“perfect place to stay on a budget trip”
Review of Lub d Bangkok Siam

Lub d Bangkok Siam
Ranked #26 of 1,213 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Celerina, Schweiz
“perfect place to stay on a budget trip”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

i found that place through a friend and she convinced me to stay in a dormitory. normally i m not that much used to stay in dormitories but i was very much happy to experience this place. very clean, very stylish, rooms are more than enough. functional accomodation while travelling on a budget, therefore we had more money to spend in BKK nightlife :)
location is as well great , located next to national stadium BTS and a short walk from siam square...

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms w/o or with bathroom are very nice and offer enough space
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have to say my first impression of this hostel wasn't that good but that was only due to the lackluster helpfulness of the staff when I arrived. I know it was low season but the person I dealt with didn't seem interested. They weren't too helpful on recommending sights to see & just pointed me to their travel desk. Turns out the travel desk is a separate company to the hostel & is very expensive. You're better of getting info from other travelers. Apart from this, the rest of the hostel is great! It's very modern, has great facilities & gives out free popcorn. It's a great location & once you get off at national stadium station it's on the left next door to the ibis hotel. it's a social hostel & the staff are the only thing letting it down. The breakfat is great & cheap & MBK shopping mall is above it at the station!

• Stayed July 2013
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square. However, we are very sad to hear that you didn't receive a nice and warm welcome from our staff. We are terribly sorry. We want to make our guests feel comfortable, welcomed and happy at Lub d. Kindly accept our sincere apologies. We will speak to our staff and make sure that they understand how important it is to make guests feel welcomed. Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review. Your comment is very important to us. Wish you a very happy journey!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is very easy to get to if you have just flown into Bangkok - very easy access, a huge bonus when jet lagged. Also due to the close proximity of the sky train it is very easy to get to the Water bus / Markets /Victory Monument

Room was clinically cold ( a delight! ) & clean, with a nice bed. Showers clean & tidy.

Only issue, for me, as a solo traveller was the dearth of people - Nobody ever seemed to be about. If you are in a group then that is fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Zapscan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a late review, I stayed here last 2011 (sorry Lub D!)

Better late than never! I just can't let it pass not to contribute to all the positive reviews for this hostel, coz it was really pleasant staying at this hostel for all my overnight stays in Bangkok.
During that time we are staying at Sangkhlaburi for some project, and when I needed to go to Bangkok for my dental appointments which is located in Siam, I always stay here (maybe like 3 times!) and every time I stay here, I always feel safe and comfortable.

It is just right below the BTS National Stadium, opposite MBK Mall, few minutes walk to Paragon and more other shopping bargain malls! My dental clinic is just 5mins walk from here also and more other dental clinics. It is very convenient, if you don't mind staying at a more crowded area. But i guarantee you that when you get inside the the patio of this hostel, you'd never feel that you are at a hostel in crowded place.

The hostel has a trendy design and an option to have single/double room if you don't want to share a room with other travelers. I stayed one time in a 4-dorm room and it was pleasant as well, cheaper option but you still get the same quality of comfort and service at solo rooms. Bedlinen and towels are very clean and the pillows are amazingly soft and smells really disinfected! There's housekeeping everyday and even there are lockers provided in each room, you still feel safe and with your belonging's safety too coz of your own keycard. Shared bathroom is amazing as well, there's a lot of shower cubicles, separate from toilet cubicles and the vanity counter has "free" toiletries from other travelers who left it for others to use, very environmental idea! Most of all, it's soooo clean ;)

Best of all, the staff are all nice and accommodating that I always recommend this to my friends who goes to Bangkok to do their shopping getaways!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank shylla s
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I traveled with 3 of my girlfriends and we filled up a female dorm. We felt extremely at ease throughout our stay with our clean room, comfortable beds, fast internet connection and hygienic toilets.

The price for this hostel is justified considering the fact that it has the qualities of other more expensive hotels. The location is also perfect for us as it is tucked snugly beside Bangkok's shopping district. It only took us 5 minutes to walk to MBK for some of our meals and a 20 minute walk to Platinum Mall via the Siam skywalk. Located literally a stone throw away from the National Stadium BTS, it only costed us 70 baht to travel from the airport by train. Also, exploring Bangkok was so much easier and safer (for us girls) with the skytrain.

The Bangkok Art and Culture Centre is only about 5 minutes away. Hanging out in its cafes and complimentary Art galleries are great ways to rewind from the fast paced city. Across the hostel and along National Stadium you will find a stretch of street stalls selling a variety of snacks/meals at very affordable prices.

The staff are extremely helpful and have very good English so communication was never a problem. Even the cleaning staff jumped in to help me when I was struggling to use the washing machines.

This hostel is perfect if you are looking for a safe, clean and friendly environment with an exceptional location.

Room Tip: Even if you travel alone, you will never feel lonely with all their friendly staff and multifaceted...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ruichen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at lub'd on five separate occasions, in the double private rooms. It is a little pricey, by Thailand standards, but well worth it. The rooms are air conditioned, and the beds are the most comfortable I've found in Asia - like big white marshmallows. The sheets are super clean and feel brand new. The shower pressure is glorious. The staff can be hit and miss - some love to help and some will be more interested in chatting to one another. But the rooms are really great. Everything feels clean and fresh. The location is also perfect - right near Siam Square and the Skytrain.

I have stayed here while recovering from a nasty bout of food poisoning (from a Mexican restaurant in Siam paragon) and it was the most comfortable place I could have hoped for.

Room Tip: There isn't any need to splash out for a private room that includes an ensuite - the shared bath...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ljh2356
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here back in January and can't recommend this place enough. The hostel is great with all the things you would expect such as secure lockers, nice bathrooms an outside area and free wifi. The location is brilliant, right next to all the shopping malls you could ever want, and food markets and halls too, as well as brilliant access for the BTS skytrain. The Jim Thompson house is right around the corner too! However the best bit was the staff, these guys were so friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you, especially as I needed to go to the local hospital they were very caring and not only took me in the taxi but helped with the language translations once there too. I couldn't be more grateful and recommend this hostel enough. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: I stayed in ground floor and upstairs rooms and both were quiet and close to bathrooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo