WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Description: check out the website. Absolutely TOP carrot cake homemade, guinness chocolate cake, Trained barista, Flat white latte , Good coffee too. Gallery,handmade,relax,art,Cute coffee shop, close to Khaosan Rd. opposite Viengtai Hotel Rambuttri Rd. in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Quaint and cosy cafe/gallery with friendly owners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Moka caught my attention when I was doing my research on Bangkok on TA. I told my 17 year old niece and she was interested too. So one the day that we went to Khao San Road we made a visit to Moka.
As we entered we noticed that the shoes or slippers were left outside, it was like visiting a home in Asia. So we did just that, left our footwear out and stepped in onto the cool floor. We were welcome warmly by one of the owners. The tables and chairs were very unique, e.g. recycled sewing machine that became a table etc.
As it was a hot day we decided to try the lemon and lychee fizz and they were very delicious and thirst quenching, my niece really enjoyed it. We shared a carrot cake which was yummy too. I browsed about the shop and found a little gift to bring home. The owner has a cute little dog called, Mika. It was hiding under a cupboard and will come out occasionally barking to welcome the visitors. Apparently the café is in a 99 year old building that belonged to the owner's grandmother.
We sat there chilling out in the café, enjoying our cold drinks and watching the world go by.
When we were ready to leave, the owner thanked us for coming and kindly apologised for her barking dog, which was not necessary, as I love dogs.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda T

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing coffee in Thailand ?! Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Gorgeous crema on expresso, silky lovely milk, well tasty home made carrot cake. Cool arts and crafts, cozy, funky ... I've been a barista in New Zealand for a decade, and this place would fit in on K road or Cuba street ... Worth waiting for them to open at 11am.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Josh S
Modaka, Owner at Moka Coffee & Gallery, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much and we're welcome any time and waiting to making a beautiful coffee for you^^
Surin, Thailand
“Memorable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Cute hidden little getaway to read a good book and enjoy some amazing coffee and deserts, a nice chilled out atmosphere from that of busy khao san road. The drinks are reasonably priced for Thailand. As you walk in you remove your shoes which gives the place a cosy homely feel; staff are super friendly and welcoming.

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Place To Eat and Buy Art”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The coffee was the best I have had in Thailand. The sandwhiches and desserts were tastefully prepared. Bought some nice artwork for my house as well. Good Choice!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jin S
Sydney, Australia
“Great place, great coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I wish I could give Moka Gallery more than 5 stars. Coffee is great and home made waffles, Guiness chocolate cake and freshly made sandwiches are simply fantastic. Young ladies running Moka are so super nice, you certainly feel welcome there. Hard to put it in words but Moka just feels right and I will certainly be back. Thanks Moka

• Visited May 2013