Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Priceline
$29
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
$22
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews khao san road rooms are clean night life stayed here for nights grand palace hostel khaosan backpackers dorm
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here twice. The first time I had a double room which was bearable for a night. I stayed here because my preferred option couldn't get me in for my entire stay, so I stayed the final night here. The room was very small & it was impossible to prevent water from the bathroom getting all over the bedroom floor. Hard to sleep. The most recent time the room was only a single (that was all they had even though I booked & paid for a double - $18.50 - and no refund for the difference). Reception is pretty disorganised & they were pretty disrectful to a few different people. Was just an overnight stay passing through Bangkok this time. The room was a long way up a lot of steep stairs & poked into a dingy corner (no window). The tiny stupid design bathroom also was impossible to stop water flooding the room. Definitely the smallest grungiest stuffiest room I've ever experienced (and that is saying something). If you have trouble with stairs or have heavy luggage - pick somewhere else. If you suffer any form of claustrophobia - pick somewhere else. If you can't swim - pick somewhere else. If you have an early flight & need some sleep - pick somewhere else. The walls are thin so you will be woken often with slamming doors & constant stream of people after their nights out partying in Khao San Rd. The location is fantastic & the cafe downstairs is not too bad. For the same price (or even cheaper), there are many other MUCH better & far more comfortable options along Soi Rambuttri. This place is a shocker! I won't be staying again - no matter what.

Room tip: If you have heavy baggage or trouble with stairs or in any way claustrophobic or need a good night sleep, go somewhere else on Soi Rambuttri!
Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank Glen H
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had just arrived from Chiang Mai so my friend and I weren't feeling too good. The only room that was available was on the fifth floor so we asked for some help with our bags. Got ignored! The fan didn't work so I went down to ask for a refund, they wouldn't give me my money back even though we'd only been there a few mins then the receptionist got all sarcastic saying 'actually you've been here for 16minutes'. They were very unhelpful and said we couldn't move rooms for a few hours. The second room wasn't much better. Wifi didn't work. Only stayed the one night, moved down the road to a different guesthouse which was much much better.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank Lily_2012_29
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We thought we'd try this hotel for a change- we usually stay at New Siam II. We had a deluxe double room, but there was nothing deluxe about it. It was clean, but dingy and smelled musty and moldy. Luckily there was no noise from the restaurant downstairs. The staff were fine, the location is very convenient but there are way better places to stay for the same price or cheaper. We were relieved to only be there for one night. No atmosphere or decoration at all. It's really not worth it.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Bargain basement prices are rewarded with below basement service in this shack. The restaurant/bar at ground level looks inviting but as soon as you head upstairs it fast goes downhill. Don't expect air con that works, hot water or a door that closes properly!

When we stayed here, we complained about the lack of hot water and asked to move rooms. We were told there were no more available rooms. When we enquired about a discount, the lady told us they don't do discounts and if you don't like it you can sling your hook as they'll sell the room to someone else! We decided to have a look at other nearby guesthouses but when we said we were leaving later in the evening, they refused to refund the cost of the room.

There are plenty of places in Khao San at this kind of low price and I'd suggest that most are significantly better than this place. Don't bother with it!

Room tip: Try and get there early before rooms go - some of the rooms they have don't have even the most basic of amenities. We booked our room and still ended up with no hot water!
Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank Chris O
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a Twin Deluxe room. It wasn't bad - clean, very comfortable bed, it was renovated, I think. AC - we couldn't set it up for a certain temperature, so it was always cold with AC on. No view out of the window and no cupboard - so there was no place to put our things. Wi-fi was in the room but it was possible to use it only in the morning - in the evenings there were too many people logging in. In comparison to our friends who chose a room lower standard room (but also with AC) we had luxury.. The other room (almost twice cheaper) was horrible, with terrible smell of mould and fustiness, terrible old bed, dirty old bathroom with leaking tap and toilet - worst room I've ever seen. It's better to pay more and stay in a renovated room (as far as I remember we payed around 700 bht for the twin double). There is also a restaurant downstairs. The food is delicious but expensive. And the location is good if you want to get to know the night life of Khao San Road.

Date of stay: October 2012