“best Bangkok secret....”

Shama Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #46 of 1,335 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed 7 nights with two friends in a 2 bedroom apartment. I've been to BKK 5 times, and this is the best place I have ever been in. Awesome swimming pool, really yummy breakfast- continental style with great coffee and juces and above all, awesome staff. HUGE rooms and really good value. This is the ONLY place to stay in....Did I mention the pool??!!

Room Tip: Tip: Choose Soi 2 facing as soi 4 is the Nana Soi which can be party loud town.....
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kieran1972

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I spent one week here with my family for evacuated from flooding in BKK.
The location of Shama is very convenient, it takes only 5 minutes walking to BTS.
A two bed room with modern style, clean and beautiful.
It was great that we decided to stay here, all staff is always serve the best for me and my family.

If I have a chance, I would not hesitant to go there again!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My mom and I recently stayed at Shama Sukhumvit, Bangkok. The whole experience was great. The check-in process was fast and efficient, the managers and staff are friendly and well traines, the rooms are very large, comfortable and beautiful. The pool was incredible view especially at night. Location is fantastic, easy access by expressway, convenient and close to the BTS skytrain.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The location near the shopping area and the most we liked. It is near to the hospital where my wife and me have the physical exam. All the staff are very potile and courteous and our needs has been attended. The staff name Piengpis is very helpful and very accomodating. If I go back to visit Bangkok again, this hotel is my first choice.

Room Tip: The room is the Soi 2 side is a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I live in Hua Hin but stayed at Shama for 4 nights when friends came to visit Bangkok. It was perfect for our purposes and we would definitely stay there again.

The location is great. It's close to 2 BTS stops and is a taxi ride away from really anything you want to see. We didn't want to stay further down Sukhumvit (where many other serviced apartments are located) because it was too remote. We also didn't want to stay by the river because of so many tourists and big hotels. Shama was in a perfect spot!

The room was clean and simple. We noticed a light wasn't working when we checked in and it was fixed within minutes. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and took care of our airport transfer requests with no problems.

The breakfast was just okay. But we weren't really counting on it to be spectacular...there are so many great places to eat in Bangkok, why eat at your hotel, right?

If you want a spacious and clean place to stay for a few nights or a few months, Shama is a great option. Good for families too - there is a pool and a game room.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one at the front of the building (facing Soi 2). The rooms in the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Spice4Lifer
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Sharma was beautiful and modern, the staff, managers and in particular the Operations Manager were excellent, they had a good knowledge of the local area and pointed us in the right direction for all requests (spas, nail salons, etc) the location was really convenient, close to the skyrail, shops and great restaurant’s very easy to get around and more importantly find again. The rooms are spacious and very well equipped, the washing machine/dryer had a workout and the bathrooms/ensuite are great. Breakfast was very tasty and a good mix of fruit, breads, cakes, rice and meats with juice and coffee/tea. The pool was incredible and we used it day and night the view especially at night (its on the roof) was awesome. As with any hotel/apartment there were very minor things but we wouldnt stay anywhere else again, do yourself a favor. Go Sharma

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Our family spent our weekend in Bangkok (Oct 14-16/2011) and this was our first time staying at Shama Sukhumvit BKK. We and our little kid did have great time at SS with nice, spacy, well-furnished apartment, helpful staff. We already decided that we should plan another trip with our big family to SS by year-end. And another good experience that i have with SS has made us feel that SS Bangkok is our good choice and that's the place we will come back and will strongly recommend to our friends. I happened to leave some cash ($1,700) notes in USD & lccy in the safe box. I only found out when we reached our home country. I called the SS with little hope that the money could be found. Surprised enough, the staff (Ms. Pathsikarn) informed me that she found the money still in the safe. The hotel management and staff have been very helpful to remit the money back to me at soonest. The hotel agreed to hold on some home currency notes for me as it cannot be remitted. So, my plan to come back and stay at SS is almost confirmed. I am really impressed not just with the quality of the hotel, management but the integrity of the staff to make their service unbeattable.

Room Tip: Not that i am aware of
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family