“Superb Location, Comfy Rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #93 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Jurong, Singapore
“Superb Location, Comfy Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights during my Bangkok Vacation in December 2013. Lovely experience and will no doubt choose back this hotel for my next trip to Bangkok, especially for the convenience due to its location.
Rooms - Lovely, spacious rooms with 2 queen size beds that can fit a family of 4 in one room. This is probably one of the few hotels that comes with 2 queen size beds within a room, and thus allowing the entire family to stay together when on vacation. The beds were pretty comfortable and the numerous cable channels and DVD Player was a plus. The only bad point was the lack of complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel rooms, which is pretty much a must-have in hotel rooms in the current decade. The HDMI connection in my room was unfortunately damaged. However, there's some letdown in the toilet. The sink is placed too far from the basin, causing the entire table and edge of the sink to get wet whenever the tab is on. Probably poor planning from the start. Water pressure in the shower was good though.
Service - The staff were really friendly, answering our queries and even attempted to negotiate for a cheaper cab fare for our trip back to the airport terminal. The staff always had a smile on their face.
Food - We consumed buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant on 2 occasions. Decent spread, good service but not really value for money as you can easily get delicious street food right outside the hotel or at the Pier 21 Food Court at Terminal 21 just 5 minutes on foot away from the hotel.
Facilities - Small gym and pool on the rooftop of the hotel lobby.
Location - Extremely convenient. Just 5 minutes walk to Asok BTS/ Sukhumvit MRT Station. Robinson and TOPS Market is just 3 minutes walk away and the supermarket opens till 11pm each night allowing us to get our necessities even returning back to the hotel late at night. Terminal 21 is also 5 minutes walk away!

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Wing view for a nice greenery view. Use the back door for a much faster/quieter ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jieshun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend at this hotel recently, unfortunately it was during the bangkok protests, therefore not all the hotel services were available, however the room was comfortable as expected, although being a SPG gold member I did not necessarily see any difference in the upgrade from a comfort room to a premium comfort room.

The room was not ready at 2pm on arrival, I appreciate check in was 3pm but considering the low occupancy I was surprised I still had to wait until after 3pm to get a room.

The poolside furniture is looking poor, the first sun lounge I sat in was broken and was still there the following day.

All the staff I came into contact with were friendly and efficient.

Interesting to note they have introduced security measures at the hotel but they are a hit and miss, the taxi I arrived in was scanned with mirrors, my body was scanned with hand held scanner, my bag was not checked and every other time I entered the hotel I was not scanned. You ether do it consistently or don't bother.

Overall the stay was comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi expenriencedir,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience and a great picture for us. We are deeply sorry to hear of challenge you faced during your stay and thank you for letting us know the areas where we can improve. I have passed your feedback regarding the poolside furniture and the status of your room upon arrival onto appropriate departments to ensure that these challenges will not re-occur.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit in Bangkok. We do hope to see you back here again soon.

Squamish, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while in bangkok. Used star points to book, so it was free. I'm platinum status, so we received a free room upgrade and free buffet breakfast.
Traveling with my wife and 9mo old daughter, the hotel provided a crib on check in. The restaurant also prepared special veggies for the baby, at no charge.
Rooftop pool and bar were great during the heat of the day!
Location is good, lots to eat in the streets around the hotel. Sky train one block away, so easy to get away to other areas. It cost $350 baht for a meter taxi from the airport... That includes tolls and airport fee.
LOTS of hotel choices in this area, many cheaper than the four points... I'd consider this to be fairly upscale for bangkok, about 4 star. So if your looking to spend $3500 baht / $120 dollars per night, it's a good choice.
At 4000 star points per night, it was great for us!
If you want something cheaper, then plenty of options around, if you want 3 star, you can get rooms for as little as $1200 baht just next door... That one star is a big jump though!

Stayed February 2014
chutarmas, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi bc2planker,

Thank you so so much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok on your recent trip to Bangkok. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us including the relaxing time at our rooftop pool. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our location and our service provided at the restaurant.

We hope to see you and your family back again soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels!

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while vacationing in Bangkok. I was able to redeem Starpoints for both nights. While I was staying in Bangkok there was protests going on a few hundred meters away and the hotel had additional security measures in place. All guests accessing the hotel had to be wanded with a metal detector and my taxi was stopped and searched for explosives. I have never experienced this at a hotel before, but given the situation I was glad they did and felt extremely safe at this hotel. The rooftop bar at the time was closed (I would guess because of the lack of tourists in the area) however, the pool area was still open and they had very comfortable seats to lay and read.

The hotel room was the nicest one I had during my 2.5 week duration in Bangkok. Unlike most beds, this one was extremely comfortable and not nearly as hard as all the other beds I slept on. Both stays the rooms were quite large, my second stay I had a balcony. The large bathtub was awesome and it was great to relax after a long day of sightseeing.

My only complaint was that the walls were thing and I could hear the Television in the next room.

If your looking for an affordable, comfortable hotel in a great location in downtown Bangkok- this is the one!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi anthonyjames_f,

Thank you so much for posting this great review for us on TripAdvisor. We are very delighted to hear of all your compliments regarding our security measures as our guest's safety is of our paramount priority. Moreover, we are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time by our rooftop pool. It's also wonderful to hear that you found our bed comfortable as one of our promises is to deliver our guests a comfortable stay. We are glad we were able to deliver a true Four Points experience to you.

Thanks again for recommending our hotel to other TripAdvisor's readers. We hope to see you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel few weeks back and I noticed a drop in its quality greatly. Have heard from a few reviewers that the hotel has undergone a change in management. New management (if any) is probably try cutting cost big time. No more complimentary breakfast benefit for SPG plats as you now need to choose as a benefit of getting 250 points/local gift or buffet breakfast), no more happy hour, rarely getting room upgrade (with a usual remark of 'our hotel is fully booked and no suite left'.

I suggest those plats that want to book this hotel to think again if you are after the SPG benefits. Fine if you book it with points as the hotel is in cat 2 so its on par with Aloft (10 mins walk or 5 mins tuk tuk ride) and cheaper for weekends stay. If you pay with cash there're other starwood properties which are slighly more expensive but will get you full benefits. Westin Grande Sukhumvit recently rolled out 'holiday promotion' which only cost 3,000bht for a weekend stay and surprisingly its even cheaper than Four Points with all the benefits now inc.complimentary breakfast at the main restaurant.

Beer Vault was a good hang out place if you dont want to go too far as it sit right next to the hotel's lobby with nice promotion from time to time and nice pop corns. I went to Am Bar after Beer Vault and its deserted (only me and my friends) so I left after 2 mins.

I will probably stay again on a weekend if I pay with points. Otherwise I see a much better value hotels around there. If the hotel did really underwent a change in management, they seriously needs to bring back the old team because its losing an elite guests fast!!!!

Room Tip: Try avoid room near elevator
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SPGLovers
Hi SPGLovers,

Thank you for your valuable time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding SPG Platinum recognition. Kindly note that we truly appreciate your continued support of Starwood Hotels & Resorts and your stay experience is definitely of our paramount concern. However, Four Points is a Select Serve Brand, we are required to align with our brand standard, and as such, breakfast will still be a benefit for our Platinum members but reflected as one of the 3 choices in the Platinum Welcome, along with Complimentary High-Speed Internet and Complimentary Guaranteed Late Check-Out.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary popcorn at BeerVault. We will ensure to maintain great promotions there and please be informed that the rest of our team is always committed the deliver a comfortable stay to our guests.

Thank you again for your continued loyalty and we do hope to be able to welcome you back again.

hong kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this place 15 times, past 2 times has slipped as under new management or a new management policy while a few of my favorite employees have left for greener pastures- unfortunately it shows is the deterioration of service I almost every aspect, platinum status recognition was great before but has now gone to zilch- no free breakfast , no happy hour, no room upgrade - after making a comment these past 2 stays about it, both times I was told this hotel is not " full service" and to stay else where if I want recognition of any benefits - not a good reply to a long time loyal customer so this time when in BKK and i am staying elsewhere on their advice and delighted to have described a new place that is same price range , service over the top and excellent recognition of my marriott platinum status - marriott sukuhumvhit.
BKK has plenty of other choices so keep on looking , sorry 4 points, it's like leaving an old friend behind but glad I found a new one!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank nellieHongKong
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi nellieHongKong,

Thank you for your valuable time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind feedback regarding SPG Platinum recognition. Kindly note that we always recognize you as our valued guest who has been the great support to our hotel and truly appreciate your continued support of Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Your stay experience is definitely of our paramount concern. Kindly note that Four Points is a Select Serve Brand, we are required to align with our brand standard, and as such, breakfast will still be a benefit for our Platinum members but reflected as one of the 3 choices in the Platinum Welcome, along with Complimentary High-Speed Internet and Complimentary Guaranteed Late Check-Out.

Our team is always committed to do our best to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. Thank you again for your continued loyalty and we do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back here again in the future so we can deliver a great stay.

Best Regards,

Piedmont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had two stays in the same month at this property: one paid and one using Starpoints. At the first stay I booked the least expensive room on the website, and asked for a quiet room upon arrival. The room I got was very clean and comfortable. On the second stay (booked with Starpoints as a Gold member) the room I got was substantially smaller (and isn't offered on the SPG website) and placed in the noisier parts of the hotel; at first, I got a room directly opposite the elevator, and the next room was next to the hotel street front, I was told that if I wanted a larger room I would have to pay an extra charge. I didn't get a Gold member benefit upgrade or enhanced room.
PROS:
- location: close to the SkyTrain Asoke station and MRT Sukhumvit station
- room was clean and modern
- Green Choice program available 3 of 4 nights
- staff was very friendly and helpful
CONS:
- main entrance to the hotel is on an unevenly paved alley about a half block off of Sukhumvit
- high prices at the Eatery restaurant, which is probably why it appeared empty most of the time
- noise from adjacent units very audible
- daily wifi authentication errors when using smart phone and tablet
CONCLUSION:
I would stay at this property again, but if booking with Starpoints I would try a different Starwood property.

Room Tip: Terrace Suites are offered, but the terraces seem to lack privacy because most of the upper floors o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank PiedmontWalker
Hi PiedmontWalker,

First of all, thank you so much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok. We are very happy to hear that your recent visit was your second stay with us.

We appreciate your valuable time to write such a detailed review for us on TripAdvisor. Kindly note that we have acknowledged your feedback and thank you for letting us know the areas of improvement. We have passed your comment onto the appropriate departments, Food & Beverage department for the Eatery’s price point, Engineering about the noise from the next room and IT for the wifi authentication errors.

Thanks again for your kind compliment on our staff. I will definitely pass your praise to the team and ensure we keep up our great service.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon. Until then, we wish you happy travels.