“Happy every time!”

Nickermann's Tailors
Ranked #12 of 475 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: All Nickermanns garments are hand tailored with attention to details. Established in 1987 and having 24 years experience in the business.Having a suit custome made to your personal specifications requires a meticulous hand crafted process. Tailoring for both men and women,as we believe a good tailor who is cutting to sizes can make clothes of any size, shape and styleEach garment is expertly tailored,hand cut, sewn and finished by our skilled craftsmen. Your measurements are rechecked each time we recieve your order to allow for varience in weight and your unique cutters pattern is updated accordingly.Each garment is individually cut - an art we still value -.After completion all garmnents are checked by our master tailors to maintain quality.All Nickermanns suits have the following features-Finest hand-sewn sleeves and collars-finest canvas interfacing provides a natural feel and easy flowing fit.-hand picked and matched lining and buttons-hand made button holes
Melbourne, Australia
“Happy every time!”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Over the last few years I have had both business and casual shirts made to order at Nickermann's on several occasions. The ladies are wonderful, always willing to please and happy to make suggestions. I am very fussy and it takes me ages to make my selections but they are always patient and make sure everything is perfect on the finished garment.
I have tried other tailors in Bangkok that have been cheaper but I have never been as happy with the finished product as I have been with Nickermann's, so it is worth spending a little extra!
Most tailors in Bangkok specialise in men's suits and shirts but if you are looking for one that can also do great ladies clothes I recommend Nickermann's.
Keep up the good work ladies! See you again soon.

Visited February 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 352 helpful votes
“buckle under pressure”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I can see that I'm in the minority who are giving a bad review, but I've got nothing to gain or lose by telling the truth.

I went to this tailor's shop upon a recommendation of a trusted friend. She assured me that they can make three shirts in three days without issues. She and I had totally different experiences. As an observer waiting at the shop, I saw two customers highly dissatisfied. One, a man, was getting a suit done, and he stated several times to the tailors that his suit was uncomfortable to which they vehemently kept saying that it was just right. Another, a woman, was getting a jacket tailored, and she kept saying that the fabric around her shoulders was too tight; they said that there was no other way that a jacket could be redone without ruining the outfit. That should have been my warning to walk out; however, I wanted to follow my friend's advice and try their services.

I ordered three silk blouses to be tailored in 3.5 days, which was more than what my friend said was the minimum for them to craft three shirts. After some alterations, we agreed on designs. On fitting day, I asked for one of the shirts to be lined and another's sleeves to be shortened. When I arrived to pick them up on the last day, the shirt was not lined, and the sleeved no shortened. They then said that they would mail the shirts in a week. They didn't even bother to mail them until three weeks after the fact. When I emailed them about this, they said "we weren't aware that you were on some time constraint." They defended themselves by saying that I gave them the wrong address, and they couldn't mail it because of that, which is complete nonsense since I handvwrote the address for them, an address I've had for a long time. After receiving the shirts, one was lined as I asked, but the other still had sleeves that were too long.

Alright, here is my little commentary: for a $78/shirt deal, I expect superb service. The fact that two other customers before me were dissatisfied tells me that there are people out there unhappy with this service who do not voice their opinions because they are so disgusted with such poor customer service. Normally, a business that says they will mail an item in a week, mail it in a week, not three weeks and then rudely retort that the customer is under some time constraint. Secondly, a professional tailor can alter a garment no matter what, and they could not do that for the previous two customers not me. They did offer for me to mail them back and get a refund, but honestly, having had simple orders so flawed, I do not trust to receive a refund from them. They couldn't even honor a timely delivery and acceptable alterations.

This was a total waste of money, and I'm baffled at the prices for the poor services. I even had better services in Africa, where people do not get formally instructed on sewing but can make and alter a garment without arguing with the customer that there's not way to do it.

