“Great location - affordable SPG quality” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11
Ranked #168 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great location - affordable SPG quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay in that hotel for work:
- greatly located in the heart of the vibrant central area.
-- many restaurant and bars in soi 11
- great breakfast
- nice room and confortable bed

I will now always stay there when i go to bangkok for work purpose

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Stoufensen,

Thanks for your time to write this positive review. Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 is situated in the heart of central areas for business and entertainment as you mentioned. It is easy to travel around the city with this great location. We hope you enjoyed our hotel facilities a lot apart from "great breakfast, nice room and comfortable bed". :)

It is always pleasant to hear from our valued guests that they will come back to stay with us. We will do our best to maintain this amazing product and service qualities to deliver our guest’s satisfaction. We, of course, look forward to having you back here also. Stay well and take care.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

This used to be my favourite hotel in Bangkok - maybe even the world. I loved the trendy rooms and hip atmosphere. However having just visited it around 18 months after if first opened, it is really starting to show its age. The room I was given had scratch marks in the walls, stains on the carpet, and marks all over the hand basin. The towels looked as if they were from a local YMCA and only half the elevators were working. This is still a cool hotel, but with the increase in prices since I first visited, and the less-than-convenient location, this hotel is no longer one I will recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nickcom
Dear Nickcom,

We would like to express our appreciation for your constructive feedback. This information is exceptionally valuable since it was from our Aloft Bangkok loyal guest. Also, we would like to deeply apologize for all issues you encountered during your last stay. We are much upset to hear that we could not deliver the same amazing experiences to you. Normally, we have regular schedule for hotel maintenance as you experienced the elevator maintenance during that time. Our management team is aware of all points, and we have actively looked for the best solution to preserve the best condition of the hotel. We even locate a quite large amount of the budget for this area. Please be assured that we do not ignore your useful feedback, and we take it serious to solve this issue.

We hope you could grant us another chance to welcome you back here again. Take care.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in December, everything was perfect, right from the minute we stepped out of the taxi.
The receptionist was very efficient, and helpful, taking time to show trainees what she was doing.
The concierge organised a trip for us, for the following day, he was very good, giving us information and advice.he even organised breakfast boxes as, we would miss breakfast.( The hotel has a 24 hour coffee shop, so a voucher for a coffee n croissont would of been a betteridea)
Our room was lovely clean and spacious.
The hotel had a lovely looking pool( we never gotchance to use it)
The nightclub was very good too, with a good mix of all people and music.
The hotel was very modern, and I was very impressed.
The choice at breakfast was brilliant.

Room Tip: If you can go for the fungi rooms, we didnt but, the idea looked fab. Everything done by a mobile th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear welshbirdshols,

Thanks for such a positive review to us! Thank you very much.

We trust you had the very pleasant stay with us from your comment. We will pass your valueable feedback to our Concierge and Front Desk team to liven up their good spirit. Try our Splash pool next time. Don't miss it out. We believe you will have another great and relaxing moment while you stay at our sizzling Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11. :)

We look forward to welcoming you here again! Take care.

Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

From check in through baggage, pool and management really bad, unfriendly and unprofessional service.
Not handicapped friendly.No recognition of SPG members.
Lots of smiles that mean nothing.
Because they are busy they really do not care and management support the bad attitude.
Never again.
Anywhere else but I am certainly less likely to use an SPG hotel , if this is how they train staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Celticjo58
Justin M, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Celticjo58

Thank you for providing a review of your experience at Aloft Bangkok, I'm very shocked to read your comments and would like to offer my immediate apology. It was also nice briefly speaking with you to learn you've extended your stay, and I look forward meeting you tomorrow morning as arranged.

I can assure you we do not support inappropriate attitudes and hence I truly do look forward to speaking with you direct to understand how I can address your comments directly.

Thank you once again, in advance, for taking the time to meet with me.

Very best

Justin
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

After having stayed over 5 times at this hotel in the past few months, I thought it was about time I share my thoughts on this unpretentious, yet contemporary and pleasant property.

For about about a hundred dollars, you get exactly what you had paid for, and a little extra! The hotel location is ideal for younger travelers to Bangkok (or at least the young-spirited ones), as some of the city's most vibrant bars and clubs are just a stone's throw away from the hotel entrance. Needless to say how convenient it is to just take the elevator up to your room after a long night out in Levels, which I warmly recommend to everyone staying in this hotel.

The Front Desk staff was friendly and has greeted me every single time I would pass by the reception, and the team is led by a great Front Office Manager, Mr Narongsak who truly cares about his guests' experience.The Bell staff was able to remember my usual taxi route and arrange a taxi, without me even having to repeat the destination, and the Housekeeeping ladies I encountered were extremely courteous and humble. The only thing I had a dislike for was the In Room Dining, particularly the food presentation. Everything I ordered appeared to arrive in some colorful, rather unappealing Tupperware-style boxes, and the taste was not much better either, as each of the dishes I ordered always had a spice or two (and by 'spice' i do not mean a chilli pepper) that would spoil the dish.

The pool is small, no doubt, but it serves its purpose on a hot Bangkok day. Gym was also modest, but functional. I appreciated the little snack corner on the ground floor, it was super convenient grabbing their fresh cut fruid salad on my way to the office.

