“A GREAT TOUR”
Review of Absolute Bangkok

Absolute Bangkok
Ranked #42 of 209 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Bangkok is operated by a team of licensed guides who are experienced, professional and will answer your every need. There are fixed itineraries you can choose from or just send an e-mail and we can create an itinerary that will suit your desires. If you are looking for common tours or something off the beaten path, we are the one that will take you there. Experienced travelers very familiar with Thailand use our services to experience aspects that only Absolute Bangkok can reveal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A GREAT TOUR”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The communication by email to book this tour was very easy. We were picked up at the hotel on time for our tour. First we were taken to the Golden Buddha temple which was amazing, then on to the reclining Buddha. Our guide spoke really good English and was very knowledgeable. We also visited the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple. It was an extremely hot day but they kept us cool with plenty of water and cold towels. We also had a trip on a long tail boat along the river and saw some local life. We were only in Bangkok for the day before joining a cruise. This tour suited us fine as we saw all the highlights of Bangkok, something we wouldn't have been able to do on our own. Also the price was very reasonable as it included all the entrance fees.

3 Thank Sylvia D

Seoul, South Korea
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AbsolutBangkokTour”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently traveled to Bangkok and booked a tour with AbsolutBangkokTour. Be very careful when booking with them and do NOT let the tour guide talk you into paying for any additional upgrades. While on two day of our tour, our guide kept trying to talk us into upgrading and paying more for different parts of our tour. For example, we were suppose to ride on the Death Railway train and our guide wanted us to pay him additional money to sit first class (which consisted of a pillow and a softdrink). When we told him "No" we were OK without this, he then suggested skipping the Deathrail train ride altogether because it would be bumpy and uncomfortable (which of course when you book they do not tell you about). Then we were rushed from place to place including missing the Elephant show because our guide insisted that we see the Tiger Shrine. Not only was the Tiger Shrine a complete commercial trap, BUT our guide overcharged us the entrance fee which I am sure he just pocketed. Also, my mother was handicapped which I explained to the company when I origianlly booked, and she was not able to do ANY of the tour. I will never book another trip thru this company.

7 Thank Marie T
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Do your self a favour!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chose Absolute Bangkok Tours after reading the reviews on TA and had two fantastic days out.
Our first day was the train/floating markets & Grand Palace tour with Miss Pui and our driver Sam. Second tour was the Bridge over River Kwai and tiger temple with Miss Fon and our driver 'A'. I won't review the actual tours as other TA reviews have already covered. As an Aussie you look at the prices and wonder if it will be worth the expense given that 'group' tours are cheaper. Having experienced the traffic and the driving skills of the drivers you will literally save hours of your life as you pass the tour buses stuck in traffic and unable to manoeuvre like your drivers. Both Pui and Fon were very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and queries during the 'hours' you will spend getting to and from the attractions, this is while you are in a quiet air conditioned and comfortable car rather than a big coach sitting looking out a window with no idea what you are passing. At the train markets Pui was able to explain and answer questions as we walked in single file though them, something a big tour couldn't do. With the long tail boat we had a small one just for us which was able to get around the small canals rather than being jammed in a large one with a bunch of strangers.
On the train tour Fon made sure that she had booked the seats on the best side of the train and a great table for lunch. With the tiger temple because of inside knowledge we definitely had a better experience than others.
Having Pui and Fon knowing all the little tricks of the trade such as where to stand to take photos is worth the money.
At the end of each long day we were so glad that we had gone the private tour route.

PS If you go to the tiger temple book the baby tiger feeding, you will get to play with them for 40 minutes before feeding them, unreal 'Eco' experience and worth the price, there were 8 of us and 2 five month cubs and 3 three week cubs.

1 Thank Shayne-Patricia
Binangonan, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“I've made the right choice”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited Bangkok last April 18-21, we are a family of 5 adults and 1 kid. I was tasked to prepare everything and that includes picking up a tour operator. I've read about Absolute Bangkok Tours here in Tripadvisor and I must say that they didn't disappoint me nor my family. We all hav good things to say about them.I booked their airport-hotel transfer, customized Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha and Wat Pho tour and Safari World Tour. They immediately responded to all my queries and booking with them is hassle free. Their drivers are well mannered and they are very careful when driving. I must commend our tour guides Fons and Book. Fons is our tour guide for our Grand Palace tour and she is very good in explaining all the details regarding the temples that we visited. She gave us advises on how to get through our vacation without being scammed. She was very considerate of our elderly mother given her condition. We toured the area on our own paced and that is what we really liked about it. Book on the other hand is very good as well. He gave our kid the pleasure of savouring the time spent together with the animals in Safari open zoo. He was very considerate about the kid and even brought our bags and carried the kid along when he thinks we're already tired. That is really an exceptional customer service, going beyond to provide full satisfaction. We even called him after our tour and asked some questions regarding the place we want to visit and he really helped us get along. Over all I must say that I can recommend Absolute Bangkok tours to those who are planning to visit Thailand and will be needing a tour operator. I would also gladly refer my families and friends to them and hope to hire their service again once I go back to Thailand.

San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The ROYAL TREATMENT in Bangkok!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We chose ABT for a two-day private tour while on our Celebrity Millennium cruise. I have been to Bangkok several times, but this was the first time for my spouse and I wanted him to really "experience" Bangkok. We created a custom two-day itinerary of Bangkok, spending the night (on our own) in Bangkok as the cruise port was over two hours away from the city.

Our guide - Ms. Fon - and her driver met us in a beautiful new leather-interior sedan and we were off to Bangkok. The first day included visits to the the flower market, the Royal Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Wat Pho and the Reclining Buddha, and finished with a private long-tail boat cruise on the Chao Phraya and exploring the khlongs. Throughout the two days, Ms. Fon explained local customs and tours and we also learned about her and her family and she wanted to hear about our lives, where we have visited, etc.

That's one of the big advantages of a private tour - the guide doesn't just talk AT you, they talk WITH you! Plus you see a lot more in the time you have available. At the end of the first day were were dropped off at our hotel (and Ms. Fon recommended a great local restaurant in the area for dinner).

The next morning we were back on the road visiting Jim Thompson's House (one of my favorite spots in Bangkok), the Vimanmek Mansion and the Old Parliament Building and Galleries - one of the highlights was seeing some of the royal treasures currently on display there. After another full day of touring, we enjoyed a quick Thai lunch at a local spot and returned to the cruise port and our ship.

Bangkok can be hot and after every stop, when we returned to the car, there was a fresh bottle of ice cold water and cold refresher towels. We were spoiled!

You can create your own customized tours, or choose from many of the pre-planned tours they provide. And they can accommodate up to 12 persons on a tour. BEST way to see Bangkok and highly recommended!

Visited March 2013