“Nice hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchid Resort

Orchid Resort
Ranked #48 of 618 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Nice hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed there only one night coming from cambodja and flying to koh samui the next day, but we liked it. It is perfect for the job, nice restaurant, not too expensive, rooms are ok. So perfect for this 1 night.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent there 2 days during christmas 2012.
The rooms were nice, clean and colorful. There are small pool in the front of the hotel.
It takes only 10-15 min from the airport to get there. And if the noise from landing planes dont distrube, this is nice option. Would stay again.

The breakfast was poor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nellikaramelli
Halmstad, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very nice, clean and modern hotell with large colourful rooms. Free Wifi, and breakfast included. There are no elevator so it could be hard to walk to the 4th floor if you have a lot of heavy bags. Perfect stay if you need some thing cloose to the airport. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I come across this hotel on the off chance as my taxi driver in Bangkok couldn't find my initial hotel
Well I was glad to have found it. Paid 900 baht a night and for another 100 you get airport transport.IIt's only 5 min from airport

Rooms-lovely Thai style room, modern.immaculately clean I loved it. It can be noisy as others have said in reviews but it is near the airport it's expected. I was woken up by a cockrel in the morning that was near by. Well stocked fridge, reasonable prices, free water and wifi , tea and coffee evading

Location-it is were the locals live so things are very cheap compared to what I was paying in Bangkok city and phuket. Not far from hotel is a market on night sells foods, fruits, clothes etc good for last min buys dirt dirt cheap.the smells were wonderful if you like all that. Not many folk spoke English nor is there money exchange but the is atms, massage shops for 150 for Thai Massage.

Area- nearest shopping centre is seacon square takes about 20 min in taxi. Lots good shops placesto eat if you have more than a day or two to kill if you got bored. It's about 100 baht in taxi

There is an out door pool but only little with two Sun beds

Food let me down if it hadn't I would have given 5 stars
I orded Thai green curry with Roti bread.it came in a small teacup sized bowl. The bread looked like puff pastry deep fried. I am not sure it was even the bread. The curry was like a bowl of chicken in oil.I just refused to eat it. I know Thais are cooking oil and fry happy but I did ask for it to be made with not a lot of oil I don't even eat like this at home.it was 120baht about £2.40. Upon checking out they gave me the bill for it. I said I didn't expect to pay for it as I didn't get what I asked for. He said that the staff pay for the food and it's them who won't get paid. I said to him that I didn't touch it and sent it back and I pointed out the oil by putting a napkin on it. It was bad. The manager said it was like that because its not fresh. I asked how long it had been cooked.he didn't know. He still insisted I paid in which I said I'll pay half not all because it was not edible in my opinion. He settled for that.

I would stay here again but I wouldn't eat here. I like traditional fresh Thai food if you do too don't let it put you off.. I know it's only a few pound its not much to us to them it is and if you was in UK you wouldn't pay for something you want happy with
Loved the hotel. Area. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The B&B is nice, with spacious colorful rooms and a small swimming pool (you can't swim but good for chilling out). Nearby there are many good and cheap restaurant. It is 10 minutes from the airport and they organize pick up/ drop service

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Orchid is the perfect place for a short stay or break from the airport while in transit. It is situated around 10 mins from the airport. We paid 150baht for a taxi, but found out later that it should have been 100baht. Be on the lookout for sharks and always have the taxi driver run the meter.

Getting back to Orchid. We were welcomed by 2 smiling young guys who quickly organized for a 6 hour stay for us as we were in transit. The hotel also has a shuttle service that leaves every half hour and costs 100baht one way. The guys informed us if this and also gave us advice on what time we should leave.

The rooms were clean and basic. There was a kitchenette and shower in our twin room.

There is a pool on site and cheap massages (none of which we experienced as we dozed off for most of the day).

There is nothing much to do in the area and it I'd not linked to the trains. The best way to travel into the city is to go to the airport & catch a train from there.

Orchid is close to Paeso, a little shopping centre, where you can do some quick shopping & eat excellent Thai food for ridiculously good prices.

The staff at Orchid made this experience great for us. They gave good advise on where to go and what to do for our short stay.

Excellent indeed.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank YesJourney
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at the Orchid Resort for 2 nights prior to my flight out of Bangkok. The staff were very helpful and friendly, ensuring a pleasant experience throughout. The room was nice and big, and very well decorated. There was complimentary water, as well as tea and coffee making facilities, what more could you want! As well as this, there was also a minibar, which was very fairly priced, which was a breath of fresh air when compared to European minibar prices. Despite there not being much to do in the surrounding areas, there was plenty to keep you entertained, with internet facilities provided. In addition to this there was also a pool, which although somewhat small was clean.If you're looking for a hotel close to the airport in Bangkok to stay in for a night or 2 then Orchid Resort is the place to go, for a thoroughly pleasant yet good value for money stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo