Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Priceline
View deal
Free cancellation until 11/06/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews khao san road rooms are clean night life stayed here for nights grand palace hostel khaosan backpackers dorm
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed 1 night here before moving to the beaches of south Thailand. My friend had lived here 2 months while traveling in Asia 5 years ago and gave us this tip -and i can see why. The rooms itself were really simple and nothing special. Actually you could get better quality with same money BUT the atmosphere here was really nice, friendly, relaxed. I loved the bar/cafe downstairs and came here for drinks even on our way back even though then we stayed in other place close by. Green House is close to Khaosan Road but still not too noisy by night. I warmly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerHKI
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Greenhouse after staying in another nearby hotel that was fully booked for the rest of the nights. The experience was very bad, the whole place smells like mold, the bathroom is terrible, the beds are uncomfortable and noisy and we couldn't sleep because there was a fight going on at the hotel.
There's wifi but works only sometimes and not in the upper levels of the hotel. After one night there we found a better hotel for the same price in the exact same street. Use only as a last choice.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Sancre
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here twice. The first time I had a double room which was bearable for a night. I stayed here because my preferred option couldn't get me in for my entire stay, so I stayed the final night here. The room was very small & it was impossible to prevent water from the bathroom getting all over the bedroom floor. Hard to sleep. The most recent time the room was only a single (that was all they had even though I booked & paid for a double - $18.50 - and no refund for the difference). Reception is pretty disorganised & they were pretty disrectful to a few different people. Was just an overnight stay passing through Bangkok this time. The room was a long way up a lot of steep stairs & poked into a dingy corner (no window). The tiny stupid design bathroom also was impossible to stop water flooding the room. Definitely the smallest grungiest stuffiest room I've ever experienced (and that is saying something). If you have trouble with stairs or have heavy luggage - pick somewhere else. If you suffer any form of claustrophobia - pick somewhere else. If you can't swim - pick somewhere else. If you have an early flight & need some sleep - pick somewhere else. The walls are thin so you will be woken often with slamming doors & constant stream of people after their nights out partying in Khao San Rd. The location is fantastic & the cafe downstairs is not too bad. For the same price (or even cheaper), there are many other MUCH better & far more comfortable options along Soi Rambuttri. This place is a shocker! I won't be staying again - no matter what.

Room tip: If you have heavy baggage or trouble with stairs or in any way claustrophobic or need a good night sleep, go somewhere else on Soi Rambuttri!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Glen H
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had just arrived from Chiang Mai so my friend and I weren't feeling too good. The only room that was available was on the fifth floor so we asked for some help with our bags. Got ignored! The fan didn't work so I went down to ask for a refund, they wouldn't give me my money back even though we'd only been there a few mins then the receptionist got all sarcastic saying 'actually you've been here for 16minutes'. They were very unhelpful and said we couldn't move rooms for a few hours. The second room wasn't much better. Wifi didn't work. Only stayed the one night, moved down the road to a different guesthouse which was much much better.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Lily_2012_29
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We thought we'd try this hotel for a change- we usually stay at New Siam II. We had a deluxe double room, but there was nothing deluxe about it. It was clean, but dingy and smelled musty and moldy. Luckily there was no noise from the restaurant downstairs. The staff were fine, the location is very convenient but there are way better places to stay for the same price or cheaper. We were relieved to only be there for one night. No atmosphere or decoration at all. It's really not worth it.

Date of stay: December 2012