“Perfect if all you need is overnight near the airport”

Lilac Relax-Residence
Ranked #21 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for one night while making my way back to the U.S. from Bhutan. I had some issues finding the van in Bangkok airport but got someone to call for me and then it arrived promptly. When we pulled into the alley the hotel is in I was feeling quite skeptical but it ended up being absolutely fine for my purposes. My room was spotless, the wi-fi, TV and shower all worked well (nothing I was used to in Bhutan!) and I liked that they had some drinks in the room at no additional charge. They do not have a restaurant (other than for breakfast) and I was a bit apprehensive about where to go safely on my own. However, right across from the driveway is another hotel - the Phoenix. I walked in there and turned right and went into a charming cafe that served a nice menu at reasonable prices so that was a delight too. The breakfast at Lilac is very good and the shuttle to the airport was fine too. No complaints at all. I wouldn't stay there for sight seeing in Bangkok but for overnight for the airport I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Lilac Residence twice while travelling through Thailand. It is very pretty, lovely breakfast, room comfortable and had all the amenities you would want including wifi and a tv. The mini bar was free - two beers, two waters, two colas and chips and cookies. Coffee and tea maker in room too. There is a lovely bistro across the street for meals (I had dinner and dessert and again free wifi) although you can also get a tasty breakfast (extra charge) at the hotel. It is about 10 minute drive from airport. They will pick up and drop off at airport for no extra charge. I will always stay at this hotel if I need to transit through Thailand.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a great little airport hotel. The rooms are clean and tidy and there is everything you might need for an overnighter. Breakfast was freshly prepared on request and served in their small on-site restaurant.

There is not much else to commend the location other than it’s proximity to the airport, but it is really convenient for an overnighter if like us you are flying into Bangkok at night and out again the following morning.

The transfers were punctual and efficient and worked like clockwork. Just what you need when your priorities are getting from A to B and back again!

If you do not want the big chain-hotel experience, and you don’t mind the colour lilac (!), then this is a really good alternative. We would certainly use it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for one night between landing at BKK and heading out for a tour early the next morning. Our flight landed on time around 7pm, and the driver from the hotel was easy to find in the bay where the smaller hotel pickups wait. After about 15 minutes, we were on our way for the short drive to the hotel. It's down a bit of a back road, but we expected that from the pictures, so we weren't entirely surprised. We were greeted by the very friendly reception staff with cold tea, which was wonderful. We were up to our room within minutes. The room was large and clean, the AC worked great, and the bed was comfortable. That's really about all you need from an airport hotel, so the fact that everything in the mini bar was free was a very nice bonus. Didn't get to experience breakfast as we had a very early pickup the next day, but everything else was so nice, especially for the low price, it doesn't really matter.

The only small complaint we had wasn't so much the fault of the hotel or the staff, but someone was running around about 4am, sounded like a group, and they were very loud, loud enough to wake us out of a deep sleep, and it went on quite a while. I guess that's just what happens sometimes when you've got people arriving on random flights, but considering our 6am pickup the next day, we were a little unhappy.

Overall though, we'd recommend this hotel without question, and we'd definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in need of an airport hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel was near the airport and train station. We were greeted at 2am with cold ice tea. The staff is friendly. The room is clean and spacious. The low price included the products in the mini bar. They provided a ride to the train station and provided a cell phone to call for a ride when we returned. I would stay at Lilac Relax again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Though hotel staff was not at meeting point at airport (my flight was delayed) they were there quickly when notified of my arrival. The staff was courteous and efficient. Complimentary minibar was a nice touch especially after 20 hours of travel. Breakfast was decent and served quickly. In the morning hotel staff helped me get a metered taxi to downtown area (note: this avoided the extra taxi airport charges). Only minor complaint was air con was not at peak performance but I was in a third floor room and it was very, very hot and humid outside. Would stay again for late arrival or an early departure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Perfect little stop over for the airport and a added bonus it has a lift as some around there don't.
Rooms are very spacious bathrooms a bit smaller but good when it's only one person.
Down a quiet street but there is a 7/11 at the end of the road.
Good transfer to the airport. And very helpful staff will be recommending this hotel to friends and family and will stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo