“Its should be called "Hyde and sorry sorry sorry!!!"”

Hyde & Seek Gastro Bar
Ranked #716 of 11,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bangkok, Thailand
“Its should be called "Hyde and sorry sorry sorry!!!"”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

So I went for diner with my friend on a Monday night, restaurant not busy and plenty of staff rolling around.

The nightmare started when the server was taking the order and approaching uncomfortably to my face… We asked her how many scallops come per order, she runned away and called an “English speaking server”. Same question asked and she said: Is ok, very good! :/

Anyway, we both ended up having a burger because the server could not suggest anything out the menu. I’m talking about answering something simple, like: I’m very hungry, what do you recommend? Zero up-selling skills...

About 10-12 mins after the order was taken nobody approached to our table and we were a bit hungry. I saw all the tables around us had bread buns and butter except ours. I asked/reminded the waiter if we could get some bread… She said, ohhh sorry sorry!

By the time she came back with the bread she met the food runners on our table at the same time, and by WOW surprise starters and main course arrived at the same time?

I asked her why she brought all the order at once, she said sorry sorry once again….

We ended up having the bread buns and butter, we shared ONE! Scallop, and the burgers. It ridiculous to have a nice establishment, well designed and comfortable with such a poor service. Besides it hurts to pay that amount of money to receive that attention. I rather have a noodle soup on the sidewalk where I know what to expect from the service.

Certainly not the best first experience, I will definitely do not recommend to anyone to go to a place where they have ZERO STANDARDS and have no idea of the existence of a Service Sequence.

I really do not imagine how they manage to handle busy nights, after experiencing an easy Monday service with plenty of staff. It must be an awful amount amount of sorry’s???

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Liked it, except the French fries”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My first visit and I really enjoyed. We sat at the bar and service was very good. And they have Hoegaarden on tap!!!!

I had the fresh oysters, which were excellent and the steak. Steak was very good but they need to change the oil they used for the French fries, it tasted old. My friend had the mussels which were also very good.

I am not a cocktail drinker but my friend rated them highly and the bar staff seemed to know what they were doing.

I will be back even though the place is not axactly cheap.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cool place to chill in BKK”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went there this weekend to meet up with friends.

It is located with easy access from the Pleonchit BTS station ... only few minutes walk.

The place has indoor and out door seatings. Outdoor is by the road (Ruamrudee Rd) and would be nice during the cooler months! While indoor seatings ... can be at the bar or bar stools seatings and normal table seatings. The atmosphere and ambience is pretty nice ... cozy lighting and nice decor.

Good selection of drinks.

Food also pretty good. We ordered the Diver SCALLOP CRUDO and caesar salad for starter. The salad was ok but the scallop was very good.

We shared the main course which was steak, "The TOMAHAWK" ... we had half cooked medium rare and another half medium ... the steak was very juicy, tender and tasty ... very good. The portion is for sharing and good for 2-3 pax, with roast potatoes and brussels sprouts.

For desserts, we ordered Jasmine flower FLAN which was very tasty and unique, Melting CHOCOLATE-Nutella SOUFFLÉ which you can just keep on eating, and Peach Melba CHEESE CAKE which was ok.

The service could not match the food. We also ordered a bottle of wine but our first selection was no available and took them over 10 minutes before they told us. The second bottle also took time. The staff were polite but seemed unsure which was a bit disappointing.

However, I would still recommend for the food experience.

Expect to pay a bit more than average but for us it was worth it.

“Fab”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really good gastro pub, great atmosphere, lovely staff and the food was well presented .
Very good value and lively atmosphere

Visited July 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first time visit . The first impression was nice, i liked the ambiance and decor. I enjoyed the DJ music that night, it was entertaining.

Food: I like a menu choice where i feel like i want to eat so many things there - that was the case. We ordered the fish Crudo, fresh and tasty but so small, i thought it was an amuse bouche! we also ordered the Pork ribs, excellent and highly recommended. Then we ordered the duck which was very nicely cooked and the surf and turf. Nice idea but the scallop ravioli is a too chewy. For dessert I choose the peanut jelly, as it seemed intriguing on the menu but the jelly was so hard, i cut the biscuit on top without breaking it.I just did not get it, I would recommend the chef to weight his agar agar before using it!

Drink: We had beers, I would have liekd wine but i was presented with a wine list so did not have the chance to try any of them!

Service: It was fine except that you better make sure to watch your plate if you have not finish it before anyone walks in and pick it up - That is what happened to our table!

Overall, we will come back, and try out many other dishes and enjoy the seating outside as well.

• Visited July 2013