“Great hotel for business or vacation”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #91 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great hotel for business or vacation”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was here for 8 days. 4 for business and 4 for vacation. It was a great hotel with all the amenities I am used to back in the U.S. The staff was really accomodating, and made the stay even better.

The hotel is very nice and modern, with 3 restaurants, 2 of which are also bars. The Eatery is the main cafeteria for breakfast and my package included breakfast included. It was really great! an omlet Chef daily, along with european, american, and asian breakfast foods. Although the menu did not change, I never got bored of the selection even after 8 days. The BeerVault is the main floor bar, and it is nice, modern, with tables and bar stools, and TVs showing sports. The drinks were good, but a little pricey compared to other bars in the area. For a hotel bar, it was good though. The rooftop bar and pool are Very nice and swanky. Again, same drink prices, but they really have a wide selection and make the drinks well. Good for getting together with colleagues or even for a romantic dinner at the secluded tables they have there.

As for the room, it was very comfortable and nicely appointed. The desk was very functional with several outlets that accomodate both standard US plugs or the European 2 round prong. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had both a deep tub and a walk in shower. The only negative here is that the shower water was not very hot some mornings, but it is so hot in Bangkok, this was not a huge issue. The AC in the room was almost too good. I had to keep raising the temperature to keep from getting to cold. The wifi connection was nice and speedy, and I was able to Skype with those back in the US easily most nights.

Finally, I held a training in the "pinwheel" conference rooms adjacent to the Eatery, and it worked out great. Each room held about 25 people, and we conducted 2 simultaneous sessions over 3 days. Each room was very comfortable and the projector projected a massive image at the front that all could see. There seemed to be a slight focus issue with the projector in pinwheel 1that they could not fix, but it was not too distracting. Also, the wifi connection in these rooms was really great, we could reference online materials very easily.

All in all a great value for the money and a gem in terms of accomodations that equal or surpass those of far more expensive hotels in the states.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, both business travelers and vacationers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack D
Janine W, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi Jack D,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for choosing Four Points Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok. We are delighted to read that your stay with us was great and you found our location, our facilities and our team to be so fantastic, I will sure to pass this on so they keep up the great job. We are very happy to read you found Beervault to be a great respite and that our team in The Eatery were able to impress you each morning.

Thank you again and we do hope to see you back again soon.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

It was my first stay in Four Points by Sheraton hotel though this was my sixth leisure to bangkok.As compared to Centara by Central World, Baiyoke Sky and Armari Watergate that I have stayed in, this hotel is the most well valued and my most enjoyable stay! This is the first hotel that I have left a review in tripadvisor.Simply because of the following standout points:

Location: It is located within 5 mins walking distance to Asoke BTS, Terminal 21 shopping mall and 10 mins walking distance to Healthland Spa Asoke. It is also well accessible to MBK, Central World, Platinum Mall and Erawan Shrine (Four Face Buddha) via Asoke BTS.

Transport: Complimentary hotel tuk tuk service to and fro Asoke BTS, Terminal 21, Healthland Spa and Robinsons departmentall store. Though is within short walking distance, you will appreciate this svs greatly after a long day of shopping or walking under the scorching sun.Rest assured on the safety of the tuk tuk, initially I am quite reserved about it, but the staff were extremely careful and prompt in picking and sending us. U just had to give a call to the front desk.

Maintenance: Very well maintained and clean. Comfortable to stay in. Is a relatively new hotel.

Food: The buffet breakfast spread is relatively normal.

Last but not least to mention,the staff of the hotel. The staff are all very well trained and polite. I called a few times before my departure as I had some enquiries. The staff spoke good english and were able to answer my queries. Most importantly, they were consistent in their service delivery! The housekeeping staff were prompt in delivering the requested items.The front desk staff were all very helpful, polite in our enquiries on directions etc. Also, I will like to specially mentioned one of the staff, named GOLF. He was the one who drove us in a few of our trips in tuk tuk. He was friendly and sincere in delivering the service.On our checkout day, he checked with us on our flight departure time and helped to book a taxi. Thumbs up!

Keep up the great work! Four Points by Sheraton will definitely be my choice of hotel stay in my future visits to BKK!

• Stayed May 2013
Hi PurpleCrystal,

We are delighted you decided to choose Four Points for your recent visit back to the City of Angels and we are very happy that Four Points Bangkok has left such a positive impression, this is certainly the service and experience we strive to deliver to our guests everyday.

