“Great Value and Location.”
Review of Baan Silom Soi 3

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #102 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great Value and Location.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. I visit Bangkok several times a year and this hotel is always the first place I look for available rooms.

I believe it is family owned and operated. It is in the 2.5 star category in my opinion. Clean, basic, safe. No pool, no restaurant. If you need a breakfast buffet or pool, you will want to stay someplace else.

Although I am a frequent customer of this property, I wouldn't normally write a review. I feel it is a waste of time when everyone writes the same thing, or when one person writes about an anomaly. I feel most information already here on TripAdvisor gives you a good idea what this property is all about.

However, I am taking the time to write this because I too was staying at this property November 4th-10th, 2013 when they experienced a power loss, and subsequent water pump failure. However, my impression is vastly different from reviewer "splinter49"

The property lost power in the evening. I would estimate the time to be between 17:00 and 18:00. It was raining hard; i'm not sure if this was a weather related event. I was in my room at the time. Other businesses in the area also lost power. My room quickly became too hot without the AC working. So, I decided to step out earlier than originally planned for the evening. I left my room probably within 30 minutes of the power outage. When I arrived downstairs the ownership of the hotel were very apologetic for the outage (something that was out of their control). They were on the phone to someone, city, private company, i'm not sure, trying to get information about the situation, and assistance with restoring power.

I sat outside on the patio area for about 30 minutes before I left for the evening. But,while I was still there a service truck pulled up and they began working to restore the power. When I returned to my room that night, around midnight there was power. Since I wasn't at the hotel when power was restored, I can't say for sure how long the outage lasted. However, at the most it was about 7 hours, 17:00-24:00. I was impressed at how quickly, within one hour, that work began to restore power. If I called my power company during a storm here in the USA about my power being out, I'd be lucky to get my phone call answered within one hour.

I am not sure how the hotel staff could be expected to notify a "booking agent" of guests checking in that night when they had no power to operate their computer and look up reservations checking in that evening. Also, this happened at close of business, I am not sure a booking agent would have been available.

The water pump problem the next day is believed to be associated with the loss of power the day before. Again, the staff was apologetic and prompted. The pump was repaired and water restored within a few hours.

"splinter49" should ask his/herself what brought them back to Baan Silom Soi 3 four or fives previously? I consider that return business a recommendation.

This hotel is small business operation. I was impressed at how they responded to two things outside their control. I was impressed at how quickly things were returned to normal.

If this property fits your requirements, please consider it. Be comfortable in knowing if something out of the ordinary happens while you are there, they will respond quickly. And take splinter49's repeat business as a recommendation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank BDavis206
KnOt1sT, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Silom Soi 3, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you so much Davis to clarify this for us. If you ever come to Bangkok again please come over to say Hi to us = )

Once again, Thank you so much for your review!

ST

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
sg
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The location is unbeatable: step out the front door and there is Chong Nonsi Skytrain station. The friendly chap at the front desk actually remembered that I had stayed there previously about a year prior to this stay and upgraded my room. The room was very spacious with modern decor. There is also a roof top pool but I didn't use it this time round. Will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeremyay
Nong Khai, Thailand
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I did feel let down this time due to no power in the hotel when I arrived and they knew the day before, but did not inform either me or the booking agent.
Also there was no water because the pumps did not work.
I have stayed at this hotel 405 times before, but will not return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank splinter49
Phoenix
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The BaanSilom Soi 3 was clean and a great price in a great location. The staff were genuinely friendly and spent quite an amount of time one morning helping us plan our day. Some of the staff speak English well, others not as well. All were more than gracious and helpful. The room was clean and actually rather spacious. The location is near the Sky Train and all that is the Silom area; but not noisy at all. It is a relatively small hotel. It has a very nice Thai flair to it which I enjoyed very much. I thought it was fantastic for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel on 15/09/13-19/09/13. The location was great near 2 nite market n night life. I did a lot of shopping during my trip 2 BKK on this month. The staff were very friendly n good. 1 bad thing was the rain every evening it rain.

• Stayed September 2013
London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Big room, really well located and good value for money. Room had a big safe and a fridge. No breakfast but a nmarket 25meters awy and you can sit outside and eat. Stayed two nights but no hot water for a shower. Asked twice but not sorted. Would stay again if they had hot water !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhilJLondon
Paris, France
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great ocation, clean rooms, very nice hotel. Really not expensive and very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller business or leisure.
Many TV channels, and very comfortable beds.
The rooms are nicely decorated and make you feel comfiortable.
Will be back for sure!