“Excellent Tour with an Excellent Guide”
Review of Absolute Bangkok

Absolute Bangkok
Ranked #42 of 226 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Bangkok is operated by a team of licensed guides who are experienced, professional and will answer your every need. There are fixed itineraries you can choose from or just send an e-mail and we can create an itinerary that will suit your desires. If you are looking for common tours or something off the beaten path, we are the one that will take you there. Experienced travelers very familiar with Thailand use our services to experience aspects that only Absolute Bangkok can reveal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour with an Excellent Guide”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to book the Grand Palace and Wat Arun tour with Absolute Bangkok. We were not disappointed. We met our guide, Pui, who was knowledgeable and extremely fun. She knew the city inside and out and both locations were absolutely amazing. Everything was taken care of and we felt like we really knew the city once our tour was concluded. We enjoyed it so much that we booked a second tour on our second leg in Bangkok to the Floating Markets and Wat Pho. While the floating markets were a bit commercial, we did get a river tour of the residential area, as well as the Train Market (which is quite an experience). We requested Pui again because she is absolutely the best.

If you book a tour with Absolute Bangkok (and I strongly suggest you do), ask for Pui. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Jwwhite10
ABsoluteBangkokTour, Owner at Absolute Bangkok, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your great message. We have passed this to our tour guide and surly this will help us work harder to make your day full of joy and fun. Hope to see you on your next visit.
Best,
The Abs Team and Miss Pui.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Really disappointed”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Was really looking forward to this, as I expected it to meet my expectations based on the rest of my trip in Bangkok. However, I found it to be totally overpriced for what I got. I chose the Night Tour as I am travelling alone, and I felt this would be a good way to explore various markets and areas after dark. My tour guide met me at the hotel and the car arrived to get us (10 minutes late). The driver was, however, polite and courteous. First we went to Chinatown - we walked along the length of a road and stopped for some street food (ordered by my guide, who knew I was vegetarian yet a small plate of noodles and pork arrived at the table, so I had to pick out the pork)...the problem began here in 2 ways - one of which was that my guide didn't really say much. As nice as she was, I found myself asking questions because if I didn't, we would be in almost total silence (with the exception of a few facts that she told me). She also stopped a couple of times to buy some things she needed, which is not a big problem, but I thought she was showing me places/things that I would like to see rather than silently heading to shops/stalls for herself! We then waited at the end of the road for a good 10-15 minutes for the car (again, no explanation or talking). Then went to flower market and stopped by the river at my request to look at a temple (I was appreciative of this slight detour). Finally we went to Patpong and walked through together. Then we headed back to my hotel and I saw that the time was 9pm - so I'd paid 3000 baht for a 3 hour tour (minus delays waiting for the car) that had been advertised as 4-5 hours, plus a guide who was nice but didn't say much! Sadly I wouldn't recommend, although perhaps I was just unlucky.

1 Thank Katy L
Milwaukee, WI
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outstanding Bangkok Tour”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were a group of two couples that booked our tour based largely n TA reviews. We were not disappointed! Bangkok was an overnight stop on a southeast Asia cruise. Our travel plans gave us one day to tour Bangkok leaving the next day for an overland trip to Cambodia.

Communication before the trip was excellent. The Absolute Bangkok Team was informative and thorough.

We arrived at the Laem Chabang container port and among a sea of cars/vans Ms. Mon found us. She was enthusiastic and eager to get started. Our van was boxed in but Ms. Mon and our driver went to work, getting other vehicles to move out of the way so we could get going! The van was clean, roomy and comfortable. Cold bottled water and damp towelettes were waiting for us.

During the drive to Bangkok, Ms. Mon gave us a great history lesson and explained the significance of some of the sights we were going to see.

We were a little concerned about large-scale political protests happening in the city but to their credit, our guide an driver knew the right route and shortcuts to avoid these areas. They also did an excellent job timing our visits so that we were able to see everything we wanted to. At each stop the background and descriptions from Ms. Mon were excellent. To her credit, she was also an excellent photographer! At the end of the day, she delivered us to our hotel and ensured we got checked in and settled. The next morning she was waiting for us in the lobby and got us to the airport for our flight in plenty of time. We had a great experience and would highly recommend Absolute Bangkok Tours.

4 Thank Adam12WI
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Perfect day”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were a group of eight and I booked this company for a day trip to the train market and floating market. The guide met us on the dot as reserved and was informative throughout the day. We all agreed that we were ver satisfied with the boat time on the floating market which was about 45 min. That was definitely the best part of the trip. We can highly recommend this company and guide.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank leneanne
Advance, NC
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great private tour of BKK.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I booked this private tour of Bangkok in order to make good use of our extra days in advance of a Gate 1 tour of Thailand. They worked diligently with me to set up a full day of touring to get the most bang for the buck, so that we could see sites that were not going to be covered in our package tour. We ended up taking 6 persons - four from our Gate 1 tour and two from another
Gate 1 tour that ran at the same time. We scheduled a maximum of 7 destinations for the day, but due to traffic and a long lunch (of our own choosing) we managed to get only four. The presence of the protests in Bangkok prevented us from access to one or two of the chosen sites. We should have started the tour at 8 AM instead of 9 AM (again, our own choice.) Ask for miss Pui. She did a great job in describing the history and significance of each site.

The price of the tour was very reasonable - about $60 per person since we had six persons. The van was an extremely luxurious Toyota people hauler - very comfortable, clean, and looked new.

I highly recommend Absolute Bangkok tours!

Visited November 2013