“Live Life Aloft”

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11
Ranked #160 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I love this hotel because of:
* Great party area
* Amazing breakfast. I love the cheese cake Oreo.
* Reasonable food and beverage prices.
* Check out the free flow cocktails at THB490 from 9am to 12 midnight.
* Chic room
* You get free access to the club opposite.

Thank you Patty for making my stay so awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello DennisK72,

Thank you for writing this review! We always love to hear that our valued guest said 'love this hotel'. :)

Our sizzling Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 is located in a vibrant area, and we also have many happenings in the hotel including the free flow cocktails starting from 9 pm till midnight with the value of THB 499 net. We would recommend you to check out all promotions in your next visit. We believe that there are many fun events to come. :)

We will pass your comment to our Culinary Team to keep their good work on breakfast and other meals as well as Patty! We look forward to welcoming you back again! Take care!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Highlight of my trip was to be in a great location. Across the street you have a night club, restaurants everywhere, fun part of the city. Great place to stay specially in a place like Bangkok where taxi's don't take you everywhere. Room was awesome, flat screen tv, cable, internet, iron board, hairdryer, king size bed, everything you need, very clean and organized.
The first hotel that I stayed in Bangkok was nice but far away and I just couldn't get a taxi back to it at night after going out for dinner so that's why I repeat, location is everything in Bangkok.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeciaFerreira
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hello KeciaFerreira,

Thanks for writing this positive review. We love to hear that you 'love it'! :)

We do agree that the location in Bangkok is important. Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 is surrounded by many good and hip restaurants, bars and clubs. It's very convenient for our guests to pop in and out to many cool places along the street. Also, you can come back to your nice and comfy room in just few minutes walk.

We look forward to having you here at our sizzling hotel soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My stay at the Aloft was a fantastic experience.

I was fortunate that a wise friend of mine booked this hotel for us on our group trip to Bangkok. I had never been to Bangkok before, though I have stayed at Alofts in the US before and always loved their product and functionality.

This hotel became my little den of sanity (and rocking air conditioning) in the city. In fact because of the hotel's killer location on Soi 11, it actually seemed hard to get motivated to go anywhere besides down the street for entertainment and dining if you will. Soi 11 really wowed me with the eclectic collection of restaurants (including a typical amount of western fare), the nightlife, and the people watching is all there. Even though the hotel is super comfortable, the mission is to explore Bangkok and to that end, the BTS is at the "bottom" of Soi 11 which is usually about a 5 minute brisk walk, is a huge benefit. Even so, when the weather in inclement or if you are totting luggage back to the BTS, the hotel has a complimentary tuc-tuc service for guest (i just tipped the guy well). THe service has it merits because I happened to leave the hotel for BKK airport when a downpour erupted. I didn't want to take a taxi back to the airport, so the concierge suggested I take the tuc tuc to BTS and everything worked out like a charm with minimal disruption from the rain.

For those that have stayed at Alofts before, this hotel is exactly as you would expect. The decor, the music, the overall ambience is recreated exactly. A primary difference from the stateside hotels I've stayed in (JAX & CHS) is the scale of this hotel. I was on the 24th floor and trust me it was silent up there. The room was a vault. This will be good to keep in mind because on friday night I came in around 11pm and lobby was booming with the club music coming from the xyz bar right above the lobby. Sure, it's a bit overwhelming, but this is a party hotel and it's a party district. When you dive in and select this locale, well, this is what one gets. The room noise though is protected because as I recall the first 10 floors of the hotel are restaurants, bar, club, and then a parking garage. Point being at all hours my room was silent.

The ALoft hotel is taking the W concept and making it more approachable and less pretentious and hence cheaper. I find their product, attitude, and service refreshing. This hotel didn't disappoint at all. THe front desk was unfailingly polite and the concierges were always helpful dispensing the most valuable info of all; guidance on cab fares.

My room was my perfect little den of sanctity of peace and quiet. What a refreshing experience to be in a hotel where the complimentary wifi had great signal strength and always remained connected to my Ipad both in the lobby and in the room as well. There are a few Macs in the lobby if a desktop or printing is needed. As a traveler that is away from the States quite a bit, I absolutely loved the pillow top mattress and duvet I could get fully immersed in. Sorry, but american hotels really do the pillow top in a way that sets the standard for luxurious enveloping sleep. I felt like I was back stateside and I loved every passed out minute of it.

The room has usual Bliss products in the shower and bathroom. Bliss rocks. Just that simple. Refreshing and certainly neutral enough to play well with both genders. The safe was simple to operate and required no explanation. There is ample space in the mini-bar fridge to stash a few things of your own too.

High marks for 24 hr workouts in the gym (yes I really miss the 24hr concept from the US as well). I only used the high-tech treadmill. THe most advanced I've seen. There are some fixed machines and a collection of dumb bells too. The pool is intimate in size, but the area looked like a fun place to relax when the temps really start soaring. THough to be fair, the pool deck looks more like Miami and Vegas in their promo stuff. The pool isn't that big, but then again Bangkok isn't Vegas either, there's a lot more than pool life in this town.

What else? Well, I just loved this hotel. The perfect alignment of excellent location on Soi 11 and near the big draws like Cowboy Soi, Heathland spa, and numerous eateries will make one feel like the action is all around because it is. When it's time to move further afield, I much preferred transporting via BTS/MRT and the Pharya River Express boats than I preferred haggling with metered cabs. When its time to take it easy or just have a slow day in the hotel, then you'll be glad you have the well thought out creature comforts that come with the Aloft. Even hanging out in the lobby to people watch and work online is far more interesting with the provided eclectic furniture to lounge or sprawl out on.

I'll be coming back to this hotel again and again. Some may have the budgets for expansive waterfront digs, think Peninsula or the Mandarin Oriental. I don't and even if I did, I was content seeing the waterfront by boat. When it comes to having a really cool base camp in town, the Aloft just nailed it perfectly for me.

Room Tip: I don't think paying for an Urban view is necessary. You can see plenty of the urban views just...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RegionalRoadie

Hello RegionalRoadie,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for such a great review! :)

From your long postive comment, we trust you had the great stay with us. We are very delighted to hear that our valued guest love the hotel facilities as well as our talent especially Front Office Team and Concierge Team treated you very well during your stay.

Aloft Hotels is the lifestyle hotel that offers everything you need in the affordable price. Our passion points are music, fashion and design as you can see these elements throughout the hotel. We have tried to convey the fresh and fun angle to our guests whereas they can have the very relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

We really look forward to welcoming our a-list guest like you in the near future! Take care! :)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at Aloft Bangkok. As befits the Aloft/W Hotels reputation, the hotel was very hip and trendy in its design, both in the rooms and the facilities. I didn't have much demands of the staff, but when I did speak to them they were very friendly and helpful. The free Internet was available both through ethernet and wi-fi, which was useful. Food/dining was very good, as I sampled both the restaurant (Crave) and room service. The only drawback to the facility was that it was rather far down (north) the soi from Sukhumvit and the BTS Skytrain station -- about a 5-10 minute walk, which can be easy or harsh, depending on the weather. Overall a good property, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello HNLsuit,

Thank you for your positive comment! We are much appreciated in your review. We trust you had the amazing stay with us. We just launched the new menu at Crave Wine Bar & Restaurant in the last weekend. We would recommend you to try these new dishes in your next stay since so far we have received the very positive feedback. You will like Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 more and more. :)

We do provide the Tuk Tuk shuttle service from the hotel to BTS Nana or Asoke station. Our service will make your stay more convenient. Just let our Concierge team know.

We look forward to welcoming you here again! Take care!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great little hotel in fun part of town. Soi 11 is full of bars and clubs. The onsite club Levels was actually really cool place. They have an in-house tuk tuk that will take you to the sky train since it is a 15 minute walk.

The design is typical Aloft. I consider it "W hotel Jr" look, cool and trendy. Concierges was very helpful in securing everything we need during the stay. I will definitely return here the next time I am in Bangkok.

FYI all SPG members, this hotel does not honor Gold and Platinum perks. The hotel chooses not to "participate", whatever that means.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We should have known, since this hotel is in the middle of a club/party area, what it would be like.

I was with my girlfriend, and we wanted to dabble in the clubs in the area, but we also want to be able to retreat to a haven (hotel).

The minute we walked into the Aloft, I knew it was a mistake for us to stay there. (especially after staying at the Westin a few blocks down, for the same price!!) There is a pool table and somewhat club/euro/ glorified hostel vibe in the lobby.

The front desk person had an attitude, so I went with my instinct and immediately upon checkin shortened our stay from 9 nights to 2.

My instincts proved to be correct.

For the same price, the front desk people at the Westin wear suits and ties, Aloft is the opposite.

The Aloft has a musky smell in the rooms like people smoke when they are not supposed to.
the room seemed smaller than the other Starwood standard rooms.

The condoms are in a special little case, front and center, letting you know what this hotel is really for.

Thats cool, but like i said, we were looking for a place where we can retreat from the madness, and after being used to the Starwood standard, this was a big let down.

Like i said, we should have known, given the location of the hotel, but i wanted to let people know who may, in a rare case, be in a similar situation as us.

If your there to party , then you should probably ignore my review.
If you want upscale atmosphere, look elsewhere.

On the upside,
the gym was alright and there are computers to use in the lobby for free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WilliamElliot
AloftBangkok, General Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear WilliamElliot

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Aloft Bangkok. I’m disappointed to read it was not suited to your needs, and apologise for the experience on arrival of which I’ll personally follow up on. I’ll also immediately address your comments about the room smell, as this should not be the case so I thank you for letting me know. We also carry ozone machines in the hotel of which are available on request as a reference to any future needs you may have.

You’re correct in saying the Aloft Bangkok is in one of the most dynamic areas of Bangkok, an area that has become extremely popular in recent years and includes some of the most diverse and popular restaurants and bars, and again I’m sorry this was not suited to your requirements during your visit here.

Wishing you all the best.

Justin,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the moment you arrive you know that you are going to have a great time at this hotel and the surrounding area. This baby W has so much of the Parent brand going on with a huge slice of it's own personality. The rooms though a little small are very well designed with large flat screen tv, a big comfy bed, different lighting settings the all important ipod dock. The integrated shower area and toliet are all neatly laid out.
The bar and restaurant area is a combined interior / exterior layout and if it"s not too humid the outside aea is really pleasant. LIve music is also on in the bar area.
The club and music bar gets absolutely jam packed, too busy really but a great atmosphere.
There's a snack bar / coffee bar that sells food and drinks 24 hours.
The small pool is located on the roof with the gym next door. All good but only a few sunbeds.
The staff were first class and always smiling (as you'd expect in Thailand)
With all that Soi 11 offers on your doorstep this is a great base for Bangkok whilst being a great hotel to spend time in.

Room Tip: For more space upgrade to the next level up.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftBangkok, Marketing Communications Manager at Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Hello Eurobeni,

Thank you for such an amazing review for us! We are very happy to hear that you liked our hotel facilities and service, especially when you mentioned about our friendly talent. Aloft Hotels is the lifestyle hotel where we provide all necessary things that our guests need in the affordable price.

We look forward to welcoing you again soon!