“Great room at an even better price!”

Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #45 of 1,303 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Shama always delivers exceptional value. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the rooms are always clean well appointed. Staying at the Shama is like having your own apartment in Bangkok. Thank you Shama for a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ShamaSukhumvitBKK, General Manager at Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are very glad to read about your "ultimate" experience during your stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staying at Shama was the highlight of our trip in Thailand. Was visiting with parents and kids and Felt like we were staying in a 7 Star Hotel if not better. The staff there makes the stay so special that you can't thank them enough. Right from the people guarding the property to the Bell Desk and the wonderful people Manning the reception area "Smile" and "Yes" are the two consistent things you will experience here.

I am sure this is a top down approach which reflects in almost everything they do. The breakfast was good and so was the service there. The kids room, business center and the pool were also pretty good.

You can get a very sound sleep here since it is not bang on to some Put/Bar or disco. Very centrally located and just a couple of KMs away from all the Malls and markets (MBK, Paragon, Prathunam etc.)

I would go back to this place again and again.

A must go place as per me.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have good view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ShamaSukhumvitBKK, General Manager at Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write this extensive review.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services in the areas you listed.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went here for a birthday.To relax and enjoy life.
This really is excellent.
Staff were pleasant and friendly.
I am very pleased to celebrate this birthday.
Sun reflecting the bedroom. It offers easy access to shopping.
If there is a chance I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise" Like to have some chair at balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Napatphan D

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and rooms during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Bangkok. Please let us know if we can help in anyway.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Shama Suites is the only place to stay if you're looking for self contained apartments. This is the 8th time I have had the pleasure of staying and each time have not been disappointed.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The general manager goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and even the catering staff will go out of their way to make sure your breakfast is enjoyable.
Rooms are thoroughly cleaned each day by housekeeping and the little extra touches are a treat.
I have stayed at many other places in the Sukhumvit area but this the is always my favourite.
Maree
New Zealand

1  Thank wendy1959

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for staying at Shama Sukhumvit and taking the time to give us a review here in Tripadvisor.

We look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay with us again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Shama and found everything to be just right. The rooftop pool and the workout gym were 2 of my favorite places to go. The breakfast was delicious each morning as well. The in-room washer/dryer was a great touch.

The only issue I encountered was a couple of unscrupulous taxi drivers who picked us up and then tried to get us to go somewhere we didn't want to go. Both times we asked to be let out on the street and had to start our trip again. The hotel staff insured us that they were not connected to the taxi drivers in any way, and tried to pre-screen them. The first time it happened the door man was re-trained in how to pre-screen. The second time the door man was busy and did not speak to the driver. I don't think it was the hotel's fault, but I think it's worth warning future visitors to make sure the doorman pre-screen the taxis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Randy J

Luxury+Elegant
Contemporary mix with thai-style, the hotel is well designed. Lobby feels very comfortable, clean, smells good. Staffs are very professional, friendly and helpful. I didn't have time to try the pool on the rooftop and the gym, hopefully will do it upon next visit. The room layout suits my taste, I feel like home, and drop dead on the couch after an exhausted day.

Discreet+Convenient
The hotel entrance ally is secure and private, and there's a shortcut back exit leads to Soi4 or Soi6, which can easily dodge the crazy traffic on Sukhumvit Rd. Finally, just 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS, perfect.

Room Tip: Well, I pick the higher floor... I like it.

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write this extensive review.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was disaappointed at Shama Sukhumvit. The location is reasonable and access to the BTS not too bad, and the accommodation itself is not bad - the suites are quite large and reasonably well-appointed. But Bangkok is a very competitive market for serviced apartments of this sort and Shama fails in so many points of detail that I do not think that it is competitive. I had one major disaster - a smell from my bathroom so bad that I had to change rooms - but more to the point were masses of tiny details, insignificant in themselves, perhaps, which cumulatively made me want to move out. The breakfast is quite limited and staff poorly trained (for example removing all my food and a mostly undrunk cup of coffee in the time that it took me to go the buffet and collect something). In the bedroom there is no light by the bed - only a bright overhead light - so it's far from convenient if one person is not sleeping well and wants to read, but a companion wants to sleep (surely a common thing in a place where many guests will be suffering from jet lag). Almost worse, you cannot turn the light off in bed but must get up, go to the door, and turn it off, returning to the bed in the dark (the fact that the light in my wardrobe would not go off because the door fitted so badly, so I had a thread of light to see me back to the bed was entirely in keeping with the general level of maintenance and detail). And so it goes on - so many examples of little things that made me feel that I would never want to return here.

When I said I intended to move out they initially said I would have to pay a penalty day (I had thought that this applied only to a no-show). When I protested, and talked to Agoda, they waived this penalty and refunded the balance of days. Then they went further and offered me an upgrade to a larger suite for 4 nights entirely free. So I stayed, and I recognise in this respect exceptional customer service - but it doesn't make up for the basic inadequacies.

1  Thank Londontimo1946
Sukamal, General Manager at Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thanks so much for taking time to share your feedback, following your recent stay at Shama Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Our team including myself has gone through all your feedback and we have taken necessary action to improve all the basics. In fact we have checked all our apartments regarding the wardrobe light and we made sure that all wrdrobes are well closed and there is no thread of light is coming out from wardrobe. Regarding the tiny details our training department will continuously train all operations department so that they can focus on details. Regarding the switch for the bed light we actually have a switch beside the headboard, however your constructive feedback led us in a good direction. Upon check in our Guest Relations team will go through all these during orientation of the room.

Rest promised that all your comments are well noted and taken into consideration immediately.

Please accept my deepest apologies and I very much hope you will come back to experience the excellent levels of service and customer care with which Shama Sukhumvit, Bangkok is generally associated. When this is the case please contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Kind Regards