“stylish hotel but far from train station”
Review of MeStyle Place

MeStyle Place
Ranked #435 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
manila
“stylish hotel but far from train station”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. Lobby was so chic with lots of photo ops. Room was spacious and bed was firm and comfy. Restaurant on the lobby served good food at good prices. Overall, it's a great hotel in a quiet location. You may request the receptionist to help you get a cab to get to nearest train station and the cost is 45 baht one way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wanchis2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stay here as it is the serviced apartment. It's fun to stay in this stylish place but the staffs are annoying. They are not very helpful. They can't remember at all. I stay here for 4 months and walk pass them everyday. When I ask them if I have a package from the postman, they said I can't have it because the room renter is not my name. It's my bf's name actually but we stay together! Also, I have never seen the girls at reception smile, never.

The great ones are the security guards. They are very helpful and always help us calling a taxi, motorcycle taxi or tuktuk.

This place is a bit far from the underground but it's still easy to get here by motorcycle taxi for 20 baht. It's good for long stay because you can go anywhere by using public transport and it's quite a reasonable price per month.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is very stylish and fun to look at. Our rooms was large & very nice, seemed quite new, clean, free bottled water, fridge, TV with international / English channels. Bed was comfortable and bathroom definitely among the best we've encountered in Southeast Asia so far. It's a bit of a walk to the next MRT station and there are not many restaurants and shops around the hotel. The hotel's restaurant is quite good though so we ate there both nights. Unfortunately the breakfast is a little disappointing especially the continental option, might want to go for the American. Also the staff speak very limited English, some none at all. Makes it a little difficult to ask for directions and such. They did however manage to call us a taxi on time on our last day.
Would happily stay there again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far from the elevator as possible, it's a lot more quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The eclectic decor of this hotel is intriguing, and with a bit more cleaning and customer service, this may have a chance at being a decent place. Unfortunately, our room had pubic hair in the shower, a broken shower handle and some sort of beetle infestation.

The bed was comfortable, and although the sheets had stains, it was apparent that they had been laundered.

The wifi is a joke! They give you one single login code for a weak network signal that will force you to log in every five minutes. For travelers like myself and my partner, who travel with three devices (iPad, phones) this will be a problem. Also be prepared for rude staff. When I informed them about dirty rooms and asked why the wifi was so terrible, I was met with the old "sorry sir, can not do anything" excuse.

Also, this is quite a ways from the MRT, so be prepared to spend what it would have cost you for a great room somewhere central just getting to/from the fun. Alternately, if you want relative quiet away from the hustlers, this may be a decent place to stay, but certainly not worth the $57usd I paid.

• Stayed February 2012
Crowsnest Pass, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I booked and stayed at this Hotel because of the positive reviews. For the most part, it was good with the exception of house-keeping. After staying there for 6 of the seven days that I had booked and paid for in advance - I was not able to accept my room not being cleaned and bed being made in the late afternoon. Two times after 4pm, once after 5:15pm and the other couple days after 3pm my room was looked after. I complained twice. First time I got action in a little over 3 hrs, the last time the front desk made excuses for it being after 5pm for the cleaning staff to do their job..
Either the young management team was afraid to take care of the problem, or, the cleaning staff was simply over-worked.

Room Tip: Let hotel know what you expect from house keeping prior to booking if possible. I was on the 4th flo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel was great! My husband and I stayed here for 6 days. Staff is friendly and bed is comfortable. 7Eleven is around the corner. It is also a bit far from main attractions. But it is only about 45 baht away, with taxi to Suthisan MRT station. There is an outdoor day market near this station with great food and shopping! As it is super cheap and tasty! The hotel bed sheets/comforters had stains on it and there were a few ants in the room (it didn't bother me much). We chose not to have the rooms cleaned throughout the stay and we were still given two bottles of water each day (it was placed outside the door). One day though, they had come in to clean, though we put the do not disturb sign on the door. We told the hotel staff about this and told them we do not want it cleaned going forward.

On the morning of check out day, we called the staff while we were in the room for a taxi. We then gave our keys to the staff and waited for an OK to leave. One member of the staff went to the room to make sure everything was OK. We waited for the taxi and it never showed. We asked the front desk again for the taxi. They called the two security guards outside to get us a taxi. They "tried" their best to get us one. One guard even went on his bicycle to get on the main road, but wasn't successful. We ended up waiting for an hour for a taxi (while the rest of the week was perfectly fine getting a taxi). He told us to wait 10 more minutes because they knew a guy from the hotel who is a taxi driver. When that guy came down, he thought he was driving us to the airport (alot of money for him). I told him, no, we just want to go to Suthisan MRT. He kept talking to the security guards in Thai and the security guards were telling us to go to the airport. We were like no, TAKE US TO MRT! Basically, they kept us waiting so we could wait for his friend to drive us to the airport, so we would not miss our flight. But in the end, we had him drive us to the MRT and took the 2nd flight home. They suck! And wasted everyone's time! DO NOT TRUST THEM! Get your own taxi! Also, make sure you have a map of the hotel, when you arrive, because the taxi drivers don't know where it is!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A really nice place to stay but not close to the nightlife. The decor is amazing - nothing goes to waste, so much has been recycled to be decoration. Checked in at reception which was a converted Mini!! I stayed here on and off over 3 weeks spent in Thailand. I stayed in three rooms in this hotel, each with a different theme of decor. Staff were amazing, service was great and the price was fab. Next time I visit Bangkok I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family