Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$21
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
$19
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$13
Hotels.com$19
Travelocity$19
FindHotel$13
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We found the room to have everything we needed, including large fridge, plenty of snacks and beer and drinks available in the room, facility to make hot drinks, a decent bathroom and effective air con. However, the room and the bed were small compared to every other place we stayed in Thailand. The room had a tiny balcony, with 1 chair, there isn't room for 2 chairs. The biggest problem we had with this place was that we got very little sleep. We had a room on the opposite side from the the main entrance and there was some sort of temple that had loud chimes every hour throughout the night. Also the light from the corridor shines around the edges of the room door (it's not a tight fit) so the room isn't dark.

The pool was small but looked nice (we didn't try it) but, because of it's position, it is shaded from the sun.

On arrival the staff seemed friendly and helpful. However, I really did not like their attitude when we came to check out. When we mentioned that we needed to pay for a beer from the room mini bar, they decided that they needed to go and inspect the room and kept us waiting for about 10 minutes while they checked everything in the room, including that the towels, sheets, coat hangers, hair dryer etc were still there and they were very impolite in this process.

We enjoyed the location of this hotel. It's not in a tourist area but has a great, large non-tourist market very close by serving a great selection of street food and they also had some street entertainment when we were there, next to the market.

The airport transfer was ok but the hotel representative was not there when we arrived and we had to wait about 15 minutes before she arrived. She then tried to tell us that she had been there all the time but we knew that this wasn't the case.

Room tip: rooms on opposite side from hotel entrance may be noisy
2  Thank Tibbytnt
Reviewed May 3, 2012

1st Stay - Pick up from airport and check-in was efficient and breakfast next morning was tasty.
2nd Stay - Pick up from airport and check-in was "complicated". And evening was noisy. To their credit we were not charged for pickup/return to the airport (100 baht each way) due to confusion picking us up at the airport nor charged for the breakfast we would be missing (6am kitchen) due to our early departure. Bottom line - if you're over-nighting in Bangkok during the week I would recommend Orchid Motel. If it's a weekend - it can be noisy. The rooms are clean. Bathroom provides liquid soap/shampoo. And Western style breakfast is surprisingly tasty. And the reason I rated Orchid Resort "average" was due to our weekend experience.

Room tip: All the rooms are the same. Just the weekend is noisy.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had a scheduled late evening flight on China Eastern airlines from PVG-BKK, scheduled to arrive at 12:55AM... well that went 1.5 hours later than expected (don't even get me STARTED on China Eastern's service, even in Business Class)... but needless to say we were 2 hours late getting into Bangkok. We were able to locate the ones waiting for us at the airport (some of the reviews said no one was waiting for them after late night/early morning flights)... but they were, we waited another 15 minutes or so and the van arrived to take us to the hotel. By this time, delirium along with jetlag were in their advanced stages on my Wife and I (now around 4AM by the time we arrived). I had already booked and paid for our room on agoda.com including airport transfer and breakfast... we were checked in promptly, without too many questions. We were given a small room on the first floor very close to the checkin area. There was a little noise in the hallway from people walking by but we were soooooo tired we didn't even notice.

Bed was rock hard but again, we were too tired to care very much. The room was small but very functional and sized properly in my opinion for a $25USD per night room.
I was surprised to see along with the minibar items and snack items you can eat, right mixed in there was a small box of condoms available... I've NEVER seen that before in ANY hotel room I've been in... but it was done as "tastefully" as possible I'd say, and should someone need them... there they are.

The toilet and shower area are all in one room and the shower just soaks everything and gets water all over the bathroom floor, but it dries promptly it seems without issue. No problem there.
In the "morning" when we woke up, tested the free wireless internet and it worked fine, speeds were good, and wireless is available around the property, even near the pool and restaurant.

The set menu breakfast (obviously for westerners) wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was alright. Again, about what I would expect from a $25 per night hotel)

We were given vouchers to get a free 10 minute foot massage by the masseuse and when she arrived in the morning we received that. It was really nice. We enjoyed it so much we went ahead and purchased a 1 hour massage (330 baht), split 30 minutes for each of us. She did an excellent job. My Wife is very small but likes a firm (I'd call it painful) massage and she gave the right amount to my Wife, while I'm a big, inflexible guy and she flexed and twisted me just enough for it to be enjoyable yet not too painful. If we would have stayed there another night, I would have gotten more massages.

Finally, checkout was a breeze, the front desk all spoke reasonable english and it was all fine. The little restaurant on site has reasonable food for about $4 for a set plate of Thai food.

I would NOT call this a resort by any stretch of the imagination, however, it was good for what we needed and it was a great introduction to Thai culture.

Next review, the Intercontinental, Bangkok.

Room tip: Main floor was quiet for us, also a small store is just down the street if you need anything.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Comfortable small hotel 10 minutes from airport, around the corner from a night market. Staff very friendly and accommodating, lovely massage, room adequate, comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2012

choose to sleep in a hotel before traveling back to London in order to be fully relaxed but there was just too much noise!
the A/C is very noisy.
i've requested a quiet room and I beleive that's what we had! it was on the top floor (5th floor no lift!) but we could hear people singing karaoke in the streets' bars, street noise, and planes. plus other travellers leaving or entering their rooms with their luggage.
did not sleep well AT ALL!

room is very small and bathroom is tiny.
balcony is tiny and not welcoming. plus you are being eaten alive by moskitoes.

plus points: god reception, 1o0 min from airport (taxi metre: 120 bath), new furniture. clean.
only suitable for 1 night. WOULD NOT BOOK AGAIN

Room tip: to eat cheap, turn left and left again, walk 5 minutes and there are plenty of street restaurant swhere you can have a deccent pad thai for 70p and drinks for 40p.
Date of stay: March 2012