“Bad Service”

KC Place Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #85 of 1,346 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I travel to Bangkok about every 2 months and I have been staying here since 2012, even before they had the new block. I have stayed at least 7 times with them and i'm now even friends with the massage place just downstairs.

You would have thought their staff would actually remember the regulars, i stayed at myhotel CMYK@ Ratchada for 2 times, and they remember me as a returning customer. But hospitality like this are not offered here.

Things have changed since the early days of KC Place.

In the past, you will book either a Standard/Deluxe Room. A Deluxe room can mean that you can stay at the newer building that has LCD TVs and a brighter touch with newer furnishing. They are now more calculative, and they sell you rooms like Standard/Standard Plus/Deluxe/Deluxe Family etc. AND I ASSURE YOU THERE IS NO DIFFERENCES IN THESE ROOMS except for the Family rooms which can be inter-connected.

Then when i checked in on the first day, they gave me a room on the second floor. My mom hated it, because the lift doesn't go to that floor and her legs hurt when she takes stairs and at night locals drinking in the neighborhood created noise. We asked not to be give a room on the second floor when we return 2 nights later after our trip to Hua Hin, but they gave us again a room on second floor. Even after explaining my mom's condition, they did nothing.

Instead, they asked us to pay 400baht/night to get a Deluxe Room if we wanted to stay on other rooms.

On a side note, one of the staff said Standard Room is till 3rd Floor(which we are fine with as well), but another staff said its only for 2nd Floor. When i ask about Cancellation Policy, they said "You can Cancel but cannot Refund".

I paid for the upgrade because my mom needed it, and i realised that staying here for S$60 is a tad' expensive.

On top of that, at S$60 i can find a better place to stay in the area. For eg. Hotel Vista Express, Citin Pratunam, Lemon Tea Hotel. You may even pay slightly more(about S$20) and stay at a more luxurious place like Berkeley Hotel or Baiyoke Sky. I could have also stayed a room double the size and with a bathtub at myhotel CMYK@ Ratchada. It's not price-worthy anymore.

I sincerely thought that they would have made a gesture of goodwill for my mom, I guess alot more hotels would if they had available rooms. They didn't and all they think about is only about MONEY. I do not think that anyone would like to stay at a place where no proper hospitality is offered and no proper service is given.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same except for the Family Rooms which can be connected.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank hhtebaz

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My second stay in KC Place within a year and 2 months. It definitely did not disappoint me. Service was even better than the last time I have remembered. Budget at its best, the price I paid far exceeds the value and experience I had. Staff is friendly and always getting ready to help.

Location was great, just behind Baiyoke Sky Hotel and next to the airport rail link station. My brother and I woke up at 6am to visit the Pratunam Morning Market (opens 4-9am outside Baiyoke Sky Hotel) and returned the hotel at 9am to rest and wash up before starting our day, how convenient! Platinum Fashion Mall was 10-15 minute walk, however the walk there was not boring at all, plenty of roadside stalls to see. Cabs and tuk tuks are easily available right outside our hotel if you want to go anywhere further.

I will definitely be back!

Keep up with the hospitable culture! :)

Room Tip: 1000 Baht is needed for deposit upon check-in, you can use your credit card to hold if you might not...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 99blueroses
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My Wife and I together with our 2 Teenage Kids stayed at KC Place for 3 nights. We booked a family room, which consisted of 2 double rooms connected to each other through a door. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were comfortable and had the necessary amenities. The toilets were also very clean, albeit quite small. The restaurant had a good choice of Thai and western style meals, which were value for money. The staff, especially Mr. Peter at the front desk and also the bell boy were very helpful. Only drawback, which prevented me from giving 5 stars was the approach road and location, which was somewhat shabby. However, I had no issue with the safety and security of my family. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Hiranya G
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a well-run small hotel close to Pratunam market. My room was on the small side but was good value. The bed was very good. The only problem is the noise. The ceilings are low, the corridors are narrow, the doors are heavy and the floors are wood/laminate, so the construction of the building serves to amplify noise. Noise from adjacent rooms was mildly annoying but really noisy local guests in the corridor at 2.30 am was not acceptable. The noise continued for 20 minutes. I don't know why they bother with all the CCTV if they don't use them to monitor the night time noise. As a farang one knows it is not advisable to ask Thais to keep the noise down (they don't take kindly to comments from foreigners) so you have to cover your ears and wait for them to settle down.

The hotel is located close to the airport link station at Ratchaprarop but it is too far to walk with big bags. Leaving from the hotel, there are taxis available nearly opposite through the pedestrian gate (the taxis are in a waiting area for fares from the Bayoke Sky hotel) but these taxis will not use the meter. It is easy to walk to the end of the soi, turn right and hail a passing taxi and, if you have bags at the hotel, have him turn left into the soi to collect your bags. Most passing taxis will use the meter. If one will not, just let him go and hail the next one.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Frannk982
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is my second time back in KC Place. The first time was a 4 days trip to Bangkok. And KC Place was a great experience! Although I did not spend much time in the hotel (as most of time I was out shopping and exploring), I found this place really accommodating. The staff were friendly and spoke good English.

Firstly, one plus point about this hotel was that there was an affordable massage place just below the Hotel. The owner of the massage parlour is very friendly and helpful. He provided us with many tips and recommendations. Also, they provide room massages at a minimal fee. It was really awesome that you could massage and sleep immediately after that. :D

KC Place is also nearby to many of the shopping areas such as Platinum and maybe about 5 minutes tuk-tuk ride to Siam Square. In the wee hours of the morning (5am~), there is this huge market selling cheap clothes (nice dresses) outside Baiyoke Hotel. At night, it transformed into a long stretch of night market with the famous coconut ice cream and mango salad :P!

The second trip was similar to the first and it was really heart-warming when the owner of the massage parlour recognized me and my friend!

Great service and location! I definitely will be back! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank thaleeah
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent 3nights here as a group at this hotel.
Its location is excellent for shopping and being in the middle of everywhere but still located away from everything as its down a little alley.
Staff were polite and spoke good English.Had to pay a 1000baht deposit which you get back when you check out if you havent used anything extra (Note they only give you a roll of toilet paper as they have the watre spray to use. So you dont really need much more that a roll).
Room was decent with a queen bed (Bed was firm), tv, aircon(was excellent aircon which cooled the roll really fast), decent bathroon with a shower and toilet and basic toiletries, a bar fridge, a kettle and 2 free bottles of water a day.
Cafe has small but nice wetern and thai food. Massage place is nice. Can book for them to come to your room :) Laundry place is a rip off though. They charge per item.
Try they coconut icecream and fruit stands which are always outside the hotel during the day. They are delicious!!
Check out was a breeze.
Their tour desk is so helpful and has great yours available. They will also book you transfers or a taxi to the airport if you need it.
Really catered to our large group which I am very thankful for.
Only thing I would say that was bad was the soundproofing of the rooms. Theres NONE. LOLLL. But nothing the TV and aircon going wont fix if u want to drown out the hallway noise,
We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natasha C
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed at KC Place for 2-nights in February 2014.
Woody from the hotel sent very useful directions of route to take from Suvarnabhumi airport by train to the hotel
it was easy . The train took only 40 mins and a 5 min walk from the station to the KC Place.
The check in was easy and the staff very friendly.
The hotel is clean and tidy and well located for many attractions.
The KC Place is located in a side street and there is very little through traffic.
The rooms are decent but the shower/toilet area is a little cramped.
There is no provision for breakfast but a very good restaurant is attached to the hotel.
On our departure Peter on reception ordered a taxi for Don Mueang airport for our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple