“Great location!”

Ranked #93 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
toronto
“Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was an ideal location in the heart of all the action in Bangkok. We walked to the skytrain, nana area, Soi Cowboy and Terminal 21 shopping. There were so many restaurants to choose from in the area.

The hotel is clean and well equipped. The rooftop bar and pool are very very nice. The hotel staff is super friendly and helpful.

We had breakfast and drinks at the rooftop which were both very tastey and highly recommended.

Great value for your money!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi shelly D,

Thank you so so much for your wonderful review on our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be well-located and close to many places.

I have passed your kind words to the rest of the team and we will ensure we keep up our great job until we see you again.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed at this property many times and have always had good service. The rooms are nice and kept very clean by the housekeeping staff.

I've been upgraded several times as a Starwood Platinum guest and have enjoyed their suites. The breakfast is good and has a big selection. Frontdesk staff are well trained and friendly. The rooftop pool is nice. The Asok BTS and MRT stations are a 5 minute walk away.

They have 2 bars on site. The Beer Vault which is often busy with locals and guests alike with a good happy hour. They also offer a rooftop bar/club called the AmBar which is nice if you're into that scene.

I always feel welcomed and my business valued when staying at this property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hi rebelyell,

Thank you so much for your support of Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We are very happy to hear such a great review for us, especially when it comes from our valued Platinum member. It’s lovely to hear that you found our room to be clean and our breakfast to offer a great variety. I will definitely pass your compliments onto every department and ensure that we keep up our great service in order to deliver a true Four Points experience to you again on your next visit.

Until then, we wish you safe and happy travels. Thanks again for taking your time to post a review for us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip, and was pleased with how central the hotel was, but how quiet and relaxing inside. The beer bar is busy in the evening, and the roof top bar fabulous for a quiet night time drink.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi Katie K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip. We appreciate your time sharing your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time during the stay here at also our bars.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Worldwide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here on January for 1 night, with a plan to return 3 days later for 7 nights.

As a Platinum member I was upgraded to a nice suite.

This was my first time in a Fourpoints property, i have stayed at the Sheraton Grande and Westin Grande Bangkok previously.

There was a little mis-understanding at check in, where i was offered benefits of free wifi, free breakfast, a free local amenity gift or starpoints. As Platinum free wifi and breakfast is standard, so I selected the gift.

Next morning at breakfast in the restaurant (no executive lounge) I was told breakfast was not included. Eventually it transpired that as the Fourpoints have no lounge, I was able to select breakfast OR the gift. I requested that I be provided breakfast instead, rather than pay for it and gave the gift back on my check out.

Maybe it was just me, checking in late at night after a long flight, but my choices have always been in the past, gift or points. Breakfast and wifi always standard.

Anyway, room nice, restaurant ok, this is certainly a long way from the Shheraton Grande and Westin standards, but was fine for 1 night.

As I mentioned i was due to return 3 days later, with a group of 12 people, for 7 nights. This booking got changed as the hotel were unable to provide a special rate, so we stayed at Amari Boulevard, on Soi 5, for half the price, with breakfast and wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lee_the_traveller
Hi lee_the_traveller,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post a review for us. We are sorry to hear of challenge you faced during your stay. Please rest assured we had addressed the senior teams on front desk to ensure this situation does not re-occur. We do try and ensure our Platinum members are well looked after and we do hope we can meet this expectation on your next visit.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for your less than perfect stay and any inconvenience this caused. We certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Jurong, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights during my Bangkok Vacation in December 2013. Lovely experience and will no doubt choose back this hotel for my next trip to Bangkok, especially for the convenience due to its location.
Rooms - Lovely, spacious rooms with 2 queen size beds that can fit a family of 4 in one room. This is probably one of the few hotels that comes with 2 queen size beds within a room, and thus allowing the entire family to stay together when on vacation. The beds were pretty comfortable and the numerous cable channels and DVD Player was a plus. The only bad point was the lack of complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel rooms, which is pretty much a must-have in hotel rooms in the current decade. The HDMI connection in my room was unfortunately damaged. However, there's some letdown in the toilet. The sink is placed too far from the basin, causing the entire table and edge of the sink to get wet whenever the tab is on. Probably poor planning from the start. Water pressure in the shower was good though.
Service - The staff were really friendly, answering our queries and even attempted to negotiate for a cheaper cab fare for our trip back to the airport terminal. The staff always had a smile on their face.
Food - We consumed buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant on 2 occasions. Decent spread, good service but not really value for money as you can easily get delicious street food right outside the hotel or at the Pier 21 Food Court at Terminal 21 just 5 minutes on foot away from the hotel.
Facilities - Small gym and pool on the rooftop of the hotel lobby.
Location - Extremely convenient. Just 5 minutes walk to Asok BTS/ Sukhumvit MRT Station. Robinson and TOPS Market is just 3 minutes walk away and the supermarket opens till 11pm each night allowing us to get our necessities even returning back to the hotel late at night. Terminal 21 is also 5 minutes walk away!

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Wing view for a nice greenery view. Use the back door for a much faster/quieter ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jieshun
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend at this hotel recently, unfortunately it was during the bangkok protests, therefore not all the hotel services were available, however the room was comfortable as expected, although being a SPG gold member I did not necessarily see any difference in the upgrade from a comfort room to a premium comfort room.

The room was not ready at 2pm on arrival, I appreciate check in was 3pm but considering the low occupancy I was surprised I still had to wait until after 3pm to get a room.

The poolside furniture is looking poor, the first sun lounge I sat in was broken and was still there the following day.

All the staff I came into contact with were friendly and efficient.

Interesting to note they have introduced security measures at the hotel but they are a hit and miss, the taxi I arrived in was scanned with mirrors, my body was scanned with hand held scanner, my bag was not checked and every other time I entered the hotel I was not scanned. You ether do it consistently or don't bother.

Overall the stay was comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi expenriencedir,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience and a great picture for us. We are deeply sorry to hear of challenge you faced during your stay and thank you for letting us know the areas where we can improve. I have passed your feedback regarding the poolside furniture and the status of your room upon arrival onto appropriate departments to ensure that these challenges will not re-occur.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit in Bangkok. We do hope to see you back here again soon.

Squamish, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while in bangkok. Used star points to book, so it was free. I'm platinum status, so we received a free room upgrade and free buffet breakfast.
Traveling with my wife and 9mo old daughter, the hotel provided a crib on check in. The restaurant also prepared special veggies for the baby, at no charge.
Rooftop pool and bar were great during the heat of the day!
Location is good, lots to eat in the streets around the hotel. Sky train one block away, so easy to get away to other areas. It cost $350 baht for a meter taxi from the airport... That includes tolls and airport fee.
LOTS of hotel choices in this area, many cheaper than the four points... I'd consider this to be fairly upscale for bangkok, about 4 star. So if your looking to spend $3500 baht / $120 dollars per night, it's a good choice.
At 4000 star points per night, it was great for us!
If you want something cheaper, then plenty of options around, if you want 3 star, you can get rooms for as little as $1200 baht just next door... That one star is a big jump though!

Stayed February 2014
chutarmas, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi bc2planker,

Thank you so so much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok on your recent trip to Bangkok. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us including the relaxing time at our rooftop pool. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our location and our service provided at the restaurant.

We hope to see you and your family back again soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels!