“Good location for the price”

KC Place Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #97 of 1,415 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel is located from a 2 minute walk from the Airport express station, which was the best part of Hotel. Although it was far from the main attractions of the city, but finding a transport from there was not difficult. It is good for a one night stay without family.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Pratik204

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My mum and I stayed at KC place for 4 days.

Staff: The staff seemed terribly dull and unwelcoming on our first day. We were quite put off. However, there were different staff members for the next 3 days and I would say that they are not chatty but very helpful in pointing out directions efficiently and very accommodating thereafter.

Rooms: The room was large and vey comfortable. Excellently clean and this was really a great factor. The toilet, though, is very tiny for some reason. There is also no lift serving the 2nd floor and flight of steps can be quite steep with all the shopping bags for people with leg problems.

Location: Location is great as the wholesale markets, train station and food places are very close by and accessible.

Restaurant: My mum and I found the food to be really fab and again the couple calling the shots at the restaurant are really nice. Not chatty, but very nice and efficient.

Massage: I didn't try the massage but my mum swore by their massage.

Overall: Worth staying again.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher than the 2nd floor as it has no lift serving that particular floor. Try their m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vanessa Z
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Staff Mr Peter very helpful. Free wifi in rooms, toilet small but clean. Strategic location, walking distance to shopping, Baiyoke, Pratunam wholesale market behind.
Walk down from hotel, taxi stand by the side.
Hotel restaurant, food is good, reasonable. Breakfast, walk across Ratchaphrarop Rd for fried cruellers, soya drink. Walk ahead, across Petchaburi Rd, corner shop for (Wan Than mee soup) noodle or spicy noodle soup. Then walk ahead to Big C, Isetan, Central world. Take tuktuk from Big C to MBK centre for more shopping. Good food court upper level
MBK, buy B200 coupon card to purchase any food(refund balance fr refund counter). Mango rice 3 diff flavors good.
Taxi fare fr Don Meung aport to kc place B200 +B100 toll.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank talucinda
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Terrible customer service. When me and my family checked in, the hotel staff was very rude and unfriendly. She even brushed us off when a few more questions were asked. Then, when we went out on the second day at 9.30am and returned at 3pm, the room was not cleaned and made up despite us putting up the 'make up room' sign. When we called the reception, the reason they gave us was 'we didnt go to your level'. This made us really unhappy and upset. I find this very unacceptable. So if you have plans to stay here, please cancel your reservation. This is a super crappy hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank PandaKalzz
Reviewed May 26, 2014

+ Good points:
The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed in a standard room with balcony and was very pleased with the comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The bathroom was a little small but had glass door to separtate with the toilet and the sink so don't worry too much about a wet bathroom.

About location and transportation, near KC is the Baiyoke hotel, where the taxi driver park their vehicle, so you can contact them anytime, or just get outside and catch a random taxi. There were a lot of market, small shops, food vendors near the hotel. It also costs you about 15 minutes to go to the Siam shopping center. Information about some remarkable places, their location, timing (compared btw walking or travelling via taxi) can be found in the brochure inside the room of the hotel.

Too bad that our time in Thailand was limited, so we did not have the chance to try the Thai massage, but I noticed that there was one massage shop right next to KC. :)

- Minor flaws:
Maybe because the hotel is trying to 'save the energy' that they does not install so many lights in the room. The bedroom was a little bit dark and we had to open the curtain to get some sunlight in order to read small texts.

100 bath/day for Wifi, I think it should be free. Even an old hotel in Hai Phong city of Vietnam can offer us free Wifi which is much faster than Wifi in KC.

Room Tip: We actually book through the official website of KC. Just remember that the room you book may have n...
2  Thank Linh_Kun
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed 5 nights. The place is very clean (dust-free if I may, they're always sweeping and polishing), the rooms are well furnished - although the television is outdated. The bed was very comfortable. The aircon can take a while to cool the room though.
The staff are very efficient and the cafe connected to the hotel serves good food at good prices.

The location is wonderful (just a hundred meters away from the Airport Rail Link) and within walking distance of Siam, or if the heat is too much, one stop from Phaya Thai Station and two stops from Siam. The wi-fi, as in pretty much everywhere in Thailand, is a bugger. Only one device can be connected at a time and entering the username and the password is a hassle.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Katja S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I travel to Bangkok about every 2 months and I have been staying here since 2012, even before they had the new block. I have stayed at least 7 times with them and i'm now even friends with the massage place just downstairs.

You would have thought their staff would actually remember the regulars, i stayed at myhotel CMYK@ Ratchada for 2 times, and they remember me as a returning customer. But hospitality like this are not offered here.

Things have changed since the early days of KC Place.

In the past, you will book either a Standard/Deluxe Room. A Deluxe room can mean that you can stay at the newer building that has LCD TVs and a brighter touch with newer furnishing. They are now more calculative, and they sell you rooms like Standard/Standard Plus/Deluxe/Deluxe Family etc. AND I ASSURE YOU THERE IS NO DIFFERENCES IN THESE ROOMS except for the Family rooms which can be inter-connected.

Then when i checked in on the first day, they gave me a room on the second floor. My mom hated it, because the lift doesn't go to that floor and her legs hurt when she takes stairs and at night locals drinking in the neighborhood created noise. We asked not to be give a room on the second floor when we return 2 nights later after our trip to Hua Hin, but they gave us again a room on second floor. Even after explaining my mom's condition, they did nothing.

Instead, they asked us to pay 400baht/night to get a Deluxe Room if we wanted to stay on other rooms.

On a side note, one of the staff said Standard Room is till 3rd Floor(which we are fine with as well), but another staff said its only for 2nd Floor. When i ask about Cancellation Policy, they said "You can Cancel but cannot Refund".

I paid for the upgrade because my mom needed it, and i realised that staying here for S$60 is a tad' expensive.

On top of that, at S$60 i can find a better place to stay in the area. For eg. Hotel Vista Express, Citin Pratunam, Lemon Tea Hotel. You may even pay slightly more(about S$20) and stay at a more luxurious place like Berkeley Hotel or Baiyoke Sky. I could have also stayed a room double the size and with a bathtub at myhotel CMYK@ Ratchada. It's not price-worthy anymore.

I sincerely thought that they would have made a gesture of goodwill for my mom, I guess alot more hotels would if they had available rooms. They didn't and all they think about is only about MONEY. I do not think that anyone would like to stay at a place where no proper hospitality is offered and no proper service is given.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same except for the Family Rooms which can be connected.
4  Thank hhtebaz