“Average Indian Food and Overpriced”

Twisted Tandoor by India Today
Ranked #1,783 of 11,162 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Small, quaint and very friendly... A house run operation with Indian Cuisine done with a modern twist. Stop by for a drink and taste some of our signature cocktails if you're not hungry! =) Everyone and anyone is welcome, no strict dress code - cheap and delicious eats. WELCOME TO BANGKOK! xx
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I found the food quality very average and the price was much higher compared to better food quality restaurants in the vicinity.

The only positive about the restaurant is the decor but avoid second floor because there is some smell probably emanating from kitchen.

1st floor is nice and cozy but I would any day visit other neighbourhood authentic Indian smaller restaurants which are 40% cheaper but importantly much better quality food but Ambience is not as good.

in case you are bringing in a guest this place scores.

1  Thank RahulTikoo
There are newer reviews for Twisted Tandoor by India Today

Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was my second experience with this restaurant and I am sure that this time it was same good as it was in April, 2012. I have a good idea about the Indian cuisine and I can say that all they offer at India Today is a real, tasty Indian food. It is not easy to choose the right place in Bangkok as they have too many Indian restaurants in this very area.
You can be absolutely sure about the quality of the food at India Today, as this restaurant was first recommended to me by my Canadian friend who has been staying in Bangkok for the last 25 years and who is very scrupulousliar about everything. Anyway, he and his friends go exactly to India today if they want to have an Indian lunch or dinner.
All we have ordered this time was delicious and tasted very fresh. Chicken Tandoori, Butter Chicken as well as the starters were fantastic.
It is not a very cheap restaurant but I think that the pricing is pretty acceptable for that level of the quality. My wife and me have paid around USD 40 for 2 starters, one kind of bread, 2 main dishes and 2 lassi.
The service was also very nice and quick and all the staff was friendly and helpful.

1  Thank KirillIvanov
Reviewed January 14, 2013

They do know how to cook Indian food here without doubt but as it is 600bht for a prawn curry it is ludicrously over priced.
It isn't a five start experience and so despite the food being good and the staff trying hard it is really unnecessarily expensive.
There are better choices for less money.

1  Thank Gemdealer
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went here my last night in Bangkok because of reviews. Our reception was welcoming, and after heading upstairs our greeting was warm and friendly. Showed right to a table by the window with view overlooking Sukhumvit and entrance to Soi 8. Great decor and warm atmosphere. Menu was very good with many choices. Service was quick and attentive. The food IMHO was delicious. i especially liked the samosa appetizers (you get 3) and one of the entrees the vindaloo curry. We ordered four different entrees and an appetizer and in Thai style we shared all. The naan was fresh and good although I prefer more garlic flavor in my garlic naan. The chicken dishes were moist and delicious--not dry at all as I often find with tandori chicken. I highly recommend this place for the food, the views, the atmosphere, and the service.

1  Thank ravenret
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've been trying all the Indian joints around Bangkok. foods pretty affordable and l like to keep trying looking for the best or at least great meals that I would want to return to with friends. India Today gets a very good. the papree chat is a really large serving and taste just as good as they get for me for now. wanted to try butter paneer and keep it veggie tonight. have to say it came out a little wattery but the flavor was amazing. they make decent lassi here but for some reason I like mine blended not on the rocks. would I come back, yes yes yes but still trying others first. some may think its expensive but I was fine paying $20. great location with two dining areas where u can look onto crazy Sukhumvit while you dine in comfort.

1  Thank redmangosteen