“AWESOME!!!!”

Ranked #28 of 1,189 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
St. George, Utah
“AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This hostel was the best hostel I have ever been to in my life!! Very clean and friendly staff and also very safe!!! Great location near the sky train an amazing place to stay and kick back after a long day touring the city.
I would recommend this hostel to anyone who plans to visit the Bangkok area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank 90725

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Great location, a few steps away from National Stadium BTS station and walking distance to MBK and Siam Paragon. 7-Eleven was within the same block, another mini-mart a few shops to the side of the hostel. They have coin laundry machines, 30 baht for washing, 40 for dryer. The locker is large enough to fit in a backpack inside.
When I booked here, they have not yet announced any promo. When I showed up, I only had to pay 50% of my booked rates because they included me under their new promo!
I took the BTS route back to the airport and it took 20mins to get to Phaya Thai Station and 25 mins to the airport using the airport link, total cost was 35 baht only (20 from National Stadium to Phaya Thai, 15 from Phaya Thai to airport).

1 Thank wyvern888
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The hostel is very new and so very clean, aircon is very efficient, showers are wonderful with free soap and shampoo. Lots of swiping of key card to get through doors so it feels very safe. Free lockers if you have a padlock. Free and good internet but you have to stand up.

The staff are very friendly and nice but almost every time I asked them for help they gave me wrong information.

2 Thank annacustard
Gent Belgium
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This hotel is located just outside BTS train stop National Stadium. You can reach easily the whole city from there.
The staff is very friendly and you can ask them anything.
The hotel is very clean and they have rooms for all types.
If you don't want to go out, you can always stay inside to watch TV , DVD's in the theater room , read a book or drink something on their terrace.
Outside it's a bit noisy , but that's the city, right? The rooms are very well isolated , so you can sleep very well.
I think the hotel is a just a little too pricy.( 2200 Thb per night) Especially for a double room. You have your own bathroom, but there are places in the city that are cheaper with same value. It's a pity that the breakfast is not included. This would give more value to the price range.

Overall this hotel (hostel) is very nice, clean, quite and very well located!

Belgium guest

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grietemie
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2010

AMAZING! we stayed at the lub d on arrival in thailand! after travelling through new zealand and america we had heard horror stories about bangkok and the dirt that surronded the city. We had a struggle to find the hostel as it was late and we had nislayed the map. once we finally got here we were informed that we had been mixed up and come to the wrong branch of lubd, this was not a problem for them though, it was late and they upgraded us to a twin room for the confusion which probably our fault for not confirming and then we stayed in the dorms for the rest of our stay. the hostel is in an excellent location away from the more dirty areas of the city and also right next to the rail system that opperates over the city. the rooms are a good standard and the linen is changed everyday. there is air con throughout the building and there is also a good tv room with giant bean bags and a selection of dvds to hire as well as tv channels. the staff are extreamly helpful and friendly, i asked which way a place was and the lady informed me that it was better to visit it in the evening (Jim Thompsans house) and gave us several areas to go and explore, ways to get there and the prices to expect so as to not get ripped off! T!his place is not a hotel by anymeans but is the ultimate hostel and would come here with my boyfriend for a trip to bangkok. the twin room we stayed in had an ipod docker, alarm clock and i think they also have rooms, the delux which have tvs in! well worth the money and a great stay! thank you lub d!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ei8hty_Ei8ht
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I used to stay in Silom Lub D, but was informed that there is a new one in the center of the town.
Never expect it is so NEAR to National Stadium BTS station, which is a big plus for me. As like the standard in Silom, the rooms are clean, staff are helpful and friendly!
This sure will be my first choice if I visit Bangkok again.

1 Thank SoonLye
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 3, 2010

When I passed by this hostel, I saw that green wall with lovely character "Lub.d". When I walked in, I heard "I'm yours" of Jason Mraz. When I moved from Kao Shan road to here, it's like coming to heaven. When I gave some suggestion about going green, the staff immediately gave me responses. The hostel has good interior design from the the stick labe on food, on bed, on bathroom to the pictures on wall, from the space in the room to the public area. They are very clean. The bathroom is alway dry and shower is strong and hot enough. Free wifi and public computor are offered!So convinent there! I would like to go back!

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo