“Lower priced version of the W hotel but centrally located”

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11
Ranked #165 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is my second overall stay at this property. Think of Aloft as the mass market version of W hotels where the room is miniaturized a bit, some of the design outrageous-ness of W hotels dulled (i.e: bathroom that offers an actual door), the room price sharply cut but the still retains the same young and hip vibe as its pricier sister hotel. This Aloft in Sukhumvit Soi 11 perfectly blends into its environment where it sits within walking distance of the famed Soi Nana and Soi Cowboy nightclub areas in central Bangkok. It is approximately 300 meters away from the nearest BTS station (Nana) and offers a bustling night club of its own (Levels). Staff was superb, recognized Starwood elite member ship at check in and promptly upgraded me into higher room floor. The check out desk staff actually saved my day when he reminded me if I have cleaned out my safe deposit box (which I haven't!). Hotel also offers a free tuktuk (open air shuttle) to nearby BTS stations or shopping centers, which are plentiful in this part of Bangkok. Free wireless in room Internet is fast too. Only minor problem which prevents me from rating this hotel a 5 star was the relatively punchless shower pressure. Other than that, this is probably one of the best value proposition in accomodations for the young and the young at heart in central Bangkok. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
AloftBangkok, Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear RoniWDenpasar_Bali,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. It has always been our honour to know that we are remarked as one of the best value accommodation in Bangkok.

You will be glad to know that we have addressed those issues with the respective departments and that there will be improvements in the areas you had mentioned.
The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times.

We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again as our regular guests.

Until we see you again, Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling for weeks in asia now and only book Starwood hotels because i work online and all of their hotels have great connection. Except this one!! Great irony considering they sell themselves as the hotel for the next generation and for young people who want to stay connected!! Lol not true, the upload speed is max 0.5mb in the room, which is not enough for a skype call, let alone work. And the tech generation knows this.
When i complained i was connected to a better speed of 1.5mb, which is up and down all the time, when i complained again i was told that is the fastest in thailand. That is BS and completely ridiculous, even in Bali where internet is notoriously bad, the westin has 20mb. I cannot believe, and will check, that this is true.

Apart from that, the bathrooms look moldy and old, when i asked the cleaning lady to please see where the sewage smell was coming from she said she would check, but it only got worse...

Definitely not what i expected from a starwood hotel and especially compared to others similar. I already have 6 nights paid, but im going elsewhere for the remainder of my trip. Would not recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mflaque

Dear mflaque,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us, we take any guest feedback very serious and we are terribly sorry to see that your stay was not a pleasant one.

We apologize for our internet connection during your stay, after the investigated with respective department, there was a problem with our Internet provider that effected our internet and it is beyond our control. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay.

We do hope that you decide to come back and stay with us in the future.
Until then,
Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just finishing up a three night stay here. Excellent Starwood Preferred Guest status recognition on arrival; GM Justin Malcolm came out to welcome me. His last assignment was GM at LM Chiang Rai, a lovely, resort property.

I believe that the personal GM welcome was due to my Platinum 100 Ambassador status in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. He introduced himself, asked if there was anything he could do for me, and asked me to contact him directly if he could assist in any way during my stay. Very nice, both warm and professional. Good status recognition by the Front Desk agent, too. Thanked me for my Starwood loyalty and offered a choice of amenity. I’ll take the points, thanks. I’ve had breakfast here and was unimpressed. There was a fair amount of variety, but the quality and taste didn’t make it for me.

All staff encounters were positive experiences; staff smiled whenever interacting with me. If I looked over at the Front Desk clerks when I was walking by on my way in or out of the hotel, they proactively caught my eye, smiled and greeted me with “Sawasdee Ka/Khrap.” When I asked the person at the small café for a plate to take up to my room, it was provided with a smile.

I was in 2903. Two weeks ago I was in 2809. 2809 is on the side of the building facing the adjacent condo/apartment building. As some have observed, there is no question that the building next door blocks any real view. You can see a little out the sides if you crane your neck while looking out the window. However, it’s not nearly as bad as in Manhattan, where the buildings are so close that you can nearly reach out and touch the adjacent one. 2903 is on the other side of the building, and has a great view looking away from Sukhumvit Road. I like being higher up, too.

The rooms were identical, and they are the formulaic Aloft rooms: small, but perfectly acceptable. They have a modern, clean look. Furnishings have sort of an Ikea feel. The room was spotless everywhere. Nice LG flat screen television, fairly large screen; I’m not sure whether it was HD or not. There are snacks left in the room in a small, plastic rack by the TV. One bag of mixed fruit chips, a small container of Pringles and a small bag of Cashews. There are charges for these snacks, of course. “Honor bar” refrigerator had one Twix bar, one KitKat bar, one can of Coke, one can of Sprite, two cans of Singha, two cans of Heineken, one can of Red Bull, two bottles of water and one bottle of orange juice. THB 95 for Coke, 140 for beer (regardless of brand).

There were two regular sized bottles of water on the vanity next to the sink which were free (and so labeled) and replaced every day by housekeeping. The shower (which is large enough for two) is equipped with dispensers mounted on the wall containing Bliss brand shampoo/conditioner and body wash. For those who, like me, prefer bar soap, a bar of soap is also provided, left in the soap dish by the vanity sink.

There is a multi connector panel on the wall by the phone on the long desk/credenza, with two power outlets in addition to RCA jacks for video in and audio L and R, S-Video, USB, HSMI, standard 25 pin connector for computer-TV connections and another audio jack. Computer connection is by wire or wireless. Speedtest yields 3.99 down and .59 up using wireless.

In the lobby is a small café type facility at which you can buy drinks and some light food, bagels, sandwiches, pizza, etc. I rather like the lox, cream cheese and bagel available in the morning. They have an espresso/cappuccino machine there, too.

There is a club in the hotel called Levels, with a desk at the outdoor elevator and appropriately beautiful young people waiting in line for admission, and staff with similar appearance manning the desk/elevator, which is outside the front hotel entrance. Being a hotel guest doesn’t get you in, -- the club apparently just rents the space from the hotel. BedSupper Club across the street has been closed for quite some time, now; though the building remains unoccupied.

Aloft has a tuktuk available to drive guests up the street to Sukhumvit Road, where the stairway to the Skytrain is a few (<5) yards from the corner where you will be dropped off. The MRT (subway) is one Skytrain stop away at Asok (MRT Sukhumvit station). Actually, I prefer to walk the distance between the hotel and Sukhumvit Road. While some people don’t like it, I love experiencing the colorful street life, smells of all the food stands, etc. I’d probably feel differently during rainy season.

Bottom line? This is a fine hotel. No, it’s not a St. Regis. Not trying to be, either. While it probably wouldn’t meet my needs for an extended stay, if you’re looking for a lower priced Starwood option in Bangkok, you won’t be disappointed here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the adjacent condo/apartment building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DrHFH

Dear DrHFH,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees, ambiance and overall services. It is very nice to hear back from our loyal SPG guests; thank you again for choosing us and sharing an enjoying staying with us.

We appreciate your comments on breakfast and will surely bring into our attention to our team.

We certainly look forward to your return in the near future.

Until that time, Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

the neighborhood is very vibrant with lots of restaurants and cute outdoors drinking spots. the hotel itself is very cool in his modern design and a swimming pool with great view. i enjoyed very much to stay here! while i was there actually this swimming pool wasn't available for some reason and they arranged for us guests to join another swimming pool in the near Westin hotel and a tuc tuc to take us there all for us! i just love it!
there is only one bad comment....the breakfast. quality of the food i choose wasn't really good. no taste. Cappuccino could have been better and i found great one in other places around bangkok. also I expect better english for some managers in the kitchen. view from there is great by the way and ill go back once in bagkok for sure. i like it very much

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear lyskem,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, facilities, ambiance and overall services. We are pleased that you enjoyed a total Aloft experience.

We appreciate your comments on breakfast and drink will surely bring into our attention to our team.

We certainly look forward to your return in the near future.
Until that time, Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week and loved every minute. The room was really clean, comfy, everything worked perfectly, the tv was good, room service was great. The view was awesome as we were fairly high up.
We had a room with the cool phone key they give you which controls everything, you can change the lighting in each room, the colour, you can order room service at a click of a button plus it opens your door etc.
The pillows were amazing just to add!

Super great value, lovely pool which you can chill in a nest and eat food or have a drink in. Staff out the front are very helpful, always make sure you can get a taxi plus they have their own tuk tuk which dropped us off nearby places for free.

There is a cool cafe in the hotel, bar, restaurant and a club. Can't hear any noise in the bedrooms at all, but perfect if you want to go out for drinks. Great location too!
Staff were always really helpful, cannot wait to go back!!!

Oh and they also have cool chill out areas with various video games etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 0Moon

Thank you so much for your positive comments on your recent Aloft Bangkok – Sukhumvit 11 experience. We are pleased that everything was to your liking and that our staff was able to ensure that you were comfortable and taken care of.

The room you mentioned is our popular TOUCH ROOM and the mobile device which powered by Fingi, to control all room amenities and provides a direct connection to all of our guest services, acts as a phone with local number plus free wireless hotspot giving you complete internet connectivity anywhere, anytime at the hotel and throughout Bangkok!

Aloft Bangkok – Sukhumvit 11 is centrally located in the heart of the vibrant city of Bangkok. With great proximity to public transport options and free Tuk Tuk services, shopping, restaurants, nightlife are all just steps away.

it is always a pleasure to hear great feedback on the hotel and our talen; but great to hear that you enjoyed a total Aloft experience.
We look forward to your return to the lively Bangkok.

Until then, Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a two short stays at the hotel during my trip to koh Samui , hotel is very close to most of the places however still a bit away from the tourist attractions , we wanted to stay closer to silom and sukh uncut areas due to nightlife , highly recommended for budget travelers !

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Parryparrie
Aloft_BKK, Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Prashantdoha,

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the Aloft Bangkok for its good value of money.

Our hotel is located in the heart of city surrouded by local bars and restaurant in Sukhumvit 11, the popular nightlife street. Moreover, it is very close to a sky train station, a subway and easily to grab a cab. Aloft is another interesting choice for young generation travelers who are looking for a stay with style and affordable price.

I look much forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Live Life Aloft.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for a night earlier this month and had a great time. It is excellent value and has a lot to offer. They gave us a room on the 29th floor with an awesome view. There is free wifi, and the beds are very comfortable. I did not like how the shower was super misty, as I had just got my hair done, and I was trying to take a shower without getting my hair wet.

The coffee in the room is quite good, and there is complimentary bottles of water. There are even lots of power outlets around which is Important.

The pool is fantastic, and has a great view and beverage service. We went to the gym and it was also very modern and clean. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jenny L,

It is very satisfying to read your review. Thank you for recommending the Aloft Bangkok for great value, free wifi, comfortable bed, good coffee, fantastic pool and modern gym.

Meanwhile I have noted your comments about the shower.Thank you for bringing this up. We have already take it up with our Engineering and Housekeeping. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I would be happy to welcome you back again should your travel itinerary bring you back to Thailand.

Live Life Aloft.