Overall, the concept of simple, modern, yet affordable hip hotel seems to be working out well for Starwood. I certainly did enjoy my stay and would return, as it truly is good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JayJayAroundTheWorld
Dear JayJayAroundTheWorld,

Thank you very much for your precious time to write this positive review. We are very delighted to hear that you kept coming back to stay with us. :)

Aloft Hotels is all about the location. The hotel is situated in the middle of entertainment and business area, so it's easy access to other places in Bangkok with the BTS sky train and MRT subway. We will share your compliments to the Front Office and Refresh team (housekeeping team) for their good job to our a-list guests. For the in-room dining menu, it's our standard to serve food in the colorful bento. It's one of our local experiences to use bento as the food container. However, we would like to apologize your food experience. We are investigating this issue now. Please be ensured that we will do our best to improve our service and product quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again for your 'over 6 times'. Take care! :)

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our five point review:

1. Very close to the Nana BTS stop, which is very convenient to get around Bangkok

2. Great concierge service (thanks Art!) who helped us book restaurants, massages, and Muay Thai shows. Complementary tuk tuk service within a close proximity was clutch!

3. Level 10 Pool was nice and relaxing although small (Great Thai Iced Tea!)

4. WXYZ Bar offers an all-you-can drink on Fridays and Saturdays from 9-12 for 499 Baht - what a steal! Levels club is one of the "hottest" in Bangkok and was a good time

5. A few too many seedy characters around the area. To put it bluntly, many older men with younger, very dressed up women, walking around all hours of the day and night. More than a few awkward elevator encounters with some forced small conversation when the best conversation would have been none.

Dear Andrew W,

Thanks for your time to write this review. We will definitely pass your comment to Art, our Concierge team, for his amazing work as well as our talent for 'Great Thai Iced Tea' at Splash pool bar. We are always happy to hear that our guests had a great time with us. :)

Looking forward to having you back here again sooner or later. Take care.

Taiwan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been to Bangkok over 20 times, it’s my first time stay in this hotel and I feel so disappointed. My friends were travel with me for New Year Eve - we booked 3 rooms and stay here for 4 nights. We do have the same feel that this hotel cannot be compared with other SPG hotels.

1. The rooms were clean but you can’t feel friendly or comfortable atmosphere here. The front desk staff doesn't care about any customer; they don't have any smile on the face.
2. The breakfast just OK. There are not too much choice in the morning, the food renew and table clean really slowly.
3. I have stay in the Room 1507 at 1st night. The air condition was horrible - twice power failure at 5 or 6 in the morning. Otherwise, there’s no coffee machine at this room - my friends' room do have. You can see the opposite room from your room, the distance between buildings is too close. You can also hear someone yell on passage at 7 am. Can't sleep very well at first night.
4. Our room has been changed to Room 2101 after complaining to manager in the morning. The water flow everywhere when taking shower at night - the drainage of this bathroom is not good. Yes, the work man helps fix and clean the bathtub, but the result seems not really good. We can’t turn on the shower to maximum. The bathtub drain really needs repairing.
5. Room key can’t access to our room and elevator 3 times, which means I have to go to another floor with other customer and go down by myself. Once could be OK, but 3 days 3 times were unacceptable for anyone.
6. We spend over 3000 baht++ per night, can’t get the value of money. Customer can find other hotels and get better service MORE THAN Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11.
7. The main road is bit noisy; you can get drink on the street easily. Good place for Party Animal to stay. If you would have a relax holiday, choice another place.

I don’t know what’s happening of this hotel. You know, people come here for holiday not complain everything - especially I have brought 5 of my best friends to Bangkok and stay here for FOUR NIGHTS. This is their first time to Bangkok and this hotel provides this kind of service to us. I’m so embarrassed, and feel so sorry to choice this hotel for my mates. Feel so disappointed this time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank netkuo
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Netkuo,

Firstly, thank you for your time to write this constructive review to us, and we would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointment occurring during your stay at our property. We are extremely sad to hear that our talent could not deliver the high standard of our service although we have regularly trained them in the weekly basis.

We already passed your comment regarding to the breakfast variety to our Executive Chef, and our top management will review it with him. We are very surprised to hear this comment because normally we received the positive feedback about our breakfast. During your stay, the entire street experienced a power outage in the early morning and the hotel ran on generator power as a result in certain areas related to guest's safety including elevators and corridors. The Metropolitan Electricity Authority was asked to solve this problem as soon as they could.

To provide our guest's convenience, our Front Desk talent assigned the rooms on the same floor for your group. Your friends were upgraded to the better room category (the room where had the coffee machine) in order to be on the same floor with others while you were assigned to the original room as the booking was made. Actually, we do provide the rooms with the stunning view facing to Bangkok city, but it will be another room category as well.

We always have an ongoing thorough maintenance schedule in place and are in the process of addressing a number of areas including the drainage issue in the hotel and we constantly update & review this with our teams. Please accept our apology once again.

We honestly admit that we encountered an internally technical problems relating to the key card. We are deeply investigating the root cause to find the best solution for our guests. Kindly be assured that we do not ignore any of your feedback. We take it serious to improve our product and service quality. We hope you grant another chance for us to welcome you back here again.