All reviewsclose to the airportnext morningone nightfree mini barlat krabangbangkok airportflight detailsthe shuttle driveran overnight stayfree shuttlebetween flightsstopover hotelgreat stopoverminutes from the airportminute driveon arrivalwelcome drink
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The staff are so professional and very friendly. Before I arrived I received an email from the Lilac staff advising where the pick up point was in Bangkok airport. I also had other questions to ask and the staff got back to me straight away. From the moment you arrive at the pick up point at Bangkok airport, you are met by friendly staff and taken approx 10min to the hotel where you are met by a friendly smile and a refreshing drink. The room was spacious, bathroom a good size, a slight smell as this happens due to their sewage system but ok when you put the fan on. The AC and Wifi worked well in the room. The bed was harder than I usually sleep in but was queen size and all up comfortable. Drinks and snacks are free. The staff advised me of a close by restaurant to have dinner, breakfast was simple but plenty and included your choice of eggs.
I would stay again for 1 night, and would recommend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2014

No question, this place can't be beaten for proximity to airport, price and service, perfect if you have an early flight and don't want the hassle of the journey from the city. There's no luxury here but it has all the basics....good shower, clean bed and sheets, efficient A/C, good wi-fi and a decent breakfast.

We stayed for two nights in transit to Tokyo and iIt started off badly....the room we were allocated when we arrived (room #4)smelled strongly of lysol covering up sewage (not an unusual experience in Thailand!)and the cement in the bathroom was yielding enough water to form a puddle in the corner. The bed and sheets were damp from the humidity, enough to say 'ugh'. Too tired to do anything but sleep, we decided to leave the complaint to the morning. The complaint was handled courteously,and our new room (#1) was damp-free and spotless.

You're not going to find any charming restaurants close by, but it is close to the Sky Train station. From there it's about 30 minutes to the Sukhamvit area. The hotel will offer to pick you up and drop you off for free to either the rail station or the airport. For the rail station, they even give you a mobile phone so that you can call them for a pick up.

Breakfast was good....omelettes, fruit, juice. They provide a small but very adequate amount of beer, water and soda for free from the mini-bar.

The price makes this unbeatable for value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don35
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This review is now based on 3 experiences at Lilac, having booked it for overnight stays in between two different travels. Every time, I have found consistent professionalism and service from Lilac: on-time airport pickup, clean rooms, and a flexibility to accomodate modifications in travel plans.

On my last trip, I realized (too late!) that I had made a big mistake in not having the number of pages remaining in my passport for all the visas I needed on the trip. I found the lady at the front desk (I can't remember her name) to be very helpful in copying and printing the required paperwork for my emergency embassy appointmentt later that day, which was critical for me having the documentation on-time and ensuring I would be able to continue on with travel plans.

As far as the other items go - I found Wi-Fi and A/C to work well each trip. The included breakfast is great as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Arrived in Bangkok after 20 hours of traveling and an hour and a half late but the Lilac Residence van was there waiting. Ten minutes later we were checking into our room. The room itself was large, clean, drinks and snacks completely free. That said, our bathroom had a terrible sewer smell. It was 2:00 A.M. and we were too exhausted to complain. The following morning at breakfast the couple sitting next to us complained to the manager about their room (#1) smelling. The manager seemed quite surprised by that. When I complained about our room (#10) she said...oh yes, we've had complaits about that room before. I couldn't help but think that since we had arrived at 2:00 A.M. we were given 'the stinky room' on the assumption that we would be too tired to complain??!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Arrived after a very long flight with twin baby boys greeted at airport and mini bus followed 10 mins later. It took 10 mins to get to hotel where we were helped with luggage and given a welcome drink. The service at this hotel is excellent! Room was nicely decorated super air con baby cot set up already and the mini bar with beer is FREE. Breakfast was lovely staff amazing only negative was the bathroom was small and not as high standard as the rest of the hotel. Would be very happy to stay again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family