“Contemporary Rooms and Very Cooperative Staff”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #91 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Chandigarh, India
“Contemporary Rooms and Very Cooperative Staff”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, who are so friendly during check-in and check-out. The friendly lady at the reception even guided me all the way to my room. The rooms are decently sized and look new. The bathrooms are clean and nice with all typical amenities. The locality near the hotel is vibrant during the evening with so many make-shift shops selling T-shirts, toys and what not. It is also very easy to catch a taxi or the sky train (the nearest station is Asok which is just 5 min walk away). The view from the room is average. I am looking forward to stay here once again. Truly, value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi Lagnajeet,

Thank you for staying with us at Four Points Bangkok during your visit through Bangkok, we are glad to hear you found our amazing staff, so amazing, they are truly an asset to the hotel, I will be sure to pass on your wonderful words to them so they keep up the great job.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is located very near the Asoke BTS. It's about 50 yards in from Sukhumvit Rd. on Soi 15. It only takes about 8 minutes to walk to the Asoke BTS and about 10-12 minutes to the Sukhumvit MRT. Terminal 21 (shopping mall) is right beside the Asoke BTS. Soi Cowboy is a a few blocks away. Both the Westin and Sheraton are only 2 blocks away.

The hotel is very conveniently located. You can save a lot of money and time by using the BTS and MRT rather than taxi's and tuk tuk's. So I loved staying here.

The hotel is nice. The lobby is very large and open. They check in and concierge counters are on the left hand side when you enter. They usually have about four workers assisting people. I never really noticed a back up of people at the counters. They have a waiting area to the right with couches. After the counters on the left, they have an internet/business area with complimentary internet access, desks, and work areas. Past that they have the elevators to the pool wing and garden wing. At the end of the lobby, they have their restaurant area which houses two of their restaurants: Wrapped and The Eatery.

I stayed in the garden wing. The two different wings: garden and pool wings, basically mean that one wing has the rooftop pool w/ cocktail lounge and the other wing has a rooftop garden lounge. The garden wing also has their gym. I didn't get a chance to see the garden lounge or use the gym, but I did take a look at the gym. The gym looked clean with treadmills, free weights, and weight machines. I also went up to the pool, took a quick dip, and had a couple drinks. The lounge area on the roof is large with a lot of seating. They serve both drinks and food. The pool was small and very shallow. I think the deepest area was 4 feet. Around the pool, there were reclining lounge seats. and small tables for drinks. It was a nice place to relax during a hot and humid day. The view is also nice.

I stayed in the comfort room. It was very nice and clean. There was fresh fruit waiting for me along with a slice of cake. The room had a desk with chair a small couch, king size bed, flat screen tv, dvd/blu-ray player, luggage platform, small fridge stocked with beer, sparkling water, juice, soda, and a couple candies. The other things available were a couple liquors, dried nuts, condoms, and I'm sure some other things I can't remember. They had complimentary teas, coffee, and about six bottled waters (two in the bathroom, two near the coffee/tea, and two on the nightstand). The closet had robes, iron, ironing board and hair dryer.

The bathroom had separate shower and bathtub. The shower had a rain style shower head that was very nice with good water pressure. The bathtub was large and also had a shower wand. The provided amenities were shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, body lotion, mouthwash, toothbrush kit (toothpaste and toothbrush), shower cap, and vanity kit (cotton balls, cotton swabs, and emery board). The bathroom opened up to the bedroom so you could relax in the bathtub and watch tv. The bathroom also had speakers for the tv and audio channels so you could hear the tv well.

Along with the two restaurants I mentioned on the lobby floor and the cocktail lounge I mentioned on the pool rooftop, the have a beer restaurant with beers from around the world. The Beer Vault is located near the entrance of the lobby. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to eat at any of the restaurants or room service so I can't comment much about the dining options.

The staff was very friendly. They were very nice during check-in and check-out. They even gave me a ride in their tuk tuk to my next hotel which I'll do a review of later. Every time I passed by a maid or employee, they always smiled and welcomed me, "Sawadeeka". Oh yah, and every afternoon, they have complimentary popcorn in the lobby that is popped fresh. Very nice people!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be in a convenient location near the two major metro lines and a large shopping mall with a big food court. The hotel is also near one of the big redlight streets if you want to see some crazy adult scenery. There international restaurants, street food, street vendors, and outdoor bars all around the area. It is a great hotel if you'd like to be in the heart of Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank xbreadboyx
Hi Xbreadboyx,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for choosing Four Points Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok. We are so happy to read that your stay with us was great and the staff, facilities and style of the hotel suits all your needs and expectations. Thank you for recommending us to other TripAdvisor travelers, we certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome them all.

We wish you safe and fun travels.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was my.... I think 5th stay meanwhile and again - I was so happy for choosing this great hotel. A perfect location combined with an excellent service and reasonable pricing. Stay no. 6 is about to come...

