“Great place for stopover at Bangkok, good value!”
Review of Orchid Resort

Orchid Resort
Ranked #54 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Hamburg
“Great place for stopover at Bangkok, good value!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel (it's nothing close to a 'resort') offers excellent value if you plan a stopover between connecting flights at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi. Don't consider staying here if you plan to visit Bangkok downtown.

Pros:
- great cleanliness
- well equipped, new rooms (refrigerator, tea/coffee facility, DVD player, small balcony)
- free airport transfer (pickup was unreliable, though)
- good breakfast
- pool
- free WiFi
- safe surrounding with some small restaurants, hawker stalls and convenience stores

Cons:
- unreliable airport pickup service, had to take a taxi ourselves despite preliminary arrangements and communication with hotel staff after booking
- location not very romantic, only for stopover, don't book it if you want to visit Bangkok downtown

Recommended, would stay here again when stopping over at Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I got a room at the last floor close the water pump machine room,asked a room change them try to charge me for(its maybe a routine trick??) i ask to check out just after 1 hour i coming in,but the hotel staff refuse to pay me back the money;just after the local police coming by my call,the cops put the hotel staff to give me back a part of the amount payed;for this price you can find many hotels in same area better of this;this hotel still have a actrattive price (799b)for a standard room,for later charge you for anythings:taxi to airport 100b(all hotels around will give to you this free or by taxy meter you just will pay about 70b)same story for the breakfast charge 100b up for person..(Alrerady 1000b person)BAD experience,like a nightmare..

• Stayed March 2012
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is the best choice you can make if you need a place for a short lay-over and flying out of Bangkok. Staff was incredibly friendly and professional, the room was really clean and nicely decorated, with a lot of snacks and a full fridge in case you need a refreshment (meal) during the night! It is really close to the airport too, so very convenient! I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Had the usual one day layover and needed an overniter. Went to the tourist sales center at the airport level two and looked at many brochures. Not much help from the sales staff so I picked the one with the nicest brochure.The Orchid offered round trip to and from airport and king size non-smoking rooms for 1000bht. WOW.. great ride and very nice and CLEAN room and staff was excellent.Nite market was awesome.Overall great value and I'll do it again when in BKK.

Room Tip: I did hear the bells at nite but it didn't bother me,but you could ask for a front side room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
dhaka
Reviewed December 21, 2011

While checking in online I found out that my flight had a huge delay, so I had to spend one unexpected night in Bangkok. Arriving late at night and checking in early in the morning, I looked for a hotel not far from the airport and I found this hotel, whose rates were very cheap. Considering the good reports, I booked it and I was positively surprised at finding a very clean and comfortable hotel at such a good price. The staff is very helpful (I had lost my mobile in the taxi, less than 10 minutes from the airport, and they helped me getting it back immediately); my room was big enough with all the comfort you can ask (flat screen tv, dvd player, minibar, kettle, air conditioning, queen size bed, balcony...), not so noisy (I could only hear the bells of the buddhist temple by the hotel). As I left early in the morning, I did not have breakfast, so I can not say how it is. The hotel provide even a van to go to the airport at the cheap fare of 100 THB. Definitely a hotel to consider if you do not want to spend too much and must stay close to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank max4u
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed overnight twice at Orchid Resort to catch flights the following day. The hotel provided transportation to and from the airport for a very reasonable price. Rooms are small but clean and well furnished. This is a no-frills but excellent hotel for short or overnight stays. The staff is so friendly. I arrived very late in the evening and when I asked if I could still order food, even though the kitchen was already closed, the manager herself cooked the food and brought it to my room! How's that for service!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pachelbel
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We picked the Orchid because it seemed reasonably priced for the airport area. We opted for the airport transfer (100 baht for both of us, totally worth it), and didn't have too much problems finding our ride but did have to ask around a bit. The pool was a godsend, as we weren't used to the Thai heat and needed some relief. The food at the resort is not good and I wouldn't recommend it, but there is a nightmarket close by that is AMAZING, there's no english at all and we were the only tourists around which we loved, with a little bit of charades we managed to buy some very delicious and excellently priced food (spring rolls, and noodle dishes) I highly recommend checking it out. The location itself is not super touristy, there isn't really any english anywhere but we enjoyed it. The room was clean, A/C worked, loved the pool, staff was pleasant, and there's free wifi in the room, so nice. One complaint is it stated there was free breakfast when we booked and there was not, and we had trouble finding breakfast around the hotel. Also free water drinking water which was nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple