I was here for 8 days. 4 for business and 4 for vacation. It was a great hotel with all the amenities I am used to back in the U.S. The staff was really accomodating, and made the stay even better.
The hotel is very nice and modern, with 3 restaurants, 2 of which are also bars. The Eatery is the main cafeteria for breakfast and my package included breakfast included. It was really great! an omlet Chef daily, along with european, american, and asian breakfast foods. Although the menu did not change, I never got bored of the selection even after 8 days. The BeerVault is the main floor bar, and it is nice, modern, with tables and bar stools, and TVs showing sports. The drinks were good, but a little pricey compared to other bars in the area. For a hotel bar, it was good though. The rooftop bar and pool are Very nice and swanky. Again, same drink prices, but they really have a wide selection and make the drinks well. Good for getting together with colleagues or even for a romantic dinner at the secluded tables they have there.
As for the room, it was very comfortable and nicely appointed. The desk was very functional with several outlets that accomodate both standard US plugs or the European 2 round prong. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had both a deep tub and a walk in shower. The only negative here is that the shower water was not very hot some mornings, but it is so hot in Bangkok, this was not a huge issue. The AC in the room was almost too good. I had to keep raising the temperature to keep from getting to cold. The wifi connection was nice and speedy, and I was able to Skype with those back in the US easily most nights.
Finally, I held a training in the "pinwheel" conference rooms adjacent to the Eatery, and it worked out great. Each room held about 25 people, and we conducted 2 simultaneous sessions over 3 days. Each room was very comfortable and the projector projected a massive image at the front that all could see. There seemed to be a slight focus issue with the projector in pinwheel 1that they could not fix, but it was not too distracting. Also, the wifi connection in these rooms was really great, we could reference online materials very easily.
All in all a great value for the money and a gem in terms of accomodations that equal or surpass those of far more expensive hotels in the states.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, both business travelers and vacationers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to the BTS Asok Skytrain and Sukhumvit Metro Station within 5 min walking distance, the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok provides comfy and affordable rooms and suites, enhanced with various restaurants and bars, swimming pool, gym and complimentary set of four star plus amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 Hotel Bangkok