“Good hotel in Soi 11”

Ranked #164 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Good hotel in Soi 11”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at Aloft sukhumvit soi 11 for one night. The hotel had undergone a substantial decorative effort and had free wi-fi and apple desktops to use. The bar seemed quite nice as well and a DJ was pumping out iconic eighties tracks when I visited. The pool and gym were bright and well equipped as well as the games room and 'chill out' area located at the rear of the ground floor behind reception.

The room was equally stylish with bright colours. I purchased an urban suite as opposed to the Chic Suite, if you can work out the difference from the website between the two then good for you, because I can't tell the difference. I just know the urban is more expensive. I liked the IPod docking station and all the little details that were provided. The prices for the minbar seemed reasonable in comparison to other hotels. I also liked the high position of my room with a decent view over Bangkok.

The best thing about this hotel is the location, I quite enjoy soi 11 and enjoy a night out there in the evening. It does not get as 'dodgy' as other parts of sukhumvit as the evening wears on and has some really nice restaurants and places to grab a cocktail or beer. An appealing aspect to staying at the hotel is a free pass to Bed Supperclub just opposite. When we went there an hour or so before closing, we were stung 500 baht for entry, I couldn't be bothered arguing at the time so I just paid, apparently it was a 'special night' (i.e. some bestudded young woman of European descent on the decks).

Overall this is one of the more exciting hotels in the area from this category and seems rather unique and stylish (having stayed at Dream & 4 points by Sheraton). It's like the best backpacker accommodation I have ever stayed at on steroids. I was considering staying again when I visited last week but I had a hire car and know that they don't have parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank J0ssler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I visited Bangkok for the first time with no idea on what to expect. I was taken by surprise looking at the quality of the hotel I stayed in. Since, the prices were ver affordable, I di not have great expectation. But, to my surprise, I founf this hotel extremely good and way above my expectations. The cleanlines, hospitality, restaurant and the ambience was absolutely amazing. Will definitely come back and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed one night at Aloft during Songkran Holidays. The price was reasonable and the amenities in room were worth paying for. The room was nice and had adequate space. What I really like was that we also got a free entry to Bed Supperclub, which was across the hotel. The service was ok, but could have been better. I asked the front desk about more info about the Bed Supperclub, and she said she would check and called me back. However, I 'd never got any calls from her. I ended up calling and asked them myself.

Cons: limited parking space

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Well I think there have been many praise about this property.

I stayed at this hotel twice (in Jan and Feb 2012). In general the hotel is good, although I think the design is too chic for me.

As I said, I do not think I need to repeat all the good comments here, few not so good points from me:
- Location is quite deep inside the soi (and just across bed supper). Can be a challenge to get a taxi to bring you there at night as many taxi does not like to go there, as the road is so jam.
- Nana (Soi 11) is very happening place, so it will be very crowded at night (so if you want quite place, avoid this place)
- the corridor is sooo dark
- never really see the tuk tuk that can bring you to main soi, so I end up take the motorcycle
- If you get the room on the left side, the proximity to the next building is so close, so you can see the neighbor (condo) and I suppose they can see you also!
- If your room is not inclusive of breakfast, I don;t think the breakfast is value for money. B600 with so few hot items choices.....

So enough not so good point. I found the concierge team is very very friendly

Room Tip: If you want privacy, you should get the room that facing the back of the soi, I believe the price it...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank esusilo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from our honeymoon where we spent the first night at Aloft Bangkok.
From the minute we were welcomed at the airport and driven to the hotel everything was done faultlessly and the service was well above our expectations.
This was very welcome as we were exhausted from the wedding and from our flight from Sydney.
The suite was a very good size, the bathroom was huge, the food and the service in their restaurant was exceptional.
The staff were all extremely helpful and all looked like they really enjoyed what they were doing.
This hotel is a credit to the General Manager and to Starwood Hotels.
We will stay there again.

Stayed April 2012
JN194
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Located near the Nana subway stop, this hotel was a nice, chic budget hotel with very comfortable beds and sheets for a last minute trip to Bangkok. Their pool was unfortunately closed for emergency maintenance, which was a minor disappointment that would have been nice to be notified of when making the reservation, but I had a very nice stay overall. The rooms were small but nicely equipped and functional but got a bit hot and humid if you didn't have a key keeping the power/ACin the room on. Cooling down the room took a few minutes but I do appreciate their efforts to be green! Local area had some great, cheap food and was quite lively during the later hours. Staff was very friendly and housekeeping was very thorough. Lots of hotels to choose from in Bangkok and this one is definitely a great hotel to stay at if you're on vacation and/or on a budget.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JN194
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great budget lifestyle hotel in an appropriate neighborhood. The staff and facilities are exactly what one would expect of such a hotel type. If they could do it all overagain, they not allow the stair to cut off the hotel lobby from the street. The lobby, as a result is too big and cut off from the street.

The lobby furniture can be of a higher quality design and finish. Otherwise, the pool table and free wifi are a great hit with my kids.

If this formula is done right, I can see alot of business being taken away from traditional hotels everywhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family