“Great for sharing with friends”

Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #50 of 1,283 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I booked Shama instead of a regular hotel as I was travelling with a friend of mine and we were struggling to find twin rooms in the hotels that we liked, then luckily I came across the speciality lodging section on tripadvisor, I read the reviews and they were all positive so I booked a 2 bed apartment for 3 nights. Apon arrival we were very warmly greeted by the very helpful staff and best of all got upgraded to a 3 bed premier just because I asked for a good view. The apartment was great, very big, a plasma tv in each room , ample space, I could not fault anything. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex S
There are newer reviews for Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok

Reviewed April 16, 2012

From pick up at airport at 1.30 am on a Sunday morning until check out 4 days later our exeprience at Shama was exceptional. We were travelling with three children (ages 5,7 & 10) and stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was ideal for us. The kitchen was very well appointed with full sized fridge, washing machine, crookery, cutlery and utensils. We were able to keep drinks cold and in the heat of the middle of the day prepare lunch for the children and avoid having to eat out. The apartment was very large with two well sized bedrooms,bathrooms and a lounge area with DVD palyer and stereo. Wifii worked brilliantly. The roof top pool whilst not huge was a welcome relief from the heat and the view was always interesting.The staff were extremely helpful. We had left some asthma medicine on the plane and had given up any hope of seeing it again. The staff kindly offered to contact Emirates on our behalf and to our delight confirmed the medicine had been found. When Emirates informed there would be a charge to deliver the medicine to us, the hotel staff proactively organized for one of their transfer team to retrieve the medicine when next at the airport and deliver to us hence avoiding the fee. This kind of service is what truly makes the difference and we were left speechless. One morning at breakfast our three children were presented with gifts from the hotel management-once again a delightful surprise. On a more pragmatic note it is an easy 5-7 minute walk to the Skytrain and whilst a very short walk to Sukhumvit you never hear any noise fro the street. All in all an awesome place to stay in a terrific location representing tremendous value for money. we would not hesiate staying at Shama Bangkok again.

3  Thank JimmyH2094
Reviewed April 13, 2012

the corridors are not air conditioned, and Mr.Samee in the reception was very helpful.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

the good review in tripadvisor for this Shama Bangkok made me want to try to stay here for my 2nd time visit Bangkok this year with my Family, and it wasn't disappointed me at all, I feel good to stay here because of it's near to the central, room is big, high ceiling and the bed is very comfortable! Housekeeping staff and front desk is very patient with us for many requested from us with always smilling. Breakfast a bit small area but it's enough for us needed only the choice of eggs is limited but that's not border us. Oh..and it's nice swiming pool! We will go back here again in our next trip.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Last may 2011 i stayed for 11 nights at this hotel ,i can honestly say i cannot recommend this place highly enough its minutes to the station where you can catch trains to all places to shop
has a magnificent view of city and cleaned every day.
The people are highly efficient in there duties and rooms are magnificent having everything you need ,the water is filtered so you are able to brush your teeth with it not having to worry about getting an upset tummy,the pool is amazing on top of the building looking across the whole of bangkok.They have a bus that picks you up from the airport that can also be arranged to take you back to the airport.the price was great three of us shared a 2 bedroom apartment costing $540 each for eleven nights which is a great price.minutes from hospital too

Room Tip: we used the net to find shama and then chose a room from there plan ours was on about the sixth or t...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
ShamaSukhumvitBKK, General Manager at Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Greetings from Shama Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Thank you so much for choosing our property for your accomodation. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to meet you again in the near future.

Sukamal Mondal

Reviewed March 29, 2012

First time travelling to Bangkok with a baby (1yr old) and toddler (4 yr old). Chose Shama after extensive research and reading reviews from various website.

The lobby and reception had this calming and homey effect. We arrived nearly midnight but the check in was flawless.

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and My first impression of the room was as I expected from the pictures.The living area was spacious and had floor to ceiling windows. The bed was very comfortable - and this came from my 4 year old!

Breakfast was great cause they cater for those who are vegetarian as well. Not too massive that you get in large chain hotels but just nice for a good hearty start for the day.

There is a ploenchit center nearby (shopping center) and the BTS about 5-10 mins away depending how fast you walk. We even found an indoor night bazaar across the main street (infront of JW Marriott). A 7 eleven is also available nearby.

Only negative is that we were placed on the lower floor facing the night bars so it can be a bit noisy at night.

In summary, we enjoyed shama very much and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wiz a
ShamaSukhumvitBKK, General Manager at Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Greetings from Shama Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for the time you took to write this extensive review.
It was nice to hear that our team made your stay comfortable and you enjoyed your room..
It is most rewarding for us and our Team Member to get such a nice feed back and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

We look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay yet again.

Best regards,

Sukamal Mondal

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I booked an apartment but later had to cancel. I sent an email and also spoke to them asking if they would confirm the cancellation. Communication by email and by phone was not easy and I did not persist with my request for confirmation. I was subsequently billed one day for a non-show and my challenge was not accepted. It was my fault that I did not have proof of my cancellation. Future dealings should be watched with more care.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends