“Clean, tidy and well located... Got what we paid for”

KC Place Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #86 of 1,300 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This will only be a quick review...
We've just spent a night at this hotel.
Its reasonably well located and reasonably priced. We paid 1500bht for a superior/deluxe room 'plus'.
For this we had a nice little room, though spacious enough, with TV, AC and a small but fully functional bathroom.
Staff were polite and spoke good English.
As part of the 'plus' we each had a choice of a 30min massage at a place next to the hotel.
Only thing to fault would be that the AC seemed to stop (presumably on an auto timer) part way through the night, which meant i woke up boiling hot...
If you've read this review you know you can plan ahead!
I'd stay again...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
KC_Place, General Manager at KC Place Hotel Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear my_holiday_reviewed,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us during your stay in Bangkok.
I would like to apologize for the problem with the AC, it is not on auto timer and should have not stopped in the middle of the night.

Please kindly contact us at reservation@kcplacebangkok.com, once we can identify the room, we will be able to fix this issue. To Thank you for pointing out this problem, please accept a FREE UPGRADE for your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Before I start writing my review, I have to say that KC Place have provided more than I had initially expected. They really deserve the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. And do take note I booked at the wrong date (2 dates later of my arrival at Bangkok) and I had to spend more money booking another accommodation for 2 nights prior to my stay at KC Place. We travelled as a family of 4.

KC Place was more famous that I initially thought as I read through older reviews all over the internet with people complaining that taxi drivers are unable to find the location (as it was situated in an alley). The moment I told the driver it is in the vicinity of Baiyoke Sky Tower they instantly knew my destination as I depart from the previous hotel located in Yaowarat (Chinatown).

I shall start with the check in procedure. The two receptionist spoke decent English with typical Malaysian/Singaporean slang (probably they were pretty used to encounter Singlish/Manglish speakers over there). I noticed they were lots of luggage parked at the side of the hall with names and room numbers on it. The receptionist explained that those luggage are belonged to occupants awaiting to be checked in or had already checked out and wanted to do a last minute shopping. Since we booked a family room, we were given the privilege to check in early rather than the standard 2PM check in time. The bell boy took our luggage to the opposite building which I initially thought it was upstairs and I placed our luggage near the stairways.

Both the lobby and the walkway had lots of CCTV cameras that pretty much covers every corner of the building. Which gave us a peace of mind. Up a flight of stairs, before reaching the elevator there is where you need to tap your room card in order to gain access to the elevator or another flight of stairs to the 2nd floor (or 1st floor for you Americans) another thumbs up for their security.

Our family room was located at the last room of the corridor on the 2nd floor. At least there will be lesser people walking pass our doors. The corridor wasn't carpeted and neither the rooms are making lots of noise whenever one walks along the corridor (will mention about the bad soundproofing and being woke up by the sound of opening and closing doors and the sound of footsteps in a few paragraphs). Room doors requires tapping of the security card to gain access.

The rooms were adjoined as there was a door to gain access to each of the rooms. The air-conditioning cooled the room pretty fast and each room provided 2 bottles of drinking water. Both rooms had a hair-dryer and a kettle to boil water. Toiletries such as shampoo and soap were provided. One room had 2 single beds and the other had a queen bed instead. Both rooms had obsoleted CRT TVs rather then the common LCD. There was a safe in each rooms but do take note the staffs are able to open the safe by a simple scan of their keys as there was once I attempted to unlock the safe too many times with the wrong password and requested the staffs to reset the password. Beds are pretty had and suited my preference, however the pillows are too soft and I had to sleep with 2 of them. The lighting was pretty dark as the lights were 3 LEDs rather of the typical CFL; glaring to look at but it doesn't light up the room well. The bathroom had more height as compared to the pictures of the old building's but its still pretty minimalistic and no extra space for another person to be in the bathroom. The soundproofing of the doors are really bad, like I mentioned earlier on, I wasn't able to get quality slumber due to the noise outside during wee hours in the morning. Despite being next to one of Bangkok's most crowded spots, it was considerably serene in the apartments.

The cafe serves both local and western dishes at quite an affordable price. Next doors will be a massage centre which I don't really recommend and a quite overpriced laundry that charges per garment rather than the weight of the laundry.

The location of KC Place is what I love the most. A short walk to the Airport Rail Link makes getting around Bangkok an ease, allowing us to have an alternative from taking taxies that barely knows Bangkok and getting stucked in the never ending jam downtown. And it allowed us to get to the airport in time with ARL's top speed of 160KM/H (100MPH). Walking through the Baiyoke Sky Tower's small entrance opposite of KC Place will get you to the famous Platinum Fashion Mall, on the way you will pass to the Sky Tower, Sky Tower market (plenty of nice clothing for ladies) and cross the road via the overhead pass to reach Platinum Fashion Mall. Walk down even more, you' find yourself at the world's 6th largest mall - Centralworld

I had also accidentally left my cellphone (a HTC Wildfire) in the safe as the room was pretty dark and my black phone sort of blended in to the safe's background, took the 2 other phones and left that behind and only discovered when I flew back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Luckily the hotel had kept it with them and I happen to have a bunch of friends who are accommodating in KC Place to collect it for me. Another thumbs up from me for the staff of KC Place's honesty.

I will be back whenever I am in Bangkok

*Malaysian and Singaporean friends, you have to try Sabx2 Wanton Mee located around KC Place.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the main building. Its quieter there without the school next to it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DarrenFoopower

Dear DarrenFoopower,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are very delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for pointing out the little inconvenience that we trying to work on improving such as soundproofing.

However, I wanted to specify that not every employee has the ability to open our customer safe, only higher level employee can open safe after authorization from the management team and that every time the safe is opened using the master card, it is being electronically recorded.

As you experienced it, KC Place is just like a family, our employees are trustworthy and have high Ethic.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are planing shopping at the malls or you want get fast to Airport this hotel has the best location. Hotel is 2 min walking to train station and close to all big shopping centres. Very clean rooms, friendly staff and cheap price makes this place worth the recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Daria M,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are very delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and recommended us on Tripadvisor.

We hope to you will choose to stay with us again for your future stay in Bangkok.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

KC Place is well located as its short distance to Train. A short distance to the Pratunam market area and Platinum mall.

However, the hotel's toilet was too small and ceiling was kinda low.

Everything still alright. The staffs were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Daria M,

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very well located, right at the cemtre of Bangkok city.
The hotel staff are friendly and accomodating and are willing to help as much as possible where they can.

The hotel is also very conveniently (less than 5 minutes walk) located by the airport bts sky train. This is very easy to find. A taxi can be arranged to mbk for very small fee.

The rooms are large enough to accommodate two people and the bathroom is adequate.

There is free wifi and aircon is fantastic.
Overall stay: Good -I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Saul T,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I highly recommend KC Place to my family and friends. I stayed at Baiyoke Boutique in 2011 and this time I chose KC Place. Location is almost the same, as KC Place has a shortcut through the bus station to reach Pratunam market area. It's just a 2 minutes walk.
I like the staffs and receiptionist at KC Place. They are so courteous and helpful. The receptionist lady speaks good English and were very helpful and directed us the way to our destination. She always reminded us to be careful with our bags!
Room is big for the 3 of us, with enough space to put our luggages and shopping rewards!
Toilet is clean too. Bed is comfortable to me.
Good security system! We have to scan the room card at the door before the lift.

Good choice for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at the Restaurant at KC Place! We had 2 breakfast meals and 2 dinners there. Pad Thai, Som tam, green curry chicken, pineapple fried rice, all these never dissapoint us.
Do order their fresh fruit juices too!

Massage is just next to the restaurant. Reasonable pricing and experience masseurs. Clean and comfortable too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Car2Joy
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Im not quite sure how to rate this hotel.

its cheap, accessible by train, walking distance to platinum mall, and the restaurant at the hotel is reasonably priced and tasted pretty good. There's also a massage parlour just downstairs.

It being a budget hotel means you really need to adjust your expectation. It's located in a back alley so do move around in a group. The walls are thin and anyone walking by or talking (normal volume) can be a nuisance (I'm sure we were too to some extent).

Would I stay here again? I'm really not sure. It's not too bad a place to stop by but I might try others next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends