“Hidden Gem in Bankok! Brand new fixtures, totally clean and friendly tour organizer in the lobby!”
Review of Twin Palm @ 39

Twin Palm @ 39
Ranked #530 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked the twin palms @ 39 for 2 nights before traveling on to Phuket. My friend and I liked it so much we chose to return for our last 2 nights in Bankok. The price was right for high season (2800 bhat for 2 nights). And considering the quality of the room/beds it was a total steal!

When I entered the room the first thing I noticed was the size of the room itself and the spotless bathroom. The room was prefect with a balcony, very comfy beds and wifi included. The bathroom had a shower and HUGE bathub (bonus) with visibly newly renovated fixtures. We had a stove, microwave, kettle, and fridge. Flat screen tv with cable was another unexpected bonus.

The big pluses: (1) very helpful tour organizer in the lobby, Mr. Yao, who suggested tours and places to visit as well as nearby nightlife. He genuinely just wanted our visit to be memorable. We booked the floating market tour and the dinner cruise (NOT to be missed). If you have anything you want to book he can make it happen and he was honest and helpful.
(2) FREE tuktuk to the BTS station. The station is maybe 5 mins away and the used sky train to get around which was easy.
(3) great massage place less than 15 min walking distance away. And 7/11 and ATM literally next door.
(4) they let us have late checkout without charging extra because the hotel wasn't full.

Will I stay here again and/or send my friends? Definitely. The only drawback I found which is NOT the hotel's fault at all is that tuktuk/taxi drivers had a tough time finding it. I suspect with more exposure this will not be the case for long at all.

Worth a visit!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NavK007

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I really enjoyed my 3 nights stay here in January 2012. Very nice appartments, very friendly staff. They also supply you a free tuk tuk to take you to where ever you want to be dropped of. Valu for money awesome!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alf M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Casually I book this hotel for just one night, after few days I returned and booked Hotel for next 5 weeks. Rooms are very nice and very roomy with kitchenette and fridge, big queen bed, flat screen TV, very spacious bathroom with Jacuzzi. Free tuk tuk to bring you in less than 10 min. to the BTS or Soi Cawboi at any time. Above all, I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers looking for some place convenient, clean, and friendly (from staff, manager and to the hotel owner itself) warm and very familiar atmosphere. Price/value ratio highly recommended Hotel A great stay and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Max M
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This property is way up the end of Sukhumvit 39, a wacky road that is a combo of one and two-way stretches making a trip to or from the hotel by taxi somewhat of an adventure through a rabbit warren of sois and sub-sois. I stupidly thought I could walk to Sukhumvit Road in about 10 to 12 minutes - but it is about double that. The hotel is far closer to Phetchaburi Road than to Sukhumvit Road.

I got a deal on wotif which included an upgrade from a so-called Deluxe room to a Grand Suite. When I arrived, I was informed that the Grand Suites were all full that night, and they were upgrading me to another class of room. I can't remember ever being upgraded in my life before, so I was stoked, even if it was only going to be for one night.

The apartment had an entrance hallway, kitchenette, living room with flatscreen telly, and a huge bedroom again with flatscreen telly and DVD player, and a writing desk. There was a balcony off the bedroom, although there was no outdoor furniture. The bathroom had a shower and a two-person spa bath.

The head housekeeping lady and one of the front desk personnel were extremely friendly - other staff so-so, but nothing to criticise. Talking criticisms, and the only one I can think of is a common complaint in Asian hotels: maintenance. There were four things that needed fixing, nothing that was going to make a huge difference to my enjoyment of the room, although one I did discuss with them as I thought it was an accident just waiting to happen. Nothing was done about it - but as with most other properties in this region, something has to actually fall down/off/over before anyone will fix it.

I cannot mark down the property on the basis of that criticism as the value was superb. This was a well-appointed apartment for less than $AUD50 a night. Outstanding value - and the best value I've encountered in 17 years of visiting Bangkok. The same rate (1,400 Baht) is still available as I post this review, and you should take it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Make sure you slelect the upgrade option when booking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Steve K
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We used Bangkok only for transit and stayed at Twin Palm for two nights...we had a pleasant and comfortable stay here. Rooms are far better than how they look in photos, extremely spacious...Staff is polite and ready to help. The location is lil far from the main road but they provided free tuk-tuk service till the nearest Metro Station. Manager is very friendly :-) for a comfortable and good value for money...Stay here

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NehaSaluja
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Twin Palm @39 serviced apartments was renamed into Palms @ Sukhumvit, located in Soi 39 off Sukhumvit (BTS Phra Kanong/Emporium Mall) and is close to Petchburi Road at the other end. The place has its own Tuk Tuk which I used quite often to get to the BTS and which was free.
Chosed the Palms for its location and great value, booked 4 nights Grand Suite via latestays.com for as less as 1500 Baht per night and am very pleased by the very lovely and friendly staff and the entire place with its amenities. All rooms are modern and stylish have a balcony, kitchenette, huge flat screen tv with lots of int' l channels, a dvd player, the free wifi was pleasantly fast, and the big safety deposit box for laptops etc. was a great access.
The rooms of course have a/c and I will miss the very comfortable beds with luxury linens and the lounge sofa go daybed. I loved the spacious bathroom with walk in rain shower and a spa tub with mood lighting... there was also a hair dryer and cosmetic mirror and all toiletries were complimentary. They have no restaurant but there is such a wide array of cuisines in walking distance for every budget and taste. I recommend this place to every one who likes a more quiet but convenient location, while traveling for business or leisure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ILoveKohChang
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Hotel is located at Shukumvit Soi 39, but most of Taxi do not know how to get there. Until someone has told us to tell Petchaburi, Sukhumvit Soi 39. or Regent Park 3(the hotel is next to Regent Park)

Hotel is great for its price, think it is studio type apartment., with kichen, microwave, frdige and BIG enough safe box. At first we booked for one night stay because cannot see any review of the hotel from tripadvisor. We bet and end up stay over for 3 nights !!

Hotel staff are friendly, everytime they see you would greet "Sawadeeka". They have free tuk tuk service from hotel to nearest BTS station but on second of our stay the driver were having day off, we have to wave for a taxi to get to BTS station, hotel is not near to main road(sukhumvit road), about 20 mins walking. We choose to take a tuk tuk or taxi everytime in and out and being charge 50 baht/way.

The attracting part of the room, it has a seperate shower area and a Jacuzzi bath tab, good soaking in the tab after long day of walking in shopping and sight seeing trip. Room are clean i think it is a new hotel.

No free breakfast but you may order with 210 baht/person deliver to your room. Free WIFI internet but the floor i am staying has very poor reception.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple