“really bad”
Review of Shock 39 Nightclub

Shock 39 Nightclub
Ranked #126 of 154 Nightlife in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: A new addtional to Bangkok's ever growing nightlife scene and is quickly proving to be the busiest club in the city! A great mix of locals a tourists, very relaxed safe atmosphere. A great night out for all!!! Open everyday without fail from 10pm until the very early hours! Hosting big parties such as Defected, Pukka Up along with some the best international guest dj's on the circuit. The drinks prices are very reasonable and the entrance fee is only 300thb inc 1 free drink, the entrance fee remains the same on special events!Why go anywhere else??
Reviewed February 10, 2014

First, we wanted to go to Route 66, but the tuktuk took us to Shock39, we didn't say anything to the driver because we thought that might have change recently (we were so naive at the beginning of our trip). So we paid the entrance and went inside. Crapy DJ, crapy place, crapy everything. We left after about 10 minute. Outside we met two french girls who were seeking for help because their tuktuk were aggressive. They also wanted to go to Route66 but their driver took them too to Shock 39, but they noticed the "mistake" from the beginning. They didn't want to pay the driver because they weren't at the place they asked to go. The driver got really aggressive, he took his key between his fingers and pointed it at us like a knife ! At this moment I went to get help from Thaî people, they were about 45 person watching the all "fight" from the beginning, I asked them if one of them could talk to the aggressive driver. They all looked at me and no one bated an eye.
In fact, they all have coalition between them and it's a plan for us to take people to the wrong place, so the driver gets a commission from the club were they bring us.
Be careful

7  Thank Anabelle S

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited with a female friend last Friday night having heard some good things about this club. When we arrived the welcome was friendly and bar staff keen to please. The club is well designed and sound system was at a tolerable volume. It was around 11pm and there were only about 50 people in the club. It looks like it has a capacity for about 400. My female friend was the only female there so whilst we danced to some reasonable music the audience of mainly Indian and Middle Eastern men simply ogled at us. We stayed for about an hour. I am in no hurry to return.

3  Thank MatronDarwin
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friends and I went Shock 39 on 27 Oct 2013 without knowing we were scammed. We boarded a taxi from our hostel and told the taxi driver that we want to go RCA and he agreed to bring us there. On our way there, he kept telling us that all clubs in Bangkok are closed because of their High Monk death. Right before reaching RCA, he made a U-turn and brought me to this club "SHOCK 39".

I was very furious and asked why didn't he bring me to RCA. He tried to convince me that this is the only club that is opened. I spoke to the security guards at SHOCK 39. And to my surprised, they told me that all clubs are closed too.

PS: All cab drivers are paid 100 baht for each guy they bring to Shock 39.

Before entering the club, I was using my phone. Then a security guard walked towards me and check out what phone model I am using. Next, he tried to GRAB my phone and asked if I am able to give it to him as present. We were terrified by his approach and quickly went into the club.

Entering the club, I was very disappointed because this club was like a SLUM with freelance village girls. Not many locals there of course. Music was too loud and the songs played by the DJ sucks big time.Waiter was very rude and not professional. The waiter kept forcing us to drink and demanded us to buy a new bottle. We stayed in SHOCK 39 for an hour and decided to try our luck by calling Route 66 (RCA) to check if they are opened for the night.

We were very happy when they told us, "Yes, We are open". It was a relieved and We decided to leave SHOCK 39 ASAP. Before leaving SHOCK 39, the waiter asked us to tip him in a demanding tone (OF COURSE WE DID NOT TIP HIM) and also told us that it is okay to bring our unfinished bottle out of the club. Just as we were leaving, the same security guard who wanted to grab my phone tried to stop us from leaving. He refused to let us leave unless we surrender our unfinished bottle. Fearing for our safety, we had no choice but to give it to him.

When we reached Route 66, it was the type of club that we were looking for. Good music, Good atmosphere filled with many foreigners and local young adults. we made a few friends there and told them what happened. They told us it is quite common for many immoral sinister taxi drivers to bring foreigners there by using all sorts of method.

Expats in Bangkok told me that SHOCK 39 is filled with Hookers and many of the expats wouldn't even think of going there.

PLEASE NEVER NEVER VISIT SHOCK 39. IT WILL BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

13  Thank Wen H
Reviewed August 25, 2013

- Lot of guys, no girls!
- they sell popcorn inside!!!! A lady walks around with a basket full of it for 100bht!
- Taxi drivers tend to recommend it as the club pays commission for them per person
- dress code, doesnt matter!
- lowest class ever!
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!!

9  Thank yasmeengh
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Shock 39 is right DOWN there with Climax on Sukhumvit's soi 11 when it comes to scraping the bottom of the barrel for music and clientele.

It's telling that earlier reviews gushing enthusiastically about the "music" were written by people who live in India. Sorry but when it comes to club music, a critique written by the Pope would carry more weight with a genuine clubber than one written by an Indian living and "clubbing" in India for cryin' out loud.

Lemme give to you straight - the music is AWFUL. Expect 5 year old hits played at full blast to people who - drunk or not - wouldn't care if they were hopping around to Anthrax or Boyzone. This is most definitely NOT a club for anyone with even a modicum of musical sophistication or sensitivity.

The clientele,as others have said, are a hotch-potch of inebriated Indians and Middle Easterners hunting in packs and the most boorish, aesthetically-challenged females that the lowest rungs on Thailand's socio-economic ladder has to offer. Almost every girl wears a tramp stamp on her shoulder, back or cheap silicone-enhanced bosom like it's a badge of honour.

Sorry but did I say this club is dreadful?

10  Thank Avon B