“4 star with 5 star service”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #84 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“4 star with 5 star service”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

It's always a pleasant experience when one's expectations are surpassed. This was the case when I stayed for 9 nights at this property.
Some experiences which are truly noteworthy:
- woken up by drilling noise late one morning: called the front desk to complain = they actually stopped the work almost immediately!
- upon check-out I was queried on minibar consumption: told them the facts = they never doubted by calling housekeeping to check; most 5 star properties don't take your word for it.
- wanted to go to Healthland (actually a 10 minute walk): doorman asked me if he could take me there via complimentary Tuk Tuk = anticipating a guest's need is a dying art which when not expected, leaves a great impression.
Overall impressed by this little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: The garden wing is quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been staying here for about three weeks now and I love it. The staff is phenomenal and the restaurants and bars are great. It more reminds me of Aloft than a Four Points... more hip than the typical rundown Four Points in the US. For those who have stayed at Four Points in the US, I can guarantee that this is not the typical Four Points. They should change the name :)

The hotel location is convenient for downtown Bangkok. It is 100 yards from Sukhumvit and a short 7 or 8 minute walk to the BTS station. It is very close to the Westin and Sheraton, as well as a soon to be opened Aloft.

SPG Platinum members get free drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 in the nice sports bar in the lobby, along with free internet, room upgrades (I have a suite right now which is really nice), and free breakfast.

I have eaten at every restaurant here and the food overall is good. They have a nice little sandwich shop and bakery. The buffet breakfast is very extensive. Prices are very reasonable for a hotel. The bar on the roof gets busy Thursday - Saturday, and after midnight, it is buy one, get one. The pool on the roof is also very nice, although not recommended if you want to do laps. All the staff is very friendly and since I have been here for a while, they all go out of their way to say hello.

The bed is very comfortable, but the towels are unfortunately typical Four Points. The first room I had, the shower door did not seal properly, so a lot of water would spill out onto the floor, but it was not a huge deal. The only other improvements would be to the wifi and elevators. You constantly have to re-login to wifi and it gets annoying. I have a router to create my own wifi network so it makes it easier for multiple devices, but when I am in the lobby, its an inconvenience. I think that the elevators have a software glitch in the control systems. Sometimes after you press a button, it will light up and the elevator will start moving and then it seems to reset, open on a floor and then you have to select your floor again after inserting the room key. It is very strange and has happened a few times during my stay. One time, I even had to hold the button down until I reached my floor or it would keep resetting.

Overall though, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is a great value for the money. I would suggest going to the hotel website and looking at current deals, you might be able to find a promotion that does not come up when you are searching for hotel prices on spg.com.

Room Tip: There are two elevator banks, one for each building. Depending on what you like, the pool is on one...
1 Thank j19stan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok within 5 months. When I was checking in, realised that the staff seemed a bit miserable (not sure why), but we got our rooms within short period of time anyway.

We were very happy and satisfied with our stay in general, the comments from my parents were very positive as well (was worring about bring older parents to a hip hotel). My mother said she never slept as good in other hotels before.

The breakfast were good and the restaurant staff were very friendly and polite.

I think I will stay at this hotel next time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Wow.....great ambience of the room. An ultra value for money. We stayed two nights and had great stay. Excellent service and very helpful staff.
It will always remain my first choice for Bangkok. We also find the location ideal, close to station, market, indian restaurants.
Enjoyed complimentary drop by TukTuk to station.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We decided to take a short break to Bangkok & we seached the internet for a hotel in Sukhumvit area. This hotel proved to be an excellent choice in all respects. Service was great, with friendly & helpful staff. The room was immaculately clean, spacious and smelled fresh.. truly "non-smoking", which is hard to find in most hotels in our experience.
The pool & bar were great, but the weather wasn't so kind while we were there, so we didn't have much opportunity to use them.
The restaurant's name "Eatery" maybe suggests a basic cafe-type, but in fact the breakfast buffet was excellent. A very wide choice for almost all tastes..again attended by helpful & pleasant staff.

We can thoroughly recommend this hotel and we will most certainly be booking again for future visits!

Room Tip: We were on a low floor in the Garden Wing....very quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I spent one week there as part of my business trip, Hotel location is right in the middle of centre of night life destination of Bangkok I believe. but you will stuck in traffic where ever else you want to go. better walk around than sitting in car for ages.
I was in Junior Suit, room was ok, with big bathtub. very clean and nice well kept.
It has infinity swimming pool at the top with a bar. also one bar at the lobby. Only one restaurant where you also get your breakfast there!!
Rooftop bar is closed on Mondays!!! I dont know why !?
You have to pay for internet to use at your room! which is not also cheap!

When you go out at night, you will see lots of working ladies approach you!! :S

At the end, I did not find anything good with this hotel, however still see many other branded ones around which this one is good value for money.

2 Thank HesamSaroukhani
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed only 2 nights for a business trip and in general I had a good impression about this hotel. Rooms (SPG floor) are wide enough well refurbished and decorated everything in the rooms were working properly and functional; also lobby and common areas were perfect, friendly and fast the level of service. The only spots I found were the room internet connection with fee (charge is about 450 Bath per day) but is free in the lobby and nearest common areas and the noise coming from the nearest night club that I could hear in my room until 1 am. The breakfast buffet huge and good quality; I did not have enough time to esteem gym and swimming pool. In any case I recommend this hotel.