“Let's be honest here; this place is a joke..”

Nami Teppanyaki Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #2 of 11,052 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The heat is on at Nami, where hot teppanyaki plates become the focus of flame and flavor for a dazzling theatrical display of cuisine creation. • Theatrical, live teppanyaki cooking stations • Imported beefs and fresh seafood • Variety of rare sakes Lunch 11:30 am - 2:30 pm Dinner 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm Reservations recommended
Singapore, Singapore
“Let's be honest here; this place is a joke..”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Prices are amongst the highest in Bangkok. If one dares to charge that, one has to deliver. It doesn't. Chefs are not skilled and very poor cooks. Worst experience in years.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank User124

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Very Disappointed, Bad Service, have so many better choices than this one!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went to New York Steak house with my friends last week, and have to say that it is one of the most horrible dining experiences ever! We had to separated the table because we came for four people and two of us got the Marriott gold member cards so as the rule we had to separated the table to be able to got 50%discount, according to the rule I feel that we both paid for the card and I don't see why can't we just sit in the same table and separated the bills this is just a little details that they are so extremely strick without caring any customers feeling! So then after that we ordered separated appitizer and of course even if we want to share we can't, including the main courses even if we ordered four main for four ppl! I mean it makes me feel like we were in boarding school with a very strick teacher watching us all the time, this is not suppose to be our feeling and what we get after paid for all of this!!!!! We also bought four bottles of wine to open and even if we paid 750++ for each we still couldnt share the drink, this is so redicilous!!! Its like they made up these rules to just stop us from getting the benefit of the Marriott gold card!!! To sum up, The worst thing of all is the attitude of the workers in the restaurant which are so arrogant, and very mean!!! My family had been eating here since they first opened, and those worker just came for a year and treat us like dirt!!!!!!! From this experiences I talked to a lot of ppl and also including my family , they all agree that they had been to that situation and now NEW YORK Steak House Bangkok is NO longer in our choices of restaurant!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
“Pirce is higher than other Teppanyaki restaurant but taste is same.”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I read many good reviews from Tripadvisor. Over all service and Teppanyaki taste are good however i found the price is high when compared with other Teppanyaki restaurant but the taste of food is the same. I don't mind paying higher but I expect a better taste like what I have tried in Japan.

• Visited March 2012
“Teppanyaki at its best”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The restaurant is located under JW Marriott Hotel. Actually there are 2 Japanese Restaurants side by side, one called TSU, the other NAMI (TSUNAMI?), what I found a bit strange. However, the architecture is great and by itself a reson to take a look.
The quality of food prepared in front of our eyes was outstanding (we ate different kinds of Kobe Beef that also really tasted different) and it was also possible to get sashimi and sushi from the second Japanese Restaurant as a starter. The wine list, however was disappointing; basically no interesting choices in a medium price range, so we opted for sake.
All in all, the experience was very good, excellent food, but a weak wine list that should not happen at this level of restaurant

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Chantal D
Bangkok, Thailand
“A Favourite amongst the locals”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I am a big fan of teppanyaki and have tried many versions of it in different Bangkok Restaurants. Nami is the undisputed winner in my opinion and of many of my friends. The menu is well set out and gives incredible value. you order 1 main course and you get a choice of salad between crispy raw potato salad thinky sliced ( JUST HEAVENLY) or a garden salad. you also get to choose between miso soup and shitake mushroom soup. there is then an appetizer of prawns or scallops done infront of you on the teppanyaki grill. next is the maincourse on the teppanyaki grill done in front of you. All the chefs speak a fair amount of English so you are able to interact with them to tell them how much butter or sauce you liked on your meats. The is finished off with either dessert or some fresh fruit.
Basic dishes like snow fish, butterfish and lamb and some cuts of beef ussually costs lesser than 1000bht with which you get all of the above mentioned courses. this represents very good value with excellent food taste and quality. drinks are a little on the higher side but then again this is a 5 star joint and its the same across the board.
About the earlier review, Kobe, Matsusaka and Wagyu are ussually pricier than local cuts and Australian beef.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ineedsoftbeds

Travelers who viewed Nami Teppanyaki Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok also viewed

Been to Nami Teppanyaki Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!