Baan Silom Soi 3
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$252
All reviewsnorthern thailandtv channelsnight marketfood streetpatpong marketcentral hotelsmall hotelstayed nightsminute walkrooms are spaciousearly checklocation is excellentreception areaper dayvisit bangkokthe main roadbts
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Great place close to all the action in Silom. Rooms are spacious, clean and provide all the essentials at a really affordable price.
Staff were friendly and were kind enough to assist me with some clothing that was left behind.
I have also stayed in more expensive hostels that do not offer the same value for money. Highly recommend Baan Silom Soi 3!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Luke M
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Trotting along the globe, you will occasionally run into the ugly side of a culture. Things will undoubtably go wrong and trips hardly ever go exactly as planned. That's just part of travelling. What makes it all worth while are those rare moments that offer an true insight into a culture, the moments that demonstrate the generosity and decency of people abroad. Those are the moments you take with you to cherish as memories, to overshadow the difficult times one must endure to travel. My wife and I had such a moment at Baan Silom Soi 3.

We had been travelling in Thailand for 5 weeks, and at both ends of the trip we stayed at Baan Silom Soi 3. The day before we left, we were robbed in a crowded fruit market. Someone slit my wife's bag and made off with her wallet without us realizing anything had happened. The thief didn't get much cash, but we had no way to withdraw more money because my ATM card was in the wallet. We still had credit cards, but we couldn't pay for a taxi to the airport the next day with credit cards.

The people at Baan Silom Soi 3 were so helpful. Not only did they finish our laundry services without charging us, but they offered to personally drive us to the airport in the morning. So, in the morning we hopped in a truck with this kind Thai family and drove over an hour to the airport. It turned out that a nice-looking woman named Veena runs the hotel with her nephew, who works the front desk with a perfect American accent. Veena's brother and sister-in-law were in town from Northern Thailand, and, together with Veena, all 5 of us drove to the airport together. They all spoke English well, and we spoke about family, travelling, and food.

Before we reached the airport, we exchanged email addresses and promised to keep in touch. They also forced us to take the equivalent of 20 USD so that we could eat something in the airport. In the last hour of our trip, we accomplished something that we hadn't in Ko Phi Phi, Koh Samui, and all the other tourists spots. In that last hour, we really got to know these people, and their generosity touched us. My wife and I were married two weeks after getting back from Thailand, and we sent wedding pictures in a card to Veena and her family to thank them.

Besides for being run by amazing, generous people, this hotel was by far the best value for any hotel that we found on our trip, and we stayed in several in Bangkok. It is very clean, and it offers fast, reliable WiFi in all the rooms. I can't say enough about this hotel, and I'm truly thankful that we stayed there. I would most definitely recommend it to any traveler going to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ambroso
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Good location, i like those hawkers and foods stalls neighborhood, i am enjoy shopping the beside hawkers streets, i saw a lots local peoples shop there, not just tourism. We can get a honest price there not worry to be cheap there. Very convenience and nice place. Beside the is near the BTS train, you also easy can get taxi in front of Baan Silom soi 3. Great free high speed wi-fi serivce.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I often visit Bangkok and everytime I stay at Baan Silom Soi 3. I have tried many hotels in bangkok, but this one is the perfect hotel for me:) Friendly and helpfull staff, perfect location and the rooms are nice and clean. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for great value for money:)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Good location off Silom Rd, big room, lower floors quiet, upper floor somewhat noisy ever with windows shut (both were to the back). Free hi-speed internet. Western-style breakfast can be eaten in another hotel in the same street for 250 baht p.p.

The little safe wasn't working well (kept forgetting numbers) and should be screwed against the wall.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple