“Terrible Massage!!!”

Nice Palace Hotel
Ranked #451 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2013

stayed 1 night and tried thier massage of 60mins of foot massage,

Short word for thier massage is : Useless and TERRIBLE!!!

Room are okay, but everything in the room are very old with the very uncomfortable beds

Should stay somewhere else and pay more for the better room/location and services

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The trip on March was our third time staying at this hotel and we DEFINITELY won't return to this hotel. The attitude of the front desk staff especially the guy between 30-40s is HORRIBLE. My mom was asking for a hot water to the front desk (and it's quite early in the morning, that she forgot to mention the room number), this guy yelled at my mom angrily saying that he could not send the water if my mom didn't remember. Did he has to yell at a hotel guest? Later on, when we went outside, I rent the safe deposit box which is located in the front desk (I always keep my laptop in the box while we went to the city everyday), when he knew my room number, he said,"oh you keep it everyday, ha?" with his rude manner, he take the box and slammed it in the desk. He said,"everyday" and use some Thai languages I didn't understand. Really, his behaviour could ruin your day. We regretted that we brought our friends to this hotel. I will NEVER EVER stay at this hotel again, although it's cheap.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MCIvonneM
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As a backpacker who travels mainly to hostels, this was shocking in comparison to some hostels I've been to throughout Asia.

Rooms smell of stale cigarette's to start your day off with a lovely smell.

The staff are generally unhelpful. When I asked if I could borrow their printer or if they have facilities to print some flight documents they said "no".... That was it, no offer of advice or extra help until I had to pry them for some knowledge about where the nearest internet cafe is.

The average price is around 600 baht, then you have to pay EXTRA for 1 hours use of WIFI.

The lobby looks like it came out of the post-soviet 1990s with a overpriced empty restaurant, some sort of 'tour service' (god forbid somebody use it), and a massage parlour that I haven't seen a person set foot inside once.

Overall, it offers a room near the Don Mueang Airport in BK, but that is about as far as the benefits go.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I can't even give one star to this place. First of all, the area seems to be located in a dangerous place. When you walk into the hotel, there's a paper put next to the elevator saying "If a police officer stops and fine you, come to the hotel with the officer and have the hotel staff talk to the officer directly rather than paying the fine on spot", which is an indication it is not in a safe area. I have read the review people commenting about the old lobby, but I could have cared less about the lobby if the rooms themselves were clean enough. The rooms reeked badly, and after being 20 minutes in the room I felt like I was getting diseases from the air. The bathroom - toilet was so dirty, there were spots on the seat and the shower head (white color originally - stained yellow) and water tap was black. I couldn't bring myself to look close, but I'm sure the sink had stains too. Sheets were white, but considering the location of the hotel and the atmosphere, who knows what kind of people have slept on it. I couldn't even sit on the bed, so I just sat on the sofa, and the sofa smelled bad too. I tried to stay in an attempt to save money, but it was better to spend one less second in that place than trying to save that money. I have tried to negotiate and pay for half day and leave, but they wouldn't accept and I arrived at the conclusion it's better to pay whatever it takes to just get the hell out of that place than stay there any more second trying to save money. Honestly I don't even know how those people who work at that place are okay, and how people even choose to stay in such a place. Serving and eating food in the hotel is okay, but what's the reason for leaving finished plates in the hallway? I saw a couple of maids in uniform - what the hell are there jobs and why are they even there? Being in that place was such a traumatic experience, and I had to brush my teeth and shower to get that smell off. Thank goodness I didn't open any of my luggages in that place. Usually I try not to say anything negative about anyone or any place, but I thought that not informing about this place would be a disservice to fellow travelers who are looking for lodging in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in this place, for your health and security. There are hostels with single rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very decent and value hotel for the pricing they currently offer
Room are clean and have always been offered clean and neat rooms
The closet however is small and can be replaced overall
Wifi comes at 20 baht per hour
Restaurant serves decent food and i love my hot tea without milk
Proximity to Saphan Kwai BTS and Big C and restaurants are a big big plus
Also close by is the Beer Park with live music by 2 guys

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors and those facing the Sky Train service line
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Gives a star, because my wife and I have had some wonderful hours together.
For 3 years visited this hotel 20 times, but the last 3 times been badly treated, and the rooms are all criticism. I've had to change rooms several times, the last 3 visits.
Air conditioning has made me sick every time, with colds and viruses. There are dirty, the rooms and bathrooms are poor and fall finished. and I ordered hot water for coffee, and had to pay for 2
of ice water. The tried and dragging me the whole deposit, and I tried and explain their mistakes, but was met with an arrogance and made stupid.
Hotel should have called ugly hotel as Nice palace does not match.
I told them that I did not get more, and I will write these experiences so that others do not get sick and badly treated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel was dark inside. The rooms were okay, not the best. I was running around this area to get hotel rooms for my family. This hotel was recommended by an uncle. We had a coupon that was given to us when my father stayed last year. We called and asked to check if we can use this coupon and if we can have one extra person in a room of three. The coupon had no expiration date or no description of what type of room. The receptions (two) said it was okay. When I reached the hotel, their words simply changed and one particular male receptionist, late 20's - early 30's spoke to us as if we did not know English and repeated their policies 3-4 times. I was belittled and undermined as if I was hard of hearing. We were given new coupons and the one we had was disregarded. HONESTLY, the coupons they give out was ABSOLUTELY of NO USE! Due to poor costumer service, we left the hotel and found a nicer one with much better costumer service and bed rooms. The hotel we found did not even charge for the extra person we had inquired.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family