“DON'T EVER THINK OF GOING THERE!”
Review of Shock 39 Nightclub

Shock 39 Nightclub
Ranked #110 of 160 Nightlife in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: A new addtional to Bangkok's ever growing nightlife scene and is quickly proving to be the busiest club in the city! A great mix of locals a tourists, very relaxed safe atmosphere. A great night out for all!!! Open everyday without fail from 10pm until the very early hours! Hosting big parties such as Defected, Pukka Up along with some the best international guest dj's on the circuit. The drinks prices are very reasonable and the entrance fee is only 300thb inc 1 free drink, the entrance fee remains the same on special events!Why go anywhere else??
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friends and I went Shock 39 on 27 Oct 2013 without knowing we were scammed. We boarded a taxi from our hostel and told the taxi driver that we want to go RCA and he agreed to bring us there. On our way there, he kept telling us that all clubs in Bangkok are closed because of their High Monk death. Right before reaching RCA, he made a U-turn and brought me to this club "SHOCK 39".

I was very furious and asked why didn't he bring me to RCA. He tried to convince me that this is the only club that is opened. I spoke to the security guards at SHOCK 39. And to my surprised, they told me that all clubs are closed too.

PS: All cab drivers are paid 100 baht for each guy they bring to Shock 39.

Before entering the club, I was using my phone. Then a security guard walked towards me and check out what phone model I am using. Next, he tried to GRAB my phone and asked if I am able to give it to him as present. We were terrified by his approach and quickly went into the club.

Entering the club, I was very disappointed because this club was like a SLUM with freelance village girls. Not many locals there of course. Music was too loud and the songs played by the DJ sucks big time.Waiter was very rude and not professional. The waiter kept forcing us to drink and demanded us to buy a new bottle. We stayed in SHOCK 39 for an hour and decided to try our luck by calling Route 66 (RCA) to check if they are opened for the night.

We were very happy when they told us, "Yes, We are open". It was a relieved and We decided to leave SHOCK 39 ASAP. Before leaving SHOCK 39, the waiter asked us to tip him in a demanding tone (OF COURSE WE DID NOT TIP HIM) and also told us that it is okay to bring our unfinished bottle out of the club. Just as we were leaving, the same security guard who wanted to grab my phone tried to stop us from leaving. He refused to let us leave unless we surrender our unfinished bottle. Fearing for our safety, we had no choice but to give it to him.

When we reached Route 66, it was the type of club that we were looking for. Good music, Good atmosphere filled with many foreigners and local young adults. we made a few friends there and told them what happened. They told us it is quite common for many immoral sinister taxi drivers to bring foreigners there by using all sorts of method.

Expats in Bangkok told me that SHOCK 39 is filled with Hookers and many of the expats wouldn't even think of going there.

PLEASE NEVER NEVER VISIT SHOCK 39. IT WILL BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

13  Thank Wen H

Reviewed August 25, 2013

- Lot of guys, no girls!
- they sell popcorn inside!!!! A lady walks around with a basket full of it for 100bht!
- Taxi drivers tend to recommend it as the club pays commission for them per person
- dress code, doesnt matter!
- lowest class ever!
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!!

9  Thank yasmeengh
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Shock 39 is right DOWN there with Climax on Sukhumvit's soi 11 when it comes to scraping the bottom of the barrel for music and clientele.

It's telling that earlier reviews gushing enthusiastically about the "music" were written by people who live in India. Sorry but when it comes to club music, a critique written by the Pope would carry more weight with a genuine clubber than one written by an Indian living and "clubbing" in India for cryin' out loud.

Lemme give to you straight - the music is AWFUL. Expect 5 year old hits played at full blast to people who - drunk or not - wouldn't care if they were hopping around to Anthrax or Boyzone. This is most definitely NOT a club for anyone with even a modicum of musical sophistication or sensitivity.

The clientele,as others have said, are a hotch-potch of inebriated Indians and Middle Easterners hunting in packs and the most boorish, aesthetically-challenged females that the lowest rungs on Thailand's socio-economic ladder has to offer. Almost every girl wears a tramp stamp on her shoulder, back or cheap silicone-enhanced bosom like it's a badge of honour.

Sorry but did I say this club is dreadful?

10  Thank Avon B
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My second visit to Bangkok and had to come back to this place as the music, drinks and crowd make for a perfect nightout.

2  Thank deepakraina7