. As a customer you got the feeling of being an enemy. "Please don't disturb us." They do the work what they want to do even when you are talking to them. They don't look at you even. They will not give you any advice where and how to go to interesting places. So please rely on yourself.
By the way, the breakfast is a nightmare, so the dinner. The pool is ok, overlooking the river.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter G
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed our prime location. Our hotel offers a relaxing atmosphere in an attractive location and we thank you for sharing your experiences.
We truly apologise for the inconvenience you might have experienced with our service. We are providing continuous training to our staff to ensure that our guests are well taken care of. At ibis, we aim at providing our guest with a great stay at the best value for money, that's why your comment is very important to us.
We hope to see you again soon at any ibis hotels in Thailand for another ibis experience!