“KC PLACE - Safe and Trustworthy place to stay”

KC Place Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #84 of 1,347 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Name: ARUN , and I stayed in Kc place 3 nights 20-5-2012 to 23-5-2012.
LOCATION:This was my first stay here. I was little bit worried about finding the hotel, but we dont have to worry about it, it can be reached within f minutes from the airport rail link, Ratchaprarop Station. I advice all travellers to prefer train from Suvarnabhumi Airport (City Line) which leads upto phayathai station, but dont get into express train which does not stop at Ratchaprarop station. Travellers should come down from the station and walk on Ratchaprarop Road towards South and take right hand turn just next to Romeo Juliet Tailor shop which is on the right side when you walk. You can simply notice the hotel as you get into the street within a minute.
HOTEL: it is very decent for the price we pay. Though the beds are little bit hard, but it was not so hard that you will miss your sleep. We had very good and sound sleep in this hotel. Cleaning staff comes during the time we go out but you can trust them, they just clean, change your bed sheets and wash bathrooms and go out, thats all. You can find your belongings very safe there. Bath room is small , that is due to the glass partition to seperate toilet bowl and bathing area. I think that does not matter (what are we going to do in toilets and bathroom to have very large space ). Hotel is safe for the visitors.
STAFF: Some people write Staffs are terrible, I dont think so, it depends upon how the travellers behave with them. I suggest all guests: hotel and things inside (be valuable or not) the room is not ours, we have every responsbility to safeguard the things around us. If everybody keeps it in mind all hotel staff will be good for them. I always saw one gettleman and 2 ladies with smiling face. During night time there was one gettleman who speaks less good english, that all , nothing bad. I asked them one kettle, since they did not have stock that moment, they gave me next day morning. I asked them to guide me purchase electric kettle, that gentleman (I dont know his name) suggested me where to go and buy. It is ok
RESTAURANT: They have thai food and other items. It was decently priced. I bought chicken fried rice and bottle of Beer, I paid less than 200 bhats. Restaurant closes sharply at 10 pm. so finish everything before 9.30 pm. I am from INDIA, so the taste may or may not be suitable for all the people, but it is ok and very clean.
BEWARE: I forgot to take food on time during a night, when I came down they restaurant was closed. So I walked to Ratchaprarop road to find some hotels, Be careful at street corner in late night because you can find a TUK-TUK and its driver at the right hand side whose intention is to take us to a night club or lady (he is having a lady photo also). Dont trust them, their intention is to get commission at the place where he takes us to. I noticed two fellows just coming to me and showing lady photos, please avoid them. your secuiry is with yourself. at that time there were not much hotels opened except a useless Indian Restaurant who gave me a stupid food for 150 bhats(for this price you can have decent food in the hotel restaurant).
CONCLUSION: I recomend this hotel to all guest who wish find value for they pay

Room Tip: You can take any room, all are clean and decent
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank myarun
KC_Place, General Manager at KC Place Hotel Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear ARUN,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience. We enjoyed being your host during you stay in Bangkok.
We are very pleased knowing that you will remember about bangkok and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We have used this hotel pure as a stopover in Bangkok. The hotel is perfectly situated on walking distance from the skytrain and airport rail-link. Staff is friendly and the hotel and rooms are clean.

I won't stay in this hotel for more than 1 night though. The rooms are dark, small and bleak. Our room had the hardest mattress I have ever slept on; not very comfortable. We had to pay 100 Baht for wifi, which I found a bit crazy when you already pay 1000+ baht per night for the room.

All in all a fine hotel for a stopover or a short stay, but if you're looking for a place with more atmosphere there are better options in Bangkok

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bart H

Dear BAVDHA,

Thank you so much for your review.
We will take your opinion in improving our services.
We hope you visit us again during your next stop in Bangkok

