“Very dated hotel but friendly staff”
Review of Nice Palace Hotel

Nice Palace Hotel
Ranked #488 of 742 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is trapped in the 70's. Everything in the room needs replacement except for the flooring. In my case the aircond is very noisy. It's from the condenser unit at the balcony. I slept with the windows open to circulate the air in the room. It was bad when. First enter. Good that the hotel has mosquito netting all over. Staff are friendly and helpful.
My room comes with a small balcony which I enjoy in the morning and late evening.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was a dump. The woman at the register was counting money as I was standing there and giving her dirty looks for ignoring me. My eyes would have crossed forever from rolling them, if I waited for her to stop. She won. She kept doing her thing until i told her that we need a room. She gave me a price that was a bit high. I told her it was too much and started leaving. She lowered it - I ignored her. She called me back. Lowered it again. I told her we are leaving. So at the end we DID NOT stay here, but that small interaction was enough for me. They'll rip you off at every step of the way. The lobby looked dirty and empty. very few people walking around.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alek2Travel
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and it was ok. The staff is mostly friendly and the rooms are good, big rooms, good bed, clean, AC and hot shower for 600 Bath. The only thing I can't understand is that they make you pay for Wifi, even though you're staying in the hotel. I think in 2012 you just can't do that anymore. They thought otherwise.
But, if you don't mind that, it's a good place to crash. About 10 min away from the skytrain at Saphan Kwai

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dick133
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was there in October of 08.The hotel is A good location to A big C ,and BTS station.The room was fine.
No problems.The biggest thing that I didn't like was the Hotel Taxi's.They would tend to overcharge
when going somewhere.We would eventually go out to the main road and hail A taxi.
They have A restaurant and the breakfast was good.
I would stay there again,but i like the riverside area of Bangkok better.

Room Tip: Been to Thailand many times.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank thrilled747
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The room we had clean; walls, wood floor and bathroom. The AC air flow and temperature controllable by remote. Standard channels on TV. Wifi was chargeable. Best taken by the hour 20 at a time. If you pay 100 thb for 10 hours starting at 4 pm, it ends at 2 am irrespective of use or not,

The mini bar is fully stocked, although we managed to fit 4 yogurts to supplement our diet. There is a short cut to Big C and Skytrain. When you exit the hot make a right, follow the road and make a left when i ends. It takes you to the rear of the building. Unless you have very light small luggage, the Airport Link,and Skytrain combo, while inexpensive requires stairways that soar to earth or heaven at Saphan Kawai BTS. EXIT 1.

Room Tip: If you are young seniors like us, take the meter taxis.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Goodgenie4u
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Very pleasant dining room staff - a cheery hello each morning with excellent breakfast.
Mixed attitudes at Reception, two young ladies very friendly, Manager fairly surly and abrupt in manner, for example early one morning I needed a Bandaid for my finger and asked if they had a spare one - she pointed to outside and said "go and buy one". A kindly fellow traveller, also at the desk, overheard and gave me one from her own supply - she could have taught the manager a thing or two about customer relations!!
The room was adequate, fairly old but with clean bedding. Bathroom ok.
Overall, the hotel served our purpose budget-wise and was within walking distance to Sky Rail etc, however, we'd choose another when returning to Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Su H
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was forced due to recent floods in Thailand to seek alternative low cost accommodation for my wife and I.

We opted for their superior room at a discounted 642THB per night excluding Breakfast.

Location: located in Inthamara Soi 1/1, which is a quiet soi about 10 mins max walk to Saphan Kwai BTS station and or the Local Big C supermarket or 20THB on a motorcycle taxi. Sits in the middle of lots of eating places so you are wide choice

Hotel: It is in need of a restoration but for the price and location it does not pretend to be the Ritz but does pride itself on meeting its price point, being clean and having helpful and friendly staff. The rooms are a good size, TV (has English Channels), Fridge Aircon.

If price is your driver in a local 'thai' setting then use it, if you are looking for more luxury or 'chic and modern' then go elsewhere.

Tip: It does have wireless internet that is chargeable 3 hours 50BHT. Tip go out of the hotel cross the road enjoy a drink / meal and enjoy their free wifi internet

Room Tip: Not on a main road and has a lift so opt for the superior rooms which are slightly larger and better...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family