Visited November 2010
13 Thank alicevarren
knowledgebangkok, Owner at Nickermann's Tailors, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about our shop.
As we already mentioned we were not aware that we faced a deadline for the parcel to reach on time so we did take it a bit easy and appologise for that. But sincerely we did have problem with the address as the EMS here told us that it should be rechecked before we send it so that it does not return as not send. Which further delayed the mailing. As you know I did email to you regarding this too
As regards other clients not happy in the shop I am not aware of anyother client who at the end of my tailoring and adjsutment went unhappy with the product as taloring does invlolve fittings and changes, which we do after a client fits and after these changes are made then a client checks the end product and still after that if he or she does needs more changes we do them
As mentioned earlier, if you are still not happy with the blouses we will return you the total cost, as regards your not trusting us to do this, You must realise after 23 years in the business It will not be likley that we will risk it for 78 dollars. If we have been anywhere mistaken please do forgive us.
best regards
Dee
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful service from Dee - can't wait to order more!”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

For those that are looking for a quality tailor, look no further! Nickermann's is the place you've been looking for - both for men and ladies. My fiance and I recently had the pleasure of traveling to Thailand for the first time, and one of the items on our itinerary was getting tailor made business attire. After some research we decided to check out Nickermann's located inside the The Landmark Hotel.

When we arrived without an appointment at 5:45 PM (Wednesday) we were graciously greeted by Dee. She offered us beverages and handed us each look-books to browse and then patiently showed us the various fabrics we had to choose from. Once our final selections had been made, our measurements were taken and a fitting was scheduled for Friday afternoon. Final garments were picked up on Saturday afternoon. Dee and her crew are all friendly, professional and extremely skilled at what they do.

With all this said, it is important to keep in mind that even in Thailand you pay for what you get. It's tempting to be lured into shops that offer 2 suits, 2 shirts and 2 ties for 100 euros; but, this is not quality fabric or craftsmanship. At Nickermann's my fiance purchased 2 suits & 2 shirts, I purchased a skirt suit and a pair of slacks. The total for our purchase was $1,100. Pricey? Maybe, but not when you're walking out with clothing that fits perfectly (actually makes you look like you've slimmed down at least 5-10 lbs - and well, who doesn't want that?!) and is made of high quality fabric that you personally chose.

My biggest regret is not having had an opportunity to have fashion clothing made. Unfortunately, our time in Bangkok was limited (5 days) and I quite simply was prepared. LADIES - start clipping pics from magazines and bring them to Dee. AND if you're recently engaged they do Bridal Gowns, starting at $200!!! I am seriously considering going back to Bangkok just for this - if THAT isn't testimony enough to how great Nickermann's is, than I don't know what is!

Visited January 2011
1 Thank Karynaf
Taiping, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The icing on the cake" is the owner..Dee”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I went to Bangkok last Dec with a dear friend of mine. Prior to the trip I had made all the arrangements to fly with Air Asia, and had to do so much of alterations to the booking as my friend insisted that she wanted us to stay nearby Nickermann's. I was wondering why is it so special to go there as, after all you have good tailors back home. When I stepped into the boutique, and greeted by Dee the owner, I realised the reason. The owner Dee was just as exquisite as her goods . She makes everyone special...that's the real attraction and the quality and workmanship is amazing...I was waiting for my friend...and people flocked in with the same sentence..."I have been here before and liked your work...came to get more..." Keep up your good work...

Visited December 2010
1 Thank LathaKrish
Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very friendly and very good quality”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I visited their shop in the basement of the landmark hotel in December 2009. It's a bit tricky to find, just go down to the basement or ask the service staff at the hotel entrance! I got a business suit and a shirt. The shirt was 1000 Baht, the price of the suit I don't remember any more. They tailor European style if you want. A friend of mine got a suit in India and didn't realize that they gave him an Indian style suit. Looks nice, but kind of gaudy if he wears it over here in Germany.
The first day I selected the fabrics and had the first fitting session. The next day I came back and had second try-on and then started travelling around Thailand. I think they had the clothes done the next day, but I asked them to store it for me so I didn't have to carry it around when I was travelling. When I came back everything was ready and fitted perfectly. This may be partly due to the fact that I am kind of slight built as the Thai men are. However, my girlfriend got a business suit as well and hers fitted also very well, although she is a bit more robust than Thai women. The owner and her staff are really nice and very obliging.

After I returned home I wore the suit as well as shirt quite often. I liked it so much that I ordered another four shirts last fall. They kept my measures on record, so I only had to select the fabrics online and they tailored and sent it.
Overall I am very happy with my clothes from them. I didn't try any other tailor, but they are doing good work there.

Visited December 2010