Room Tip: Just choose any room the have :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank OliRStuttgart
Hi OliRStuttgart,

We sincerely thank you for your continued support of Four Points Bangkok and for taking the time to again post a review on our hotel. We are delighted to read this stay was as good as your previous 4 stays and we now look forward to welcoming you back for stay number 6…

Travel safe and we will see you soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013

You would never guess this was a Four Points as it is staffed by employees who would be at home in a five star hotel. Accommodations are clean modern and functional. Highly recommended. Staff at front desk went out of their way to be helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hi Phlashba,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok. We are very happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed all our facilities and location. Thank you for comments on our team here, I will be sure to pass this on.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I were on our honeymoon recently and flew in and out of Bangkok. We used the Sheraton Four Points hotel for each end of our stay. We were very pleased with the hotel and I will break down the various areas to make it easier.
Front Desk - Very friendly and helpful staff. Quick and efficient service at all times. They offer a complimentary hotel tuk tuk shuttle to a couple areas but we didn't know this until the end of our trip when we used it to get to the nearby trains with our luggage to the airport.
Restaurant - Excellent service and the daily breakfast buffet is more like a brunch. Lots of lunch selections as well as breakfast. Tons of variety and really fresh food.
Pool - Very attractive pool setup with a DJ on I believe it was Friday nights. Trendy lounge/bar area surrounding the pool
Room - Very clean and comfortable room.
Location - We were very pleased with the location. Right near the train lines, it is pretty simple to get to the airport and back via transit. Walking distance to a shopping mall, and only a couple train stops from other shopping centres. Approx 30 mins taxi to the Grand Palace temple.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for someone looking to explore Bangkok in a central location.

Room Tip: I stayed in both wings of the hotel and found them to be very similar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tropics_11
Hi Tropics_11

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Four Points Bangkok on your recent visits through Bangkok, we are delighted to read that you had a great stay and found our service and location excellent. Thank you for your comments and recommendation on our staff, service and facilities, I will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Thank you for posting your review, we wish you safe and happy travels.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 13, 2013

RECOMMENDED: Nice and relatively new hotel down a quiet street but on the edge of an otherwise busy area.

Some caveats, this area of Bangkok is the origin of all traffic jams in the world and gridlock is the norm here. BUT the hotel is a short walk to 2 major BTS/MRT subway stations providing relatively quick access to other points in Bangkok. If you're not a public transport person (I'd learn real quick in Bangkok though!) this may not be the area for you.

While the brand, Four Points, is normally associated with more modest accommodation in the US, this hotel is very nice and has a boutique feel to it. Rooms are large, bedding is comfortable, bathrooms reasonable size. Staff was pleasant and helpful during our stay.

The hotel buffet is quite good, very nice gym on a top floor and roof top pool and bar area. Yes it's a little pricey, but wander out of the hotel if this bothers you, plenty of options.

I would definitely return to this hotel. Now for some minor notes, more to Sheraton personnel who cruise TripAdvisor:

(1) Sliding door between bath and bedroom - who thought this up? This trend is horrible and I frankly hate hotels that seem to be doing this more and more. I can't think of a single reason why you'd want your bath open to the room for any reason. Even the best of travel partners would appreciate some privacy.

(2) Crazy light switches - I never figured out how to make the lights come on in the room, yes it's trendy, but I don't want to learn how to turn on my lights in the room! We all laughed at the random nature of how the light switches worked.

(3) Flakey Wifi - the Internet itself is quite good (speed), but our various Apple products regularly disconnected from the Wifi (our laptop computers worked fine with no problems).

TIP: Healthland is a large massage/spa (7 floors) 5 minute walk from the hotel (you can see it from some rooms), reasonable prices and despite the airport terminal in the lobby feeling, a very nice experience.

TIP: Check out "The Local" for dinner, it's neither cheap or inexpensive, but good Thai food and a nice level of service/quality and a very nice setting (10 minute walk from hotel and not in a busy area)

TIP: Take the back way to reach Terminal 21 and subway - much less hectic and faster as well. Walk out doors near the restaurant.

TIP: Terminal 21 has a fantastic food court, get a prepaid card (signage for Coupons) and a ton of high quality freshly prepared options for lunch or snack.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank roadwarrior30
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hi Roadwarrier30,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for choosing Four Points Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok. Thank you for recommending us. Thank you for your comments regarding the light switches, we will look in to how perhaps we can better explain these for our future guests and we are currently looking in to the wifi speed and stability. Thank you again for taking the time, I know fellow travelers really appreciate TripAdvisor reviews as do we in the hotel as for us it assists us to continually improve.

We wish you wonderful safe and fun travels.

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was in 2009 when I first went to Bangkok... I stayed in a place near Siam Paragon mall... I heard Sukhumvit is not suitable if you want to go to Bangkok's famous tourist spots so I was really hesistant to go with my spouse... But I was surprised when I came in the hotel... the location was great... very near 2-3 big malls including the awesome Terminal 21 Mall. There are also a lot of nice restaurants near the hotel...

Service was also good... the reception people are very accommodating and they are very helpful too. Breakfast was average but worth the money you paid for it... it was not a very expensive hotel but the amenities and hotel facilities were really good.

We were satisfied with this hotel... We would galdly recommend this to our family/friends who wants a cozy, clean and friendly hotel in Bangkok :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Buchi_HK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Four Points Bangkok on your recent visit to Bangkok, we are delighted to read that you had a great stay and found our service and location excellent, yes Sukhumvit area is quiet different to that of Siam, however, we have everything here, entertainment and now with Terminal 21 some of the best shopping to be found.

Thank you for posting your review, we wish you safe and happy travels.