“Good food & good service”
Review of Rib Room & Bar

Rib Room & Bar
Ranked #303 of 12,096 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: RIB ROOM Grills and steaks, 31st floor Our award-winning rooftop restaurant specializes in steakhouse favorites and a long list of gourmet French cuisine prepared by the hotel's Executive Chef in cutting-edge kitchens. Dinner are offered the choice of set menus or a la carte menu specialising in exquisite selection of beef, Japanese Wagyu Ohmi Beef, Australian grain-fed 400 days, offer different cuts and freshly imported seafood. THE BAR The perfect place to start a dinner in the RR&B, The Bar serves a truly international selection of drinks in a thoroughly modern and comfortable setting.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Visited the Rib room on Saturday night for my birthday and was not disappointed .
Expected to pay a little extra for quality but thats what you get , The steak was cook as ordered , well seasoned and delicious . The service received was also of a very high standard - just what you would expect also .
The view from the 31st floor at the Landmark was also excellent . A good night all round !

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I reread many peoples reviews (positive and negative) with great interest as I reflected on last nights dinner at the Rib Room & Bar. I don't particularly like writing reviews about less than positive experiences and only do so when I think others (and the place) might benefit from the feedback.

I booked here because we were having dinner with a friend who loves steak. He orders it everywhere and travels internationally a lot so I believe has perspective. We expected high prices but we were a little shocked given the total overall experience and here's a few reasons why...

My friend ordered eye fillet. What came to the table was a thin (5mm) flat steak, which by all accounts had good flavour, but was far from what we all know as an eye fillet. Did they mix up the order? According to the bill apparently not. What was mixed up on the bill was the wine.

We ordered a bottle of 1989 Croizet Bages (6,000BTH.) The wine waiter offered to decant it and then proceeded to pour himself a generous portion--to check the wine, of course. Throughout the meal he topped the glasses of the men on the table but did not refill my glass nor ask. Both my male companions found this extremely sexist behaviour and were very unimpressed.

To add further insult the wine that showed up on our bill was a Lynch Bages not the Croizet Bages --a simple mistake perhaps, but at the price of 15,900BHT one that seemed quite an oversight!

4  Thank Glenda B
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our meal at the Rib Room & Bar was superb, the steak and accompanying side dishes were cooked to perfection. The restaurant has a very plush feel and the service is attentive and friendly. All of this together with the amazing views over Bangkok lead to a very enjoyable evening in this restaurant and we wouldn't hesitate to return.

TheLandmarkBangkok, Director of Food & Beverage at Rib Room & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Dear Khun Annie,

Thank you for taking your value time to share dining experience at Rib Room and Bar Steakhouse on Tripadvisor website.

I was disappointed to know that your Snow fish was salty and butternut puree were tasteless which I have shared your value commented to our Executive Chef Philippe Gaudal, definitely he will monitor and improve the taste.

I am glad that our quality of service met your expectation and happy to hear that you like "Ricky" RR&B Teddy Bear. Thank you for your compliment for the taste of blueberry cheese cake. Kindly be informed that there are varieties of cheese cake available at Bakery & Café, located at the ground floor.

I do sincere apologize for the cockroach on the pillar. Usually we have pest control system in place which is spray and inspection on monthly basis. I urgently contact to Pest Control Company to fully spray all the restaurant area again today and especially at that pole.

Again Khun Annie, many thanks for your value commented & Congratulations!! for your Anniversary.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in nearly future.

Kind regards,

Winit Kitchaiya
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed December 2, 2013

As this was a one-off, I won't take the time here for a detailed review. I have no complaints; no quibbles. This was a truly outstanding meal, with an excellent accompaniment of wines. Service was charming and efficient. Staff were generous with both food and wine, readily offering refills of each glass, including the wildly expensive Chateau Palmer. Under the circumstances the price was very reasonable, and gifts to take home included a bottle of house wine in a wine carry-bag. My thanks and congratulations to all involved.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went there for the so called best steak in town and was badly disappointed! The prices are quite high, i paid about as much for my sirloin as i would have in Germany and it just wasn't good. i ordered it medium and it was way overcooked! But even if it hadn't been I doubt that the meat quality owuld have been worth the money. The sides were sad too. Breadbasket not worth mentioning. Mashed potatoes were a perfect examplee of how to NOT prepare it (i.e. slimy and sticky) and the supposed asparagus vegetable side was 'substituted' to 80% by Broccoli.
Add to that very, very slow service.

Sad. Waste of money. Won't see me again!

1  Thank gagalichen

Been to Rib Room & Bar? Share your experiences!