“One night was enough”
Review of Green House BKK

Green House BKK
Ranked #61 of 741 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was in luck that they gave 50% discount that day.
Price was 225 bath, normal price 450 bath is way too much for this room!
Room: small, dirty, noisy, no fresh air,...

A girl I ve met in the lobby told me she already slept in 2 rooms with bedbugs, that night she would change hostels

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I asked for the menu, they handed it to me without turning towards me, looking at me. Where is the famous thai kindness?? My room stincked like an underground tunnel, or a dump. If they have a problem with their English, they get angry on you. ://

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank kantaloop
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I know, I should not have gone to the area if I did not want noise, but I did not expected so much noise. It was very hard to sleep.
First I was given a room with no windows and very bad smell... humidity. I asked for another one and room was changed.
Bath were an adventure since the water would be there, like a swiming pool, I tink they have bad pipes.
Personel were really avarage, will not comlaint.
Bar opens a bit late if you by their own excursions and have to have breakfast at 6:00 you have to go to the neighboor.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flazedan
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights whist in Bangkok.

We got a private room, which was very basic. A small square room with two beds and and window! But the room did have ac.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, so we were able to sleep well here.

The location of the hotel is excellent, if you want to be close to the Koh San road. As the hotel is located just behind the main road.

I wasn't kept awake by noise at night, like some of the other reviewers have said but maybe that was luck on our part!

The WIFI wasn't good in the rooms, even though they have routers on every floor! But it worked well in the restaurant downstairs.

The restaurant was ok, serving Thai and Western food. They also offer a 10% discount on all food and drink if you are staying at the hotel which was a nice touch.

Overall, this is a good place to stay. It's clean and basic and in a great location. Most other hotels in the area are either expensive or really nasty!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adamb1984
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We didn't read great reviews about this place but at 6am in Bangkok you want to dump your stuff and sleep. We got the cheapest room which was four white walls and two beds, which is a little depressing but as I said you get what you pay for. Shared shower was clean, pretty good wifi connection, no noise disturbances and it a great location.

Main shocking point was the bugs we had in our beds which were small to medium sized bugs that were black and in our beds, when you squashed them they left blood red marks. We aren't sure if we were bitten by them or not.

I would either slash out and pay a little more or don't stay near Koh San road.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Confusedbackpacker
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a great location snd also offers travel agency services which are great. Tom from the agency helped us arrange accommodation in our next destination. He also gave us great tips which saved us some money!!! We really recommend green house.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Was really disappointed by how insanely loud the music is, especially when I realized it came from its own restaurant! I mean, who needs music blaring in a restaurant until the wee hours?!
I barely slept due to noise (even with earplugs), even though I paid for a nice AC room, and it was actually quite comfortable and clean. Service was ok, nothing special. Would not stay here again.
Super close to Kao San and the nearby Starbucks is nice.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay overlooking the restaurant