“Costly, but good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed September 15, 2013

via www.sagarsonker.com/travel/thailand/#food On my website, you will find photos, links, and up-to-date content.

Khana Khazana, is obviously costly, but the food's taste was great. They have a huge variety in menu (you'll find the image on my website's link above), and the food we ate was authentic. Being a Pure Vegetarian, I felt safe inside that restaurant, besides, it was Air Conditioned, and no outside "smell" was reachable there.

We had meals there quite a few times, and ate South Indian (Idli/Wada) dishes too, which are generally the safest to eat, and they were all good in taste.

Their timings are 11 am to midnight. 11 am is a bit late for breakfast, besides you have to go sight-seeing, so I hope they open earlier.

VIP Discount:
Second time onward, they generously offered us around 10% discount on all food orders.

Take Away:
Their parcels are very well-packed. I used to go there via the BTS Skytrain, pick up meals parcels and return, and the plastic bags and boxes they packed in were very durable. They didn't take extra charges during those 'Take Away's as well.

Photos:
On my website

Outdoor seating not recommended due to cigarette/pork smells.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any vegetarian visiting Bangkok.

2  Thank sagarsonker

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'm trying all the Indian joints in town and covered most of the popular ones. this one being in a prime location I put them on the back burner for years. also reading the reviews here often they didn't grab my attention so well. so that's where the wow came from.

just like their neighbor they offer the fun dosa w sambar. a very good palek paneer that I would come back for this again. w a coke and garlic naan it came out high for Thai at 564 baht. still I enjoyed my meal much and its on my small list of Indian restaurants I would return to. there's a bunch of Indian restaurants in this area. still a few more to go to before I start venturing farther to the Silom area.

1  Thank kai_khem
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is an excellent place to eat for vegetarians. Good cheap food with service to match. They play Hindi music or have the television on Indian station. It is located on the main road of Sukhumvit where there are stalls along it's length and many fine shops and shopping centres nearby like Terminal 21. They also have an upstairs sitting but the street views are best from the ground floor.

1  Thank Ghanny
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is place which caters to mainly tourists since local Indians and expats fond of Indian food, soon realize, the prices are not worth the food. I have eaten there 2-3 types initially due to my lack of awareness of other Indian restaurants in the vicinity and I have to admit, I have been consistently disappointed since there wasn't any specific item which made me remember the food.
The service was indifferent, and the food quantity was just okay.
Would not recommend, to anyone else, gets by since its a busy and touristy zone of Sukhumvit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first visit and I had dinner at this vegetarian restaurant.

Plus points:
1) Extensive four page menu. It makes you wonder how they can serve food from almost all regions of India. The menu represents South, North and West Indian food. The prices are average for Bangkok. I read reviews on TA which state that the food is "expensive". If you start converting Thai Bhat to the Indian Rupee then it does appear expensive. Stop converting and start enjoying is my message.....

2) The food arrived fairly quickly. The Roti is authentic made in a Tandoor. (Tandoor is a clay oven).

3) The food is not bland - however I did request "medium spicy". Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Minus points:
1) The wait staff rotates so you have different males serving you. I had asked for raw onions on the side, which never arrived. I guess it got lost in the shuffle.

2) If you are alone, they will seat you at the table in the front which is next to the entrance door facing Sukhumvit Road. When other Customers leave or enter, the front door opens and all the dust and pollution comes in. I do not like dust coming in when I am eating.

3) There was no towel or air dryer in the Toilet. If you like to wash your hands before or after the meal, please bring a handkerchief or grab a paper napkin from the box on your table!

Tip:
If you order Roti (Indian Bread), just order one Roti for two people max. Once you start eating, then order the second Roti. This will assure that you are served warm Roti. When Roti gets cold, it starts to become hard and is difficult to chew. Roti should be eaten while warm.

2  Thank Victor-in-USA

Been to Khana Khazana? Share your experiences!