After arriving in Bangkok at 1am and giving the taxi the directions and map I had printed from there website and the driver confirming that he knew where it was, I stupidly took a little nap on the way there and when the driver said we were there and it was just down the alley we paid got out and proceeded to walk around in circles near Kahosan Rd where he had dropped us off looking at the map, but not finding our way. It is a 5-10 min walk from there, but you have to cross the main double road by the Burger King exit, not something we could figure out by 3am so we hired another taxi who tried the same trick, but we refused to get out and I dug out the hotel reservation so the driver could phone them which eventually got us there.
The rooms were very clean, the water hot, beds comfortable, and the room fridge and AC cold, which is all I ask of budget hotels. Other people could be heard moving around a bit going to rooms and in the courtyard so if you are an extremely light sleeper bring earplugs. Free breakfast was eggs, sausage?, bread and fruit, and coffee/tea/juice, and also one free computer/internet station we used in the courtyard. Easily in walking distance to Grand Palace, markets, reclining Buddha, Kahosan rd, etc. If you want to explore the rest of the city take a boat down the river to the last stop and hop on the skytrain and with the conection to the metro it can take you anywhere.
When taking a taxi back to the airport we arranged one from the front desk, but would be much cheaper to head out to the main street and flag one down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the old neighborhood area with historical building and shop houses stand lively along one of the first road in Thailand. Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms and Cafe is a one stop heritage destination and is perfect for tourists searching for a nostalgic experience in old Bangkok. Standing right at the center, it is just a few steps away from many major historical attractions – 10 minutes walk to the Grand Palace and Wad Pho, 15 minutes walk to Khao San road and 10 minutes walk to flower market.Feung Nakorn Balcony itself boasts a mix of Thai and western designs, a 4 story building, which has been converted from a local elementary school but retains many of its classic structure and design. Here you’ll find the main reception area, a cozy open-air restaurant, and a peaceful landscaped outdoor garden. There are 4 suites, 30 standard rooms and even 4 shared dorm rooms to accommodate backpackers. The rooms are decorated with an eclectic mix of Thai styles for a different experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms And Cafe
- Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe Hotel Bangkok