“The most horrible hotel experience ever!!!...”

Ziniza Boutique Service Apartment
Ranked #619 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel location is not perfect, but you could expect it for the price.

The room itself is fine, A bit boring, but large with good bathroom, tv, minibar and etc.

The stuff service is HORRIFIC. Starting at the reception, no respect at all. When there was a problem with the internet, I reported it, and instead of even listening to my requests one of the managers was texting via phone and doing glances and smiles at other stuff members. That was so disrespectful and annoying(((. And it was happening not just once. He even made me cry one time (!)

Apart from this room service was not regular, I had to go dow to reception and remind to clean my room.

When it comes to restaurant downstairs, the food itself was ok, but the prices on same food was changing from time to time for no reasons. A little disappointing..

At the end of my stay, when I asked to see the manager or any other responsible person, so I could give him a comment on my stay, I was told he had a day off (I stayed there 5 days, and on the 2nd day was trying to make a complaint, he was already having a "day off"). So I was promised he would contact me via email.. which of course he never did.((
Overall, If you want to have a stress free stay in Bangkok, do NOT go to this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A little hard to find but as we had a printed copy of the address in Thai and the phone number of the hotel, the taxi driver was able to call through and get us there, late at night. Due to a booking error(not on my part), we had to wait for our room which was annoying as it was late and we had been travelling for nearly 24hours and this was only meant to be a 1 night transit stop. However, we were upgraded to suites which were amazing. 4+*quality- living area, kitchenette, bathroom, large bedroom(dressing gowns & slippers) with balconies to 2 sides. We were pleasantly surprised at the opulence of the suites. Breakfast was very good. My kids found local eateries nearby for dinner. It was well located for a transfer stop between both airports, so was ideal. Staff were very helpful.
Some reviewers commented on unpleasant smells- they were right. It was rather strong but we were near a canal and I presume there was sewage around. That and the distance from the city centre might be the reasons I might be put off this otherwise excellent hotel. Hopefully the hotel will consider strong air freshness in the rooms?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is out of the city center and conveniently located if you want to catch a morning bus from MoShit bus station or even Don Muang airport. It’s more sort of a long stay hotel with large rooms with a mix of business and some tourists.
Breakfast choice was large and as most guests are Asian you have a broader selection of rice or noodle to start the day with.
Will definitely use again when I need a hotel outside of the city center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel had a very friendly staff. There is a shuttle service to take you to Chatuchak market. There is a free transfer on the scooter to the nearby train station.
The hotel is pretty in terms of room size and cleanliness. Quite cost effective as well. You get morning breakfast + tea/coffee as many you may want in the room. You might have to pay for water (which is ok, given the cost of water and cost you pay for the room).

Only thing is if you are planning to go explore Night Life of Bangkok and stay late in the city (i.e. after the trains stops running), you might have to spend 100-150 Bhat to get back to the hotel. Generally you might have to call up the hotel for directions (and again it does not matter what hour of day you are calling at, I have returned from office at 1AM and hotel receptionist explained the way to the cabbie without any fuss).

There is a mall (I think TESCO) next to the hotel, where you can find KFC, MacD and a few Thai rest. Other than that, if you are ready to walk a little bit there are lot of street food vendors (which you must try if you are visiting Thailand).
Though there is a sewage canal in front of the hotel, I never was bothered by any foul smell or rotten odor.

Though there are multiple hotspots, but Wi-fi is bit of an issue. But if you are not there on a business trip (cause I was), you may not find this as an issue.

Still I will rate it 4-4.5, based on value for money.

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is not exactly a hotel but a serviced residence complex. I think there are a lot of long term guests. It was quite an adventure to get there from the airport. My taxi driver had the initiative to call the hotel from the road and asked for directions and he still got lost a little bit. Not very easy to find. Even for local taxi drivers. You're going to be smack right in a residential neighborhood surrounded by a canal and Thai homes. Don't expect to see any tourists around. Instead you'll be enjoying the same amenities and services that local people use in their neighborhood. It's about 15 minutes from Bang Sue station (the terminal station) but I felt safe walking home from the station late at night. During the day, there are a lot of taxis on the main road and Thai taxis are more affordable than the ones in cities in the region. Less likely to run into problems with taxi drivers either, although their English ability is a hit or miss. Most of the time it's a miss. I got there kind of early in the morning and they were nice enough to clean the room quickly and let me check in, but I had to wait for about 40 minutes.

Breakfast was quite nice with typical Western items (ham, egg, sausage, etc.) and local favorites. Lots of fresh tropical fruits.

The room is very very spacious. Almost like a suite. When you close the sliding doors, it's totally quiet. Everything seemed to be clean and functional although when you look closely, they're a bit old and worn and may need to be repainted or replaced soon. But they worked.

If you want a clean, quiet, and affordable place that's a bit out of the way, it's not a bad choice. But I think there are probably other hotels in the same price range that are better located and newer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bonsaisai
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked the hotel as it was near the bus station. The meter taxis wouldn't take us and the tuk tuk driver got lost. This wasn't the hotel's fault but we then had a similar problem leaving the hotel - the reception staff were not helpful and the taxi from the hotel took us in the opposite direction from the train station.

So the hotel was fine but the helpfulness of the reception staff wasn't good - the location of the hotel seemed to be our problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joanna1903
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I realised that if this hotel was 3 times the price I might still think it was acceptable. Stayed because it is a 10 minute walk from Bang Sue train /lrt station. Close to a big grocery store / little mall. Went downtown by bus or lrt in 30 minutes. Hotel itself is very nice and the included breakfast was upscale. The hot water for shower took a call to the front desk for the trick to get working. The type of hotel that has bath robes hanging in the closet. Cabbies had no clue where it was and maps do not seem to help them. Have the number of hotel handy first time. Gym on site.

Room Tip: The rooms have balconies!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple