“Quaint little restaurant with local and European food”
Review of Cafe Ice des Arts

Cafe Ice des Arts
Ranked #605 of 11,485 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and attentive service. The staff looked after us very well, and were keen to play with the children.
The food selection is just right, and we tried a mixture of local Thai and European, all of which was well cooked and we'll presented.
The atmosphere is quirky and pleasant, with unusual objects displayed around the place.
If you are near central this is worth a visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had lunch at the Chatuchak location last year, and I just had to come back. I took my family here for dinner one evening during our recent vacation. It was a little hard to find (but most things are hard for me to find in Bangkok...), but well worth it. I looooove the food here, especially their pad thai and mango sticky rice. Yes, the prices are very expensive for Bangkok (but not for US, ~$100 USD for five people to have dinner and Singhas), but I think it's worth it. Even my sister and her boyfriend, who live in Thailand and know some fabulous street food stalls, admitted it was excellent food. The atmosphere is also nice, as the cafe is open to the air (there are fans if the breeze isn't coming through) and set back from the traffic on the main road. If you'd like to treat yourself to a nice dinner out (especially before/after a visit to the Lebua state tower, which is very nearby), Cafe Ice is worth the stop.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This eclectic little cafe should be one of my favourite spots in Bangkok but I just can't find a way of justifying the prices charged. With the exception of a well priced lunch menu of Thai staple dishes (circa 140 baht) everything else on the main food and drinks menus is woefully overpriced for Thailand - indeed for anywhere in the world! Lamb chops are nearing 1000 baht, which is five star hotel prices in a shabby chic side street cafe. The owner needs to lower the prices and up the number of customers. Aping five star hotel prices in the hope of luring sophisticated travellers from the Shangri La or The Oriental nearby seems an odd business model and probably explains why customers are often scarce in the evenings. The food is good, but just not worth what's being asked.... And don't get me started on the price of the wine! Time for a reality check.....

1  Thank CWH
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just got back from dinner here.We tried the dishes others have raved about and found them distinctly average and underwhelming - and VERY overpriced for what they were .At 8.30 in the evening we were the only people there - which I think says a lot !
At the same time a couple of days ago Harmonique just up the road was packed - save your money and go here.

1  Thank denleigh
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ate at Cafe Ice des Arts with a group of four. The meal cost about 100 USD including a round of beers - expensive for Thailand but reasonable for what we got. I ordered the soft shell crab curry and thought it was pretty good. The best meal ordered at my table was the sea bass with green rice.

If you're interested in atmosphere, this place is worth checking out. The restaurant is filled with art and has a "terrace" situated in a narrow alley between skyscrapers. Acoustic covers of American pop songs played throughout our entire meal. I assume this added to the artsy vibe, but I can't quite figure out how.