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed 3 nights w/ mother and sister. The hotel (actually it was called serviced apartment) was clean w/ complete room amenities, but a bit noisy during the day because there's a school next to the building. At that time the students had ceremony and the female students had cheerleader practice. During break time, we heard some laughters and shouts. If you don't need to take a rest in the room during the day, it's not a problem.
The apartment had no triple sharing, so we were forced to book 2 rooms for 3 people. The receptionist was nice, and the old man (probably the owner) spoke English very well. Housekeeping staff and bell boys were helpful.
It might not be easy to find this apartment as you have to walk into about 15 meters from the main road. However, it's just behind the highest hotel Baiyoke Suite. There's a small door connecting the bus parking area next to Baiyoke Suite and this apartment.
There was one food stall in front of the apartment, and the food was really good. It cost around THB 50 - 70. We had breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner here. Twice we picked up some ingredients from their stock by ourselves, and let her cook. Lots of fun! And she spoke pretty good English too. I mean she could understand what we ordered well.
When you need to go shopping, just walk thru the connecting door. It's about 5' walk and you'll find a lot of things along the street from morning till night. It's called Pratunam Clothes Market. At night time if you walk further, you can find lots of food stalls along the road. Various selections to meet your appetite!
If you need to take a day tour, you'd better go to travel agent directly. There're some agents a few meters from Baiyoke Suite. If you book thru the apartment, you may have to pay more due to some commission for the apartment owner.
Last but not least, it's less than 10' to reach the airport rail link station. Very convenient if you would like to try the airport rail link!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear FRANCISCA,

Thank you so much for your review and your tips. We enjoyed being your host during you stay in Bangkok.

Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a great location in siam, it is about a 2 minute walk to the airport rail link which links to the sky train one stop away to take u all over Bangkok. Rooms were spacious, clean and modern. Shower was good and so was the wifi. The restaurant in the hotel was a good cheap eat too. All in all a good choice

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank anilchavan

Dear ANILCHAVAN,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your feedback.
We enjoyed being your host during you stay in Bangkok.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

- stayed here from 24 - 26 April 2012. Very clean and spacious, the room looks exactly like the pictures shown in their website :-)
- Lovely staffs, kind and friendly. The staff helped me and my mom carried our luggage up and down the stairs. The guard is also super nice. Give us tips on shopping and how to take care of our safety.
- Nice tasty and cheap foods at their cafe.
- I'm so touched and happy staying there, they are always smiling and helpful.
- Very near to Ratchaprarop station (Airport City Line rail link), Pratunam Market, Indra Square. I even walked to Platinum Mall, Siam Paragon, Big C, etc from the hotel with my 61 years old mom
- Honest staffs and super decent place... double thumbs up for them!! :-))

Room Tip: The place is perfect, room at the end is quieter I think. But we slept soundlessly and peacefully ha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nohano

Dear NOHANO,

Thank you so much for your review. We enjoyed being your host during you stay in Bangkok.
Thank you for sharing your tips and positive review.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our room was really spacious and clean, with a fridge and 2 free bottles of water per day. Well located for the airport rail link and good value for money.

Unfortunately, despite the lovely room this hotel was really let down by its staff. There was one lady in particular on reception who was a real misery guts to say the least. When we arrived we were asked to put down a 500 baht deposit for the room key (this should really be made known in advance). Being our last night of holiday we didn't have that sort of cash left and asked if we could leave something else e.g. passport or credit card on the basis that if we lost the key we could pay the 500 baht on card. They insisted it had to be cash and eventually accepted some uk sterling I happened to have. We were also woken by a call from the same receptionist in the morning reminding us that check-out was at 12pm. We knew this as the time was noted on our booking.com paperwork and the receipt they gave us when we checked in and bearing in mind we had arrived very late the night before we weren't impressed to be woken up for that. She reminded us yet again when we went downstairs to ask a question (answer was 'computer says no' - of course they couldn't give us some boiling water when they have a contract with the restaurant/cafe next door) and we got the distinct impression they were hoping we would check-out early as they had other people arriving - but that is not our problem. These are just a couple of examples of the general attitude - they were on the whole unfriendly and unhelpful and as a result, I would neither recommend the hotel nor stay here again. In addition the rooms were not at all sound-proofed and were very noisy with people coming back late at night and leaving early in the morning which was not conducive to a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julia_London_2012

Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are sorry that you had some issue with the staff.
We thank you for giving us your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to be your choice of stay in Bangkok.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great little family hotel ...rooms great and spacious with all the amenities. Super for shopping or going to the airport by sky train it getting around by sky train. Only downfall have to pay for wifi and if 2 people have to buy another wifi access. Charge more for the rooms but please give me wifi so I will not have to sign in everytime I want to use it. I will come back anytime ..great value

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Monika C

Dear CRAPFOODBITES,

Thank you for your feedback about the WIFI issue. We will take it in consideration to improve our services.