“Delightful little cafe”

Ranked #48 of 597 Coffee & Tea in Bangkok
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Description: check out the website. Absolutely TOP carrot cake homemade, guinness chocolate cake, Trained barista, Flat white latte , Good coffee too. Gallery,handmade,relax,art,Cute coffee shop, close to Khaosan Rd. opposite Viengtai Hotel Rambuttri Rd. in Bangkok
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stopped in for a light lunch after a hot, tiring day touring the Khao San area. The cafe is cozy and welcoming with colorful artwork lining the inside. The barista was sweet and attentive. My table ordered a lime and mint shake (refreshing), an iced Americano (flavorful...needed no additives) a trio of dips (again, flavorful) and the 'fly me to the moon' sandwich (beyond satisfying!). If you are in the area, and need a break Khao San's exhausting atmosphere, this cafe is a refreshing spot to recharge!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We can say it is the best place for coffee. Tea and snacks we love coffee and they have many types great place with pin of silent fir removing the tension of life with sipping of drinks. Here they give quick service.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is great! The coffee was the best that we had in the last 10 days whilst in Thailand. On speaking with the owners they source the coffee from a few different places mainly north of Thailand...
We had the peppermint coffee and the caramel cap, both as good as each other. It is a funky setting with great artwork all around the cafe. We walked down after visiting the Grand Palace.
The hosts were the nicest Thai people we have met whilst being here in Thailand, so warm and welcoming to Moka. It is amazing what a bit of warm hospitality does whilst enjoying a coffee... If u are in Bangkok visit this cafe.... It is a must....

1  Thank morry1234
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Moka caught my attention when I was doing my research on Bangkok on TA. I told my 17 year old niece and she was interested too. So one the day that we went to Khao San Road we made a visit to Moka.
As we entered we noticed that the shoes or slippers were left outside, it was like visiting a home in Asia. So we did just that, left our footwear out and stepped in onto the cool floor. We were welcome warmly by one of the owners. The tables and chairs were very unique, e.g. recycled sewing machine that became a table etc.
As it was a hot day we decided to try the lemon and lychee fizz and they were very delicious and thirst quenching, my niece really enjoyed it. We shared a carrot cake which was yummy too. I browsed about the shop and found a little gift to bring home. The owner has a cute little dog called, Mika. It was hiding under a cupboard and will come out occasionally barking to welcome the visitors. Apparently the café is in a 99 year old building that belonged to the owner's grandmother.
We sat there chilling out in the café, enjoying our cold drinks and watching the world go by.
When we were ready to leave, the owner thanked us for coming and kindly apologised for her barking dog, which was not necessary, as I love dogs.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Gorgeous crema on expresso, silky lovely milk, well tasty home made carrot cake. Cool arts and crafts, cozy, funky ... I've been a barista in New Zealand for a decade, and this place would fit in on K road or Cuba street ... Worth waiting for them to open at 11am.

3  Thank Josh S
Modaka, Owner at Moka Coffee & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you very much and we're welcome any time and waiting to making a beautiful coffee for you^^