“Tuk Tuk: see a lot of Bangkok in 3 hours”

Bangkok Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$76.65*
and up
Bangkok Grand Palace and River of Kings Canal Cruise Small-Group Tour
Ranked #47 of 203 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Bangkok Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Bangkok. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Bangkok. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Los Angeles, USA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Tuk Tuk: see a lot of Bangkok in 3 hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

An enjoyable way to see a lot of Bangkok in a short period of time. This 4 hour tour visits a mix of large tourist sights (Wat Po & Wat Saket) and smaller neighborhoods and markets (little India, flower market, and amulet market). While lovely sights to see, we felt rushed through the markets without any insight into local customs, history, or significance. For instance, we would have appreciated if our guide, Gof, would have taken time to explain the significance of the imagery in the amulet market. As it was, we felt the tours through the neighborhoods were more about transportation than about insights.

That said, while at the Wats our guide was very insightful and helpful explaining the nuances, history and significance of each site.

Visited January 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Filled with interesting facts and history!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I did the tour on my own with Joe as my tour guide. we caught the longtail boat down the canal and chao praya river and visited the grand palace, emerald buddha and wat pho (reclining buddha). Joe was highly informative in terms of the history and culture of Thailand, especially given he was a monk himself for 5 years. I would highly recommend anyone who is genuinely interested in understanding the history of Bangkok to do this tour!

1 Thank phillip_li
Sydney
“Temple and River of Kings half-day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Yesterday I had a great opportunity to attend the 'Temple and River of Kings' half-day tour booked for me by STA Travel in Sydney, Australia. The tour was professionally guided by Pum, an experienced guide and a very nice girl as well. We started our trip with an unforgettable cruise along river canals on a long tail boat, admiring homes of the people living along the river bridge and feeding fishes with bread. This experience was a good introduction to visiting the Reclining Buddha Temple, the Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha Temple. Pum presented an impressive knowledge of history of Thailand, providing me with an abundance of information regarding these historical places and answering my numerous questions, too. She was fully engaged in her job. I must admit the tour was very well organized because we visited many interesting tourist attractions within 4.5 hours. I took more than 200 pictures. Pum was very happy to take pictures of me and did that job very well, so feel free to ask her whenever you want to be taken a picture! She is a very helpful person. During the trip I learned about details related to monks' life. Moreover, Pum familiarized me with a history of Bangkok on a very approachable way. I am very satisfied with my attendace in that tour and I have no hesitation in recommending it to you if you are also interested in visiting possibly many places within relatively short period of time, learning really a lot about history of Bangkok and Thailand.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked the "Temple and River of Kings" tour through Intrepid, and met Gof, the tour leader for the tour. He was very knowledgable and fun and added a personal touch, even with recommending a place for lunch!

We took a long tail boat along the canal to see house boats and temples from the river, Gof bought bread to feed the fish (it was a frenzy!), then he led us around the reclining buddha temple Wat Pho (really beautiful). By this time it was a very hot day and Gof bought us cold water to drink before we took a tuk tuk to the Grand Palace to see the Emerald buddha.

He was friendly throughout, sharing tips and helping us to respect the location customs. Finally we took a local bus back to the Khaosan area. An enjoyable and eventful morning, definitely worth doing!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Raj H
Oxford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Tuk tuk your morning away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We wanted to see bangkok from a more local point of view and my wife saw this advertised on travel zoo it turned out to be well worth the money.
Joe our tour guide a former monk was defiantly the right man for the job to show us around, especially the reclining Buddha temple. The flower market was interesting and very vibrant, but found the amulet market a little tedious I must admit, but got to see alot of Bangkok most people just don't.
Tuk tuk your morning away with joe and soak it all in. Thank you joe

Visited November 2012