As you have pointed our it is the staff that make the biggest impression and they are the reason a hotel is great and it was wonderful to learn that our team here were able to do just that during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on, especially to Khun Golf.

Thank you again so much for your lovely review and we certainly hope to welcome you back again very very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my second stay at Four Points Sukhumvit, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Bangkok.

The hotel is only a couple of years old, so rooms are very clean, and the lobby is immaculate.

The Beer Vault is a great place for a drink before heading out for the night, and the rooftop bar and pool area is great for sunbathing - and during Songkran they throw a GREAT party!

The location of the hotel is brilliant for the "lively" night areas like Soi Cowboy and Nana, but it's back off Sukhumvit Road far enough so that there's no noise problems in the hotel.

For the value on offer at this hotel, along with the five-star service and cleanliness throughout, I wouldn't go anywhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hi NealWalker,

Welcome back and thank you for your continued support of Four Points Bangkok, we are delighted to read that your second stay was a great as the first. Wonderful to hear you enjoyed our annual Songkran party, we do hope to see you back again next year to celebrate the Thai New Year.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The room is big, wall papered and bath room is large. Has a bath tub in between the bed and the main bathroom separated by a slide- back wooden screen from the main room. Slide back panels to watch tv in main room while soaking in the bath. Generous with bottled water and toiletries, rooms are kept clean. Bed mattress and duvet are crisp white cotton, clean and the pillows are fantastic for a good night sleep. The rooms passed my strict comfort criteria.

Good service at check-in when they graciously extended one
more night at the special rate - on their own, because we have booked one night short by mistake on the Internet booking. No haggling required and that was impressive, and with a smile from the check in staff also.

We had joined the hotel's member card thing before and so got to pick a free extra for the booking - so went for the wifi in room, which otherwise will be a 450 baht extra charge. That is probably the only down point of this hotel as I hate hotels that charge for in room wifi in this day and age.

Location is good, close to Terminal 21 shopping centre and the adjoining Skytrain station Asok. Hotel is located on Soi (Thai for street) 15, right behind the other hotel S15 on the main Sukhumvit road.

Rooftop swimming pool gets sun before 3 pm, after which is shaded by tall buildings nearby. Gym is located in the other wing that you have to access via the ground floor change of lifts.

Good value overall, worth considering if you require the gym and a swimming pool for your holiday hotel stays.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Male_Traveller_SG
Hi Male_Traveller_SG,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for choosing Four Points Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok. We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your recommendations to other travelers, we do appreciate this.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon, in the meantime, travel safe.

Qingdao, China
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure and have always find the service to be excellent. The location is fantastic, close to the sky train, bars and restaurants and many other amenities. The decor is fresh and vibrant and really a pleasure to be around. The staff were wonderful and prompt when responding to all my business needs as well as personal ones. I would recommend to anyone who wants value for money in a prime location. The rooftop pool and bar is also fantastic!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LeahJayne
Hi LeahJayne,

Thank you for again choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bangkok, we are glad to hear that your find our hotel so versatile for both business and leisure trips, this is exactly what the Four Points brand is all about. Thank you for your compliment regarding our team being so wonderful and prompt with your requests. I will be sure to pass this on so they may keep up the great work.

Thank you again, we do look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Found a bargain price for 2 nights, and had the chance to cancel the breakfast for a reduced rate. I grabbed that offer as I was not expecting to wake up early. The hotel is a really good example of how a well run 4 star hotel should be. First impression was very nice with a big and spotless lobby. Staff very helpfull and smiling. The room was great, and I loved the style. All ammenities required in place. This is for sure my favourite hotel in the Sukhumvit area, and one of the better 4 star hotels I have visited in Thailand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JohnBono
Hi JohnBono,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Four Points Bangkok on recent visit to the land of smiles and for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are delighted to read that our team were able to deliver such a great Four Points experience which made your visit here so enjoyable. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for your great review.

Best regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at Aloft Bangkok before and this time, I stayed at Four points by Sheraton Bangkok. I really felt the hotel is very very upmarket and a very very strategic location. Love the ambience, the restaurant and the proximity of the happening places. Would love to come back and stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Sanjaykothari,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Points Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok and thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was wonderful to hear that you found our hotel facilities, location, service and staff to be